Video Highlights Out of the vault: 1hr 30mins of Kevin Bartlett highlights.

Remove this Banner Ad

You actually forgot how good of a player Barlett was. He should be spoken about more often as not only a tiger great but an afl great.

5 x flags and 5 x B&f those that know rate him as the top player of all time - Dusty gets him on norm smiths that's it IMHO

You actually forgot how good of a player Barlett was. He should be spoken about more often as not only a tiger great but an afl great.
Both feet in the 60s, the Goat

oppos and media have Richmond syndrome

For the first time ever, using footage from Bartlett Family collection and my footy vault, plus AFL, Ch7, Ch9 and online sources here's 1hr 30 mins of Kevin Bartlett highlights.

Thanks for sharing, RB. Phenomenal how ahead of his time he was. One of the all time greats of our game that needs to be celebrated more

I reckon the best individual award you can win is B&F in a premiership year. Your club has deemed you its best player in its best year.

There are 2 players who have won 3 B&Fs in a premiership year.

Kevin Bartlett
Leigh Matthews

It's a short list, but a good list.

Last edited:
I reckon the best individual award you can win is B&F in a premiership year. Your club has deemed you its best player in its best year.

Kevin Bartlett
Leigh Matthews

Spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin Bartlett
Leigh Matthews

Matthews Fairest is laughable too

Matthews Fairest is laughable too

Yeah somehow Matthew’s has been elevated to this mythical legend, the greatest ever . It just seemed funny to me , they never had to change the rules to try and beat him like they did (unsuccessfully) with KB.

Thanks to KB for so many happy footy memories. A real champion .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kevin Bartlett
Leigh Matthews

Good stat.

But the coaches votes in the modern era would roughly equate to B & F voting in past eras.

So Dusty would have won 3 from 3 flag year B & F's if playing under the same voting structure as Matthews and Bartlett. And Dusty would have won 8 B & F's in all if playing in that era.

Conversely, if KB and Matthews were playing in the modern era, especially under the B & F voting structure Dusty plays under, they would likely have lost some of their B & F's to the likes of Francis Bourke, Merv Keane, Kelvin Moore, Michael Tuck, and Don Scott.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Video Highlights Out of the vault: 1hr 30mins of Kevin Bartlett highlights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back