Parakeelia

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty amazing how much press Eddie MacGuire's gaff is getting compared to this fraud.
ABC News update featured an article on the #faketradie I think second up tonight.

How has Twitter (which I think is at most used by 1% of people) got so much influence in the media when so often it is just chit chat...

The software company at the centre of a growing storm about Liberal Party finances rented prime Melbourne office space used by the Liberals as their national headquarters for the last federal election, Fairfax can reveal. The revelations raise fresh questions about the flow of money between the Liberal Party and its software company, which receives hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in money originating from taxpayer-funded allowances. Liberal MPs around Australia direct $2500 in taxpayer allowances each year to Parakeelia Pty Ltd, which is wholly owned by the Liberals...a former government adviser and Labor have alleged the set-up is a "scam" or "washing machine" for profits originating from taxpayers' money after Fairfax revealed Parakeelia has paid $1.1 million into Liberal accounts over the past three years.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...adquarters-20160620-gpn0f9.html#ixzz4CCNQBTkL

The Liberals continue to say this is a matter for their HQ... But they're all Liberals. Incredible that they are trying to say it's not related to them.

Yeah but this time they have a plan for jobs and growth and a strong new economy. Yes it would have been nice of them to implement that plan post 2013 election rather than post 2016 election but beggars cant be choosers.
Actually I think that Jobson Growth is one of their candidates. Must be in a marginal seat because they talk about him so much.

If these funds are already allowances to liberal parliamentarians anyway, is it really a big deal?
Yes, because taxpayer funded allowances are not there to pay for the campaign. They're for operational costs (i.e. rent, staffers, etc.). Campaign funds have to be generated by the party via donations, member subs, etc. This is a direct subversion of taxpayer monies into campaign funds via a not-so-elaborate fraud. Technically it's illegal

If Labor win I will expect a Royal Commission into this and the rest of the Liberal Parties money laundering schemes grubby frauds with jail time for the campaigners.

If Labor win I will expect a Royal Commission into this and the rest of the Liberal Parties money laundering schemes grubby frauds with jail time for the campaigners.
They've got the Royal Commission into banking lined up. Parakeelia should be investigated no matter what, but for better or worse Labor don't seem to do the sort of targeting of Liberals that the current Government have spent over $60M on.

I guess the Liberals just feel entitled to taxpayer's money so will spend it however they feel.

For those who don't have the time or inclination to read...

Thank you for posting the video, as I didn't really understand your OP.

Cannot believe this. $1mil through Parakeelia to fund the Liberals, which is a Liberal government thing.

I mean, it's bad enough that somehow these gov agencies are accessing personal information at the level that they are, but to use it as a means to fund yourself, via taxpayers money, is disgusting.

That clip said Parakeelia was the second largest donater to the lib party.

Last edited:
Every payment, related party transaction and conflict of interest to a politician should be disclosed. The fact that one of these items occurs isn't an issue, rather disclosure ensures everything is above board and can be reviewed to ensure there is no issue.

Has there been an investigation into this matter by an authority? what were the findings?

Does anyone have a link to laws or regulations pertaining to this matter?

FTR I don't like payments like this. I'd be more comfortable if the payments were direct by the government rather than indirect through the liberal party.

Thank you for posting the video, as I didn't really understand your OP.

Cannot believe this. $1mil through Parakeelia to fund the Liberals, which is a Liberal government thing.

I mean, it's bad enough that somehow these gov agencies are accessing personal information at the level that they are, but to use it as a means to fund yourself, via taxpayers money, is disgusting.

That clip said Parakeelia was the second largest donater to the lib party.
Sadly all legal but wouldn't pass the 'pub' test. Very clever our Libs.

Can't believe this is not being talked about more. Imagine if it were the Labor Party.

Every payment, related party transaction and conflict of interest to a politician should be disclosed. The fact that one of these items occurs isn't an issue, rather disclosure ensures everything is above board and can be reviewed to ensure there is no issue.

Has there been an investigation into this matter by an authority? what were the findings?

Does anyone have a link to laws or regulations pertaining to this matter?

FTR I don't like payments like this. I'd be more comfortable if the payments were direct by the government rather than indirect through the liberal party.
This is crazy.
How can you say this isn't an issue?
How can you say that it's ok because it's legal?
Exucse me, but I do not accept that youv written so much about a posibility with a Labour policy, but you dont care about something thats actually happened.

Sadly all legal but wouldn't pass the 'pub' test. Very clever our Libs.

Can't believe this is not being talked about more. Imagine if it were the Labor Party.
The Labour party did it as well, just not the taxpayer funds part.
And its the taxpayer funds part that is the biggest part, but the access to our information shouldnty be overlooked.

Cannot believe its legal! but thats what scum accountants are for.

Given that Abbott set up a Royal Commission into Pink Bats then this is definitely deserving of one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And its the taxpayer funds part that is the biggest part, but the access to our information shouldnty be overlooked.

That is what happen when you have a duopoly running the country. They have become a business within government and no longer fully accountable to the public. If anyone actually wanted a reason to vote independent then this is it and is a big enough reason for them to campaign for others to vote independent too.

Not sure that they did, can you give me details?
My understanding was that members get an allowance, they then paid for services to a company that is owned by the Liberal part who in turned donated back to the Liberal Party.
Not sure that Labor did that.

This is crazy.
How can you say this isn't an issue?
How can you say that it's ok because it's legal?
Exucse me, but I do not accept that youv written so much about a posibility with a Labour policy, but you dont care about something thats actually happened.

I didn't say it wasn't an issue. I didn't say it is OK "because" it is legal.

Yes I did refer to laws and regulations as I am keen to understand what frameworks are in place. Yes I did question whether an authority has reviewed this to understand if a report was available.

From what has been link so far, I believe structures like this should be stopped and would support on overhaul of the system.

Not sure that they did, can you give me details?
My understanding was that members get an allowance, they then paid for services to a company that is owned by the Liberal part who in turned donated back to the Liberal Party.
Not sure that Labor did that.
No sorry, Labour didnt use it to channel taxpayers money into their own pockets, but they had their own company that they used to access private information that they normally shouldn't be able to access.

Not as bad as what the Liberals did, but still pretty bad.

I didn't say it wasn't an issue. I didn't say it is OK "because" it is legal.

Yes I did refer to laws and regulations as I am keen to understand what frameworks are in place. Yes I did question whether an authority has reviewed this to understand if a report was available.

From what has been link so far, I believe structures like this should be stopped and would support on overhaul of the system.
Well, did you read the link in the OP? Did you watch the video?

If were not arguing about how wrong it is, why do I feel like im trying ton convince you that you should take it seriously?

Well, did you read the link in the OP? Did you watch the video?

If were not arguing about how wrong it is, why do I feel like im trying ton convince you that you should take it seriously?

I do take it seriously and confirm I support an overhaul of the system which would regulate or put a stop to these types of practices.

I'd be keen to see the existing legal framework or regulations, to understand what can be done. Do you know what laws or framework govern this (as I don't know)?

I do take it seriously and confirm I support an overhaul of the system which would regulate or put a stop to these types of practices.

I'd be keen to see the existing legal framework or regulations, to understand what can be done. Do you know what laws or framework govern this (as I don't know)?
How can you be taken seriously>

This is pure corruption, and the best you can offer is in two sentences? Shakes head.
Can't believe that you hadn't taken the time to inform yourself or even read the thread and it had to be pointed out to you.
I wonder how much anger and bile you would have written if instead of Liberals the word unions were substituted?

This isnt a hypothetical, its happened and its currently happening.

Why would I know the existing legal framework governs this body? And who cares?

How do you not understand that the Liberal party is using tax payers money to gain access to our personal details.

And the big one, which is that they are tunneling tax payer money into their own campaigns? Parakeelia was the second biggest contributer to the Liberal party at the last election. $1mil.
That is our money "the workers" money being used to fund the Liberal party. And its been done via deliberatly deceptive means.

But if i dont know the laws or existing legal framework, then we shouldnt even bother talking about it?
Why talk about the corruption if we dont have a solution as to what can be done?
Your a lunatic.

How can you be taken seriously>

This is pure corruption, and the best you can offer is in two sentences? Shakes head.
Can't believe that you hadn't taken the time to inform yourself or even read the thread and it had to be pointed out to you.
I wonder how much anger and bile you would have written if instead of Liberals the word unions were substituted?
This isnt a hypothetical, its happened and its currently happening.

Why would I know the existing legal framework governs this body? And who cares?

How do you not understand that the Liberal party is using tax payers money to gain access to our personal details.

And the big one, which is that they are tunneling tax payer money into their own campaigns? Parakeelia was the second biggest contributer to the Liberal party at the last election. $1mil.
That is our money "the workers" money being used to fund the Liberal party. And its been done via deliberatly deceptive means.

But if i dont know the laws or existing legal framework, then we shouldnt even bother talking about it?
Why talk about the corruption if we dont have a solution as to what can be done?
Your a lunatic.

to understand what should be done, you need to understand what the legal framework currently is. This determines what breaches there were and if none, sets the benchmark for changes as I do not believe what happened is ethical.

I have tried to find the Greens policy, as I supported their proposed governance/ ethics/ integrity body. Can you recall what the policy was called?

to understand what should be done, you need to understand what the legal framework currently is. This determines what breaches there were and if none, sets the benchmark for changes as I do not believe what happened is ethical.

I have tried to find the Greens policy, as I supported their proposed governance/ ethics/ integrity body. Can you recall what the policy was called?
What are you talking about?
Greens policy?

The Liberals have been caught laundering money, and your asking me what the Greens policy is?

What are you talking about?
Greens policy?

The Liberals have been caught laundering money, and your asking me what the Greens policy is?

1) I do not like what was done as it feels cute
2) that said just because their was a related party transaction doesn't mean its corruption or laundering. An arm's length transaction fully disclosed can be reasonable. If this wasn't the case a company director wouldn't be able to be paid a wage.
3) The Greens put forward a policy to establish a "ethics, corruption, integrity" commission. I support the establishment of such a body in principle but I can't find the BF thread on the matter or the policy on the greens website.
4) An independent body as proposed by the greens would be appropriate to review for fair, reasonableness and for arm's length

I think this issue highlights that we shouldn't trust governments, political parties or politicians. Unfortunately some have blind faith.

Last edited:
1) I do not like what was done as it feels cute
2) that said just because their was a related party transaction doesn't mean its corruption or laundering. An arm's length transaction fully disclosed can be reasonable. If this wasn't the case a company director wouldn't be able to be paid a wage.
3) The Greens put forward a policy to establish a "ethics, corruption, integrity" commission. I support the establishment of such a body in principle but I can't find the BF thread on the matter or the policy on the greens website.
4) An independent body as proposed by the greens would be appropriate to review for fair, reasonableness and for arm's length
It isn't cute.

They paid themselves $1mil in taxpayer dollars.
They have an allowance for software, which they nearly doubled, and it all goes to Parakeelia. Parakeelia then pumped these funds into the Liberal party.

Parakeelia is a Liberal party set up.

The Liberal party uses taxpayer money to buy information from Parakeelia.
That information is personal details of us taxpayers.

This money is then pumped back into the Liberal party to fund their campaign.

They cannot put taxpayer money and put it directly into their campaign, so theyve run it though something to make it seem like the money has come from somewhere else. how isnt that laundering?

Remove this Banner Ad

Parakeelia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back