Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Here we go!!

While it’s not officially day 1, the pre opening ceremony events officially get underway tonight! Soccer and Rugby 7’s both take centre stage.

It starts at 11:00pm AEST with men’s soccer. One of the heavyweights, Argentina, faces off against Morocco while at the same time, it’s Uzbekistan vs Spain. Host nation and gold medal favourites France face USA at 5am. Let’s see how they handle the early pressure.

The first Australian athletes are in action at 11:30pm when Australia faces Samoa in the men’s rugby 7’s. Short turn around for a second clash against Kenya at 3am. Gold medal favourites and winners of the only two previous rugby 7 Olympic events, Fiji, get started against Uruguay, then USA. Outside of Fiji, Argentina, Ireland, NZ and our boys are all expected to be in the medal mix.

Get those hot drinks ready, it’s about to begin!

Last edited:
Looking forward to your daily threads Drummond.

I asked Jeremias to ask if you would do a wrap up of each day thread, like in Tokyo, as they were great.

I said I know the timezone the time difference to Paris compared to Tokyo makes it difficult, as you used to to do them around midnight when the day events were finished.

So thanks for saying yes and good luck with sleep factor and doing them everyday.

I have been slowly building excitement for this event.

I am confused as to why the Rugby 7's is starting so early. Not complaining, just confused. I think it is due to athletics later on in the event.

The timezone sucks. After Tokyo and Rio, we are back to the best events starting at 4am
They keep adding sports, so spread out the cameras and equipment over more days. And yeah as they are using Stade de France it means one less stadium to build and they give track and field athletes a couple of days access to the stadium by having the finals done by Tuesday night.

I did this table the other day re TV and which zone its in since the LA Games in 1984 made TV revenue the major source for each Olympics cities OCOG and IOC. They basically have spread it out evenly over the 3 timezones.

The Winter Olympics is more biased towards the Euro time zone, partly because more winter sports countries are based in Europe and countries want those games, as they are cheaper to put on.

Americas​
Europe​
Asia​
1984​
1992​
1988​
1996​
2004​
2000​
2016​
2012​
2008​
2028​
2024​
2020​
N/A​
N/A​
2032​

here we go batman GIF

The 2024 Olympic Games are officially underway!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving the fact Stan Sports is showing both game already in 4K. Doubt I’ll even watch 9’s main coverage
Yeah I watched about 5 minutes then said **** it and forked out the cash for Stan.

Yeah I watched about 5 minutes then said **** it and forked out the cash for Stan.

I’m using my brother in law’s Stan account.

He didn’t have the Olympic add on.

He’s going to wake up to a fun message letting him know he now has it. :tearsofjoy:

Loving the fact Stan Sports is showing both game already in 4K. Doubt I’ll even watch 9’s main coverage

Yeah, I doubt I’ll even look at Nine’s coverage this go around. Stan is fantastic.

Loving the crowds after the COVID affected Tokyo games

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - 1st day of events

Remove this Banner Ad

Back