Autopsy Pain v Godeez

Remove this Banner Ad

Complete downhill skiers who beat up on weak teams who aren't switched on and fold when the heat goes up. Pretenders of the highest order.

But it's an excellent test for us. The North from before the bye loses this by 70+. Let's see how much we've improved.
I'm not confident. Always thought we'd give the Pies and Dees a scare, but if we can be competitive against the Dogs it'll help build further confidence.

he certainly played very well and I’m happy for him but not us. Will be rapt to be wrong should he continue to offer run off the backline.
He’ll have competition for a spot over the next couple of years. Goats, Hardeman, Dawson x2.

We should have won this game wtf was that first quarter.
Accurate it’s called inconsistency. You are a smart guy . It goes with the turf of being such a young side. Last week we got run down from 54 in front . This week we nearly ran someone down from 40.
We gave them both the fright of their lives. But we have got so much out of these 2 losses that we cannot underestimate. These hardships & types of disappointments are setting us up for the future. We are not perfect & we have much improvement to go. But the belief, courage & will power in these past 3 games for even the hardest of judges , “me” who all I asked was for effort is now here for all to see & enjoy again .

Last edited:
If Larkey got the frees that Curnow gets, he would have had a dozen shots in front of goal.

May was holding his arm, his jumper, and flat out putting him in a full nelson on every thrust forward by us.
Good call Anvil. The Curnow Wilson or Daicos Wilson . It’s the AFL’s list of untouchables . Be ready for next week when we play the dogs & Bont . We will not be able to even look at him & he will draw a free. It goes with the turf of being so insignificant for so long I suppose & a massive pain in the butt thorn to the AFL of still being around or in Melbourne , not merging & best of all not going anywhere in a hurry vs playing powerhouse big teams. This will change . “Just you wait & see” 💙🤍💙

Piling on five goals in the last and scaring a side into panic defending was a new trick for us. The kind of experience we need.

Like last week, those final seconds are still playing in my head on repeat. We've been in it till the death for three games in a row. Please keep it going boys, it just becomes a game of odds if we continue to play like that.

I'm not confident. Always thought we'd give the Pies and Dees a scare, but if we can be competitive against the Dogs it'll help build further confidence.
Agree . I had song of confidence vs west coast , pies & Godees all because we have a relative healthy list & they were all missing key players. But this week is kind of the opposite. We’ve had a bruising 3 weeks played in the west & had 6 day breaks & they the dogs will have a full list available. Darcy , Naughton & Chucky are all back now. Bont, Libba & Treloar in the midfield with the week off.
But who knows? Young youth found Confidence is a wonderful thing but deep down I’m preparing myself for a slight downer. I think we drop this one vs the Dogs but we get Logue & Kerch for the week after & smash the Suns at Marvel.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

That’s all I’ve got for tonight.

You’ll know it when you see it

1719105178112.jpeg

Big shout out from me to Liam Sheils last night . Underestimated sung hero now for north . His coaching , encouragement lead by example cannot be undervalued. He had 16 with 4 tackles. It’s what he does away from the ball which is also fantastic . Need to find a Parker or similar for next year in this role .

Also, a massive shout-out to the fans who were there. Not a huge crowd, 28K, but on a cold night between a team who's going bottom 2 for the fifth year, and one full of premiership players aiming for finals for the fourth straight year it was OK.

Funny thing was, the fans who were loudest and probably highest in number were for the bottom team. It was very enjoyable down the city end where it was almost exclusively North.

Last edited:
Big shout out from me to Liam Sheils last night . Underestimated sung hero now for north . His coaching , encouragement lead by example cannot be undervalued. He had 16 with 4 tackles. It’s what he does away from the ball which is also fantastic . Need to find a Parker or similar for next year in this role .

Good shout. A real staple player who helps give the young guns some confidence. Replacing his influence on-field will be important over the off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing l have noticed from our games is that at boundary throw-in all our players around the throw-in gravitate towards the ball and leave opposition players out the back by themselves for a quick exit..l am hoping that maturity will fix the issue..

One thing l have noticed from our games is that at boundary throw-in all our players around the throw-in gravitate towards the ball and leave opposition players out the back by themselves for a quick exit..l am hoping that maturity will fix the issue..

Been the same for 20 years, not sure it is an age thing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Imagine if we also had a well behaved Thomas playing as well 😤

He had talent, given, but he's been replaced: Harry, George, Will.
And you still have Colby, Zane, Geordie to come + 2025 draft. Smillie ? O'Sullivan ?
Remember W.Dawson & Hardeman ?

He'd be good trade bait if possible. We could get Freo's 1st rounder gifted to them by Port 👍

He had talent, given, but he's been replaced: Harry, George, Will.
And you still have Colby, Zane, Geordie to come + 2025 draft. Smillie ? O'Sullivan ?
Remember W.Dawson & Hardeman ?

He'd be good trade bait if possible. We could get Freo's 1st rounder gifted to them by Port 👍
Yep, try and get something for TT. We can’t lose such a talent for nothing

It was a great comeback but sick of losing.
Last week folded in last, this week came home with a wet sail.
That effort in final quarter last week sees us win.
So frustrating.
Love the effort but just want some wins.

Yeah need to translate the effort into a few wins before we lose momentum, but realistically I don't think many of us expected the margins to be so slim vs teams like Collingwood & Melbourne. The fact that we came so close both times in what are essentially polar opposite game scenarios is a good sign. I also only just realised we didn't concede a single point in that final quarter which is pretty insane for a team supposedly lacking fitness.

We have a tough few weeks coming up which will test us but the expectation should be no blowout losses & wins against WCE & Richmond.

Yep, try and get something for TT. We can’t lose such a talent for nothing

Debates been had l think. We get nothing.
Never mind. When l think of him l picture him with his feet up on the bench in Hobart with a big smile on his face refusing to go back on the ground. Can you imagine any of the above group doing that ? Doubt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pain v Godeez

Remove this Banner Ad

Back