Our Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhylee West is out of contract. Killing it in magoos, already kicked 2 goals up forward in 1 quarter tonight. I reckon would be gettable with pick 3rd round pick and would cost low $$$'s. Dunno if Mitch Wallis has much left to offer but would be 10x better cover for prestia breaking down than our kids and cost nothing as a FA.

IN:OUT:
Tom Green, GWS 3rd rounder1st rounder, Norfs 2nd rounder
Rhylee WestGWS 3rd Rounder
Mitch WallisNADA
Discarded, used condom and half a pack of extra mint chewies.Costanza

In 2023 go all out for a Rowell, Anderson, Elijah Hollands type. Hopefully Sonsie, Dow are regular mids by then.
Your post was great until you shat on a premiership player , Your better than that

Throw the kitchen sink at Tom Green, Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson or any other similar type gun kid who's only a few years in. Obviously we have alot of outs but Lambert is officially done, Cotchin most likely retires or cameos next year, Prestia misses as many as he plays, Graham's bung average. Our midfield was pathetic after Dusty's injury today, we should've won by 10 goals minimum but we let them waltz it out no pressure over and over. Tom Green for our 1st and North's 2nd. Rowell for Broad and our 2nd. Midfield sorted for next 10 years.

Throw the kitchen sink at Tom Green, Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson or any other similar type gun kid who's only a few years in. Obviously we have alot of outs but Lambert is officially done, Cotchin most likely retires or cameos next year, Prestia misses as many as he plays, Graham's bung average. Our midfield was pathetic after Dusty's injury today, we should've won by 10 goals minimum but we let them waltz it out no pressure over and over. Tom Green for our 1st and North's 2nd. Rowell for Broad and our 2nd. Midfield sorted for next 10 years.
Not a chance Rowell is handed over for Broad and a second round pick. Broad is 30 next year.

Two picks in the teens doesnt get Tom Green done either.

I've been saying for ages that we need another quality midfider & we have one of the worst midfield's imo. if we fix this spot up we're good.

Our youngens average VFL disposals this year:

RCD: 18 disposals, 11 games, 4th year in system
Jack Ross: 28, 4 games, also 4th year
Thomson Dow: 19, 8 games, 3rd year
Tyler Sonsie: 21.5, 13 games, 1st year

Our youngens average VFL disposals this year:

RCD: 18 disposals, 11 games, 4th year in system
Jack Ross: 28, 4 games, also 4th year
Thomson Dow: 19, 8 games, 3rd year
Tyler Sonsie: 21.5, 13 games, 1st year
RCD is a bust.

Ross is starting to look okay as a B grade mid but needs to string together some solid AFL games in a row to solidify.

Dow is in his 4th season next year which as a midfielder you'd expect him to start forcing his way in and playing some good AFL games in 2023 if he's going to make it.

Sonsie has plenty of time and there looks to be enough to work with.

Chris Scott in the last few weeks has experimented with Jeremy Cameron and Bliclavs at the centre bounces - huge bodies and very mobile. It has been quite effective - especially against us (from memory Cameron was in for the last four centre bounces which they won), and Bliclavs (not as the ruckman) did a good job blanketing Petracca at times on Thursday. Cripps is huge but nowhere near as mobile - but very effective nonetheless.

I’m thinking the only equivalent we probably have is Noah Balta - beast in size, agile as hell and quick.

I’ll be interested to see if Dimma sees this as an option in any way moving forward. Oppo Midfielders will struggle to get the ball with Balta blocking their path. It all comes down to balance I guess - but our midfield in its current iteration is young and pretty small. A bit of serious grunt in there as a “break the glass” option would be something that would be worth exploring maybe?

Chris Scott in the last few weeks has experimented with Jeremy Cameron and Bliclavs at the centre bounces - huge bodies and very mobile. It has been quite effective - especially against us (from memory Cameron was in for the last four centre bounces which they won), and Bliclavs (not as the ruckman) did a good job blanketing Petracca at times on Thursday. Cripps is huge but nowhere near as mobile - but very effective nonetheless.

I’m thinking the only equivalent we probably have is Noah Balta - beast in size, agile as hell and quick.

I’ll be interested to see if Dimma sees this as an option in any way moving forward. Oppo Midfielders will struggle to get the ball with Balta blocking their path. It all comes down to balance I guess - but our midfield in its current iteration is young and pretty small. A bit of serious grunt in there as a “break the glass” option would be something that would be worth exploring maybe?
I’ve got Huge worries with his hammies now
I don’t think a running midfielder role would suit him. Those guys above are endurance beasts
Noah is a power guy and whilst it sounds good in bursts. Having 2 hammies already this season I wouldn’t be entertaining that move this year for sure

Will have to play second ruck now the 2 rucks got injured tonight but personally I wish we just keep him at full back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield is s**t and it regularly loses the crucial clearances late in games which is why we get run over late every week.
If we don’t get a Sr body next year to replace Cotch it’s going to be a very long year

I would be very interested in seeing some CBA stats for yesterdays game
Would it be fair to say baker didn't spend much time in the midfield yesterday?

Dow lost so many 1v1 contests in the middle, Touk Miller had 4 centre clearances and 3 of them were on Dow, he’s just a fish out of water.

I honestly think we should be looking at a Matt Crouch or Wallis type to just try and bridge the gap between the current venerable old blokes and a generation that I would describe as a complete and utter bust.

Sonsie needs games given I still have some hope for him and I'd persevere with Dow, but the rest we won't be winning flags with (RCD in particular). We really need mids in that 23-28 cohort and for whatever reason we've consistently drafted half back types that help with our intercept game. That was fine while we had a competitive midfield but it is now beyond a joke.

The run on goals we concede out of the midfield has lost us most games this year and something needs to be done by the coaching staff to try and arrest that. Spin the magnets, put Mackintosh or Pickett in there as big bodies and see if that can help. Try Vlastuin in there again. Literally try ANYTHING, because otherwise it is season over come first week of the finals (if we make it that far).

Damn, where'd you get those stats from? Time for Dimma to stop this failed Short in the centre experiment. Go back to half back where he's a weapon and play Baker in the guts.

AFL app. Under Players -> Advanced. Might need to customise it to get CBA stats up. Not updated during the game, but usually all up to date a couple hours after the game.

Dow lost so many 1v1 contests in the middle, Touk Miller had 4 centre clearances and 3 of them were on Dow, he’s just a fish out of water.
Hard to be harsh, Miller is one of the best Mids in the comp right now and Dow is still a little undersized
Not like we had any other options

Prestia - 24
Bolton - 22
Nank - 21
Dow - 19
Short - 17
Soldo - 9
Graham - 8

Damn, where'd you get those stats from? Time for Dimma to stop this failed Short in the centre experiment. Go back to half back where he's a weapon and play Baker in the guts.
Probably due to Vlossy out more than anything needed him behind the ball, better defender than short in terms of defending

Still ****ing filthy on Vloss that stupid punch could of potentially changed the entire game if he was in

I said end of last year, I hope we target Tom Mitchell

Exactly what we need.

We need a Shane Tuck ball winner.

If you can get someone who wins ball and uses it well, bonus, but relying on Dow, RcD, Ross, Graham, these guys are cooked, were so weak playing with them in the middle

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back