Painful

Remove this Banner Ad

ralu

Team Captain
Mar 7, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its becoming increasingly hard for me to enjoy my footy. When we lose i get so unbelievably angry, basically wanting to break things. These losses are really cutting me deep, i feel i may be too passionate.

I end up being depressed for the rest of the day and tonight will be no different. Could struggle to live to 30 the way im travelling.

I am proud of the effort of the guys tonight but in the end its another loss. its gonna be an uphill battle to play in september let alone challenge.

I need some reassuring words on life, has anybody out there got some words of wisdom??

I thought that goldsack was great tonight as well as woody and bryan. I hope that was tooveys last game and i reckon sharrod might need a spell.
Thoughts

Sharrod doesn't need a spell, he's getting a week off no matter what he does, but after that he needs to get back on the bike as does Dale Thomas. These players need more experience, not less.

I know what you mean though, it's tough losing these matches after we'd put ourselves in a promising position in terms of the ladder, and winning 4 on the trot.

did you actually watch tooves? Wasnt disgraced anywhere and actually kicked ok today

Wellingham was good bar one stupid handpass, and did well coming back from almost having his cheek caved.

Also we had that game won until we were left two men down with our structure destroyed, we needed one of reid or rocca to stay out there but neither could. The dogs are a good side and we wrent able to cover our defencies when none of our players could rest.

Still if we kicked straight or even in the end been piad one OOB to didak we may of won.

IMO it wasn't as disappointing as it could have been. WB are a good side and we took it to them right to the end. We just aren't up to the challenge this year and that's a fact but if we can run premiership contenders like the WB around like we did today then I'm pretty pleased.
If you really need cheering up then go take another look at Aker's game today (particularly getting run down in the goalsquare in the last Q) that should be good for a laugh.

We should have put them away:(

Yep, unfortunately Lockyer and Rhyce Shaw, who were otherwise very good, missed a string of gettable shots in the first half. We should have been five goals up in the second quarter.

When they missed, I've gotta say that I had that sinking feeling... Correctly, as it turned out.

IMO it wasn't as disappointing as it could have been. WB are a good side and we took it to them right to the end. We just aren't up to the challenge this year and that's a fact but if we can run premiership contenders like the WB around like we did today then I'm pretty pleased.
If you really need cheering up then go take another look at Aker's game today (particularly getting run down in the goalsquare in the last Q) that should be good for a laugh.

Adding to that Reid went off early, played much of the game with 2 on the bench, missing Davis, Fraser, Cloke and Rusling (he would have been very helpful today)

What was painful was our missed opportunities. Lockyer and R Shaw had shots to almost put the game beyond the Bulldog's reach. We really should have capitalised as we had all the momentum in the first 2 and a half quarters. The Bulldogs, however, made good use of their chances early on and kept themselves in the game.

The losses of Reid and Rocca were huge as well, though. I really thought Rocca was beginning to hit his stride before he got injured. We were always going to struggle with only two people on the bench, but the fact that it was our two key marking targets up forward made it worse. But these are things that you just can't control.

I think you'll find that there were a lot of positives to take out of this game in any case. We showed a lot of guts tonight, as we were undermanned and coming up against one of the top teams in the comp. The form of Heath Shaw would also be a source of great encouragement, as well as that of our ruckmen. We also laid 22 more tackles than our opposition, which hopefully signals a return to the high pressure game that brought us so much success against Geelong.

But yeah, any loss is disheartening, but this one I felt was our best effort since the Geelong game. I really have hope that we can take it to the Swans in a couple of weeks and beat them.

What was painful was our missed opportunities. Lockyer and R Shaw had shots to almost put the game beyond the Bulldog's reach. We really should have capitalised as we had all the momentum in the first 2 and a half quarters. The Bulldogs, however, made good use of their chances early on and kept themselves in the game.
Try telling that to Aker!

Its becoming increasingly hard for me to enjoy my footy. When we lose i get so unbelievably angry, basically wanting to break things. These losses are really cutting me deep, i feel i may be too passionate.

Its a matter of pregame expectations not matching post game results mate.

Experiencing losses makes wins all the better.

I can never get over the one point loss to the saints in 1966 because it was one game I was sure we would win,, it has though made every game we beat the saints more memorable as pay back time.

We are a great Club and a young side going places... forget what all the knockers say. We have been able to stick around and play in finals and battle on with good draft choices of late... we did not need to be like Carlton to build our side and we are developing some great players

Be proud always of those who wear the black and white

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a matter of pregame expectations not matching post game results mate.

Experiencing losses makes wins all the better.

I can never get over the one point loss to the saints in 1966 because it was one game I was sure we would win,, it has though made every game we beat the saints more memorable as pay back time.

We are a great Club and a young side going places... forget what all the knockers say. We have been able to stick around and play in finals and battle on with good draft choices of late... we did not need to be like Carlton to build our side and we are developing some great players

Be proud always of those who wear the black and white
HEAR HEAR!:thumbsu:

Forgive me for barging onto your board after a loss, and I'm probably gonna say something you don't wanna hear, but you guys were good in alot of ways today. I was ripping my hair out for most of the game as you just didn't allow us the run we're used to. You put pressure on the ball carrier and the many mistakes we made came from the pressure applied by the Collingwood players. As has already been stated in this thread, aside from injuries the thing that cost you the game was not taking the most of your chances when you had control in the first half.

Even against the Roos, which was a game we lost, they didn't manage to force the turnovers like Collingwood did today. They just managed to get more on the scoreboard.

Good luck for the rest of the year.

Forgive me for barging onto your board after a loss, and I'm probably gonna say something you don't wanna hear, but you guys were good in alot of ways today. I was ripping my hair out for most of the game as you just didn't allow us the run we're used to. You put pressure on the ball carrier and the many mistakes we made came from the pressure applied by the Collingwood players. As has already been stated in this thread, aside from injuries the thing that cost you the game was not taking the most of your chances when you had control in the first half.

Even against the Roos, which was a game we lost, they didn't manage to force the turnovers like Collingwood did today. They just managed to get more on the scoreboard.

yeah that basically sums it up.

rhyce kicks the three asy shots he missed, tarkym his two we are up by 6 goals we can coast home.

there was signs that we found some form but with injuries coming in and injuries during teh game it just wouldnt fall our way

I end up being depressed for the rest of the day and tonight will be no different. Could struggle to live to 30 the way im travelling.

I am proud of the effort of the guys tonight but in the end its another loss. its gonna be an uphill battle to play in september let alone challenge.

I need some reassuring words on life, has anybody out there got some words of wisdom??

I thought that goldsack was great tonight as well as woody and bryan. I hope that was tooveys last game and i reckon sharrod might need a spell.
Thoughts

Geez Mate sometimes other teams are just better, that's why they call it sport. Live a little, once you experience some real tragedy in life you will realise its only footy, and it's 2 hours a week that's a good release from all the other shit that goes on. The best thing is that in footy there's always next week (ok, in this case 2 weeks), you might hit Nirvana if we belt the Swans.

Very painful loss, but it's these types of losses which the players will benefit from in the future. Them knowing they had the chance to win and were close to doing so will spur them on IMO.

I totally agree. The same could be said of the WB. Pies love a running game too, WB stopped much of that. As soon as we stop running we make mistakes. But I think we can all (WB and Pie supporters) that we saw a good tight struggle today. I came away happy even though we lost.

I totally agree. The same could be said of the WB. Pies love a running game too, WB stopped much of that. As soon as we stop running we make mistakes. But I think we can all (WB and Pie supporters) that we saw a good tight struggle today. I came away happy even though we lost.

I hate when I get that feeling.

Agreed. We fought on even though we had our backs up against the wall in the last quarter. Im dissapointed that we loss, but i'm sure a loss like that will allow for quite a bit to be taken from it

The losses of Reid and Rocca were huge as well, though. I really thought Rocca was beginning to hit his stride before he got injured. We were always going to struggle with only two people on the bench, but the fact that it was our two key marking targets up forward made it worse. But these are things that you just can't control.

I think you'll find that there were a lot of positives to take out of this game in any case. We showed a lot of guts tonight, as we were undermanned and coming up against one of the top teams in the comp. The form of Heath Shaw would also be a source of great encouragement, as well as that of our ruckmen. We also laid 22 more tackles than our opposition, which hopefully signals a return to the high pressure game that brought us so much success against Geelong.

But yeah, any loss is disheartening, but this one I felt was our best effort since the Geelong game. I really have hope that we can take it to the Swans in a couple of weeks and beat them.

Nice summary. I have to agree.

Finally a gracious winner. Mingo your comments do you real credit, you are supporting a side that has gone thro some very lean years and it is nice to see that now when your boys are a real chance of winning a flag you still have humility. More power to you and I wish you all good fortune (when your boys aren't playing ours).
"There can be no glory without honour.":thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Painful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back