dee-molishon

All Australian
Sep 29, 2007
geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
sonics, storm
interesting in the hearld sun sport that pagan is saying the eagles shouldnt lose draft picks and that no team should because of his expierence at carlton. Well to me the afl need to consider this:
1) Did west coast have knowledge of cousins involment with the wrong people and drugs? Yes
2) Did West coast decided to keep cousins on their list even after previous occasions of similar problems that we didnt know about in the past? Id say yes
3) Why did they keep cousins on their list at the start of last year? Did they really think he would be fully recovered after a 4 week stay at a drug clinic? If they did they are flipping stupid
4) Why did they bring cousins back in round 16? SIMPLE: if judd hadnt been injured and west coast were going well i HIGHLY doubt he would have even returned this year.

The fact to me is west coast chose chasing a premiership (just like carlton) again over a players health and well-being, if west coast were fair dinkum and cared for cousins well fare they would have NEVER let him play again this year and would have worried more about the player rather than their own on field performances. If they had sat cousins out for the year and he had still been busted with drugs it would be seen that they were at least making a decision that was best for ben and not for them. But because they chose to bring him back it makes it (at least to me) seem much worse than if they had let him sit the year out and get himself right. They are trying to save themselves by sacking ben when all along they should have been the ones taking the initiative and making ben sit out all last year.
I feel sorry for ben in a strange way, as the club i believe, has let him down just as much as he has let them down. Chasing premierships with mentally unfit players is UR choice west coast and U should suffer not just ben.

Pagan says no, I say u deserve it west coast- stripem' of the draft picks

It works both ways though. I agree that they shouldn't have brought him back so soon. You don't just overcome a drug addiction overnight, and they know that, but they ignored it.
At the same time though, I'm pretty sure it was his choice to take drugs in the first place, and the fact that he is in this mess now is a result of it.

Best case scenario is this:
WC get stripped of their first rounder this year, Cotchin falls to us;
Ben goes and rehabilitates himself for as long as it takes, not a couple of weeks;
And if his head is right, he gets picked up by the Dees in the 09 PSD after 15 clubs pass on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back