Summer Paris 2024 - Volleyball

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Super excited for the volleyball! Actually one of my favourite and most anticipated events on the whole schedule. Japan have shot up the rankings, now 2nd. So keen to see the human trampoline Yuji Nishida go about his business.

Men’s competition:

Pool A: France, Slovenia, Canada, Serbia
Pool B: Poland, Italy, Brazil, Egypt
Pool C: Japan, USA, Argentina, Germany.

Rankings:

81C15A19-820C-4D45-B954-2954FAA7BE33.jpeg

Women’s competition:

Pool A: France, USA, China, Serbia
Pool B: Brazil, Poland, Japan, Kenya
Pool C: Italy, Turkey, Netherlands, Dominican Republic

Rankings:

76E58555-F46C-4B12-9B31-58D58BD28BDE.jpeg

watched the German men upset Japan in 5 sets this afternoon. What a great way to kick things off.
I don’t really understand what’s going on outside of the very basics but the athleticism and skill is incredible. I’m trying to figure out the positions and what their roles are but for now it’s just fun to watch them flying around.

Italy currently 2-0 up in a pretty tight game against Brazil.

watched the German men upset Japan in 5 sets this afternoon. What a great way to kick things off.
I don’t really understand what’s going on outside of the very basics but the athleticism and skill is incredible. I’m trying to figure out the positions and what their roles are but for now it’s just fun to watch them flying around.

Italy currently 2-0 up in a pretty tight game against Brazil.

We were robbed.
comedy fan GIF by CollingwoodFC

Seriously now. Despite the result, Brazil was actually better than people here expected. We may be able to bounce back.

Turkey women take it to a 5th set after getting flogged in the first 2 by the Netherlands

Netherlands the big underdog. The crowd is hyped, the volleyball is fantastic.
Too right for both. The crowd is going off in this one, especially for Turkey I think. What a brilliant match this has been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

France looking ominous.
Friday night vs Slovenia should be terrific. Both are through to the quarters, but think both would want to use the hit-out as a way to set-up for a Gold Medal run.

Volleyball is using a mixed playoff system, top seeds in each group are 1-3 but 2nd and 3rd ranked teams are jumbled up. And then 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5.

In theory, a team could replay against their pool opponent (if top = 3rd, second = 6th). But the two top ranked teams will play third ranked teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Volleyball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back