Outside Midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i heard we are highly likely to sign davey. refused to sign another contract with melbourne the other day.

lovett is determined to stay at essendon unless a trade can be done with a western australian club.

as for burgoyne he hasnt nominated his prefered club yet so i guess we are in wth a chance

i heard we are highly likely to sign davey. refused to sign another contract with melbourne the other day.

lovett is determined to stay at essendon unless a trade can be done with a western australian club.

as for burgoyne he hasnt nominated his prefered club yet so i guess we are in wth a chance

Your last two points are made up which makes it hard to believe the first.

Knights has come out publically and stated that he feels he and Lovett are at a point where they have outgrown each other and that Lovett is looking to secure his future and will not be a part of Essendon's

Burhoyne has nomiated Hawthorn as far as I know unless something has changed.

Pies are need of an outside Midfielder

i.e Andrew Lovett, Shaun Burgoyne, Aaron Davey?

Are we any chance?

Burgoyne is a clearance machine, hardly outside. We already have Didak and Davis, who are two exceptional outside midfielders, as well as Swan - who despite winning his own ball, plays predominately outside. We need inside midfielders, because right now, Pendlebury is the only one [except for Obree, who only has a year or two to go, and Sidebottom and Beams who are too young].

What we are really lacking is BF posters who read threads other then those posted by themselves.

WTF is really going on here....how many times do we have to re-invent this wheel here.

My suggestion to my fellow Pies BF posters is to grab a froffy, get a bit of quite time away from the missus, kids or your hand and have a read through some of the other quality threads already posted covering these topics.

I know i've suggested it before Shawthing, but it might be time to sticky a 2009 trade/draft/delist thread to stop some of these duplicate threads being posted.

We have more threads on trading then outside midfielders at Pieland and that's saying something.

Pies are need of an outside Midfielder

i.e Andrew Lovett, Shaun Burgoyne, Aaron Davey?

Are we any chance?

what a load of crepe! our team is full of outside players. Thats not to say we wouldnt be happy to have any of those three. We need 1 more key tall, a ruck or a big bodied inside mid...didak, leon, wellingham and even pendles are more than capable of playing that outside mids position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what if this year's draft has more talent but clubs are now just recognising talent early and telling kids to tank so they get drafted.

I'm convinced the crowes and west coast do this. How can only 15 kids in the whole country be good enough. Adelaide draft rutten as a rookie player, west coast did the same with dean cox. I know there are heaps of these players who come from nowhere.

For mine, i'd be surprised if Eddie hasn't suggested this shifty kind of approach. We should be out there talking to kids all the time. A steve johnson who loved collingwood should never have ended up at geelong.

A cashed up club should be out their grooming kids. Look at arsen wenger at arsenal, they recruit unknowns for peanuts and at arsenal they are all stars.

Personally I would like us to go after Andrew Lovett. He is lightning quick and has a massive X factor. A bit of extra pace through the midfield wouldn't go astray.

Once again we sit and wonder what the pies will do in trade week, I feel like it will all come to nothing once again. Pure speculation who we will chase and with all this discussion and does anybody have one piece of info that we are chasing anybody.

A key forward hey ?

Well we have got one rotting away in the reserves becuase of Malthouse's refusal to play him and give the kid a go............his name......Chris dawes.

But he must be played week in week out,good,bad indifferent.

At TAC level Chris dawes was the most feared kpp in the competition.
Funny what 3 years at the pies does,becuase of Malthouse's refusal to develop certain young players..............2010 play Dawes every week!

That's if we don't trade the kid.....if we do then it will come back to bite us mark my words.
Hine said that when we recruited Dawes at pick 23 in the supposed superdraft,he would easily have been a top ten pick if he wasn't injured.

We got a bargain and malthouse has not ultilised the kid,and now he wants to trade a 20 year old kpp for some old hack who is no guarentee to get us to a flag,

The quicker malthouse relinquishes the reins to Buckley the better.
This is the 50 th time i have said this.

We let the same players coast through the year, putting in solid performances week after week and when finals come around they go missing.

I hope this year they take a hard line approach, I love Leon Davis but i think its time he serves the club for a higher purpose, securing an elite player with the help of our first round draft pick.

Does Dale Thomas really do enough to warrant selection week in, week out..?

I just hope in what seems to be a very active trade week, we don't sit on our hands and let more quality players walk to other clubs and have teams overtake us when it seems we are on the brink of success, we just need one or two quality players to get us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back