Parra jerseys

Remove this Banner Ad

i was watching the bulldogs play last week, and had one of the speakers too close to the tv, and as a result it was turning part of the picture purple. i could have sworn it was a manly jersey, they look the same. yeah and i think the super leag.ue started the trend with these lycra-type shirts they are wearing nowdays. give me the good old guernsey any day. apparently it makes them harder to tackle?? to me theyre looking like soccer shirts

Check out the collar-less jumpers the Broncos wear now, they are worse. I agree with you nicko, they should all go back to the pre-superleague traditional strips. Would go a little way to get old fans interested in the game again, seeing their clubs old colours running around.

Originally posted by Rocket Rudi
What's the go there?

Skimpy figure-hugging things, they are. Plenty of telltale paunches on display. If you don't got it, don't flaunt it.

Since when have Parra ever had decent jumpers?

;)

Re: Re: Re: Parra jerseys

Originally posted by nicko18

i actually quite liked their jumper pre 1995

And you call yourself a Manly supporter..... :mad:

The only use for a Parra jumper is when you run out of bum wrap when you are taking a terd.

I don't mind teams changing their away strips for promotional and fund raising activities, but ytheir home strips should stay!

Storm are changing their away strip for next year (thank goodness) as I hated those terrible purple jerseys with those bolts.....plain purple would have been better in my opinion.
It will be a very plain strip from what I have heard....

I nearly died when I say the Broncos strip on Sat. night...but must say, after the end of the game.....the colours nearly and I say nearly... had me convinced it wasn't too bad!

And Briedis, I really like the Eagles strip now..so I am sure you will be pleased with that

:D

What's wrong with a bit of lycra? Actually it's polyester. I quite like some of the modern jerseys.

The figure hugging idea is all Brian Smith's. He brought figure hugging jerseys to Bradford in 1996. It's one of the idea's he's taken from the NFL. Anyone will know that Smiffy is a big NFL fan.

Originally posted by Ms.Storm
And Briedis, I really like the Eagles strip now..so I am sure you will be pleased with that
:D

I'm confused ... Am I pleased that you like the Eagles jerseys or I am pleased with the Eagles jerseys?

I don't like these figure hugging jumpers. They look stupid. Tight tops are for the cheer leaders not the players. The only reason they have gone with the tight tops is because the material they use these days is so easy to grab and stretch.

Give me the old jumpers that looked like footy jumpers and didn't stretch any day.

Todays jumper designs look stupid, simple jumpers always look the best. I hope Manly go back to their original jumpers next year. I swear in five years time, todays jumpers will be out of fashion and will be replaced. Maybe that's what the marketers want.... We will look back at these jumpers and say "What a fashion mistake that was .... "

Most AFL clubs have simple, traditional jumper designs and they look great still. NRL has got it wrong I reckon. Hats off to Easts, St. George and Souths for sticking with their traditional jumpers.

Originally posted by Briedis

I'm confused ... Am I pleased that you like the Eagles jerseys or I am pleased with the Eagles jerseys?

I don't like these figure hugging jumpers. They look stupid. Tight tops are for the cheer leaders not the players. The only reason they have gone with the tight tops is because the material they use these days is so easy to grab and stretch.

Give me the old jumpers that looked like footy jumpers and didn't stretch any day.

Todays jumper designs look stupid, simple jumpers always look the best. I hope Manly go back to their original jumpers next year. I swear in five years time, todays jumpers will be out of fashion and will be replaced. Maybe that's what the marketers want.... We will look back at these jumpers and say "What a fashion mistake that was .... "

Most AFL clubs have simple, traditional jumper designs and they look great still. NRL has got it wrong I reckon. Hats off to Easts, St. George and Souths for sticking with their traditional jumpers.

What the hell is a 'footy' jumper?

Anyone recall the Manly 'Wormalds' jumper of the 80's? Didn't that almost look like a soccer style shirt?

five years? try five minutes. Did anybody else see what Brisbane wore during the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Player

five years? try five minutes. Did anybody else see what Brisbane wore during the weekend.

They were bloody terrible, weren't they Player.

Still on rivalries, some of the more traditional ones in years past would have been Easts V Souths, Souths V St George, Manly V Norths, Manly V Wests, (Silvertails V Fibros wars were great veiwing in the 70's & 80's, right Briedis) Parramatta V Penrith, St George V Cronulla, Parramatta V Manly, Parramatta V St George, Wests V Canterbury, Parramatta V Canterbury, Souths V Newtown.

Who would have Balmains traditional grudge match been against, I can't think of anyone, apart from maybe Canterbury.

Originally posted by The Hippie

They were bloody terrible, weren't they Player.

Still on rivalries, some of the more traditional ones in years past would have been Easts V Souths, Souths V St George, Manly V Norths, Manly V Wests, (Silvertails V Fibros wars were great veiwing in the 70's & 80's, right Briedis) Parramatta V Penrith, St George V Cronulla, Parramatta V Manly, Parramatta V St George, Wests V Canterbury, Parramatta V Canterbury, Souths V Newtown.

Who would have Balmains traditional grudge match been against, I can't think of anyone, apart from maybe Canterbury.

Yeah, Manly and Wests had some very tough contests in the early 80's. The year Ribot crossed from Wests was a beauty, plenty of sting in the games that year.

You know that whole Manly "Silvertails" stuff was actually started by Roy Masters when he was coach at Wests after he was getting the ****s that so many of his players left and went to play for Manly. The other myth is that many of the Wests guys got heaps more cash at Manly, mostly it was the location that attracted players. Put it this way, where would you prefer to live Curl Curl or Lidcombe? ;)

For me, there is only one rivalry - Manly vs. Parra. I can't remember any beer ads with any other rivalries either! I don't think many Manly people really gave much thought to games against Norths, I think that was more a Norths thing.

Briedis, the point I was making was because it didn't have a buttoned collar, the Manly jersey of the 80's would have been looked on by some RL Neanderthals as a soccer shirt, especially here in Britain.

Originally posted by bulltige
Briedis, the point I was making was because it didn't have a buttoned collar, the Manly jersey of the 80's would have been looked on by some RL Neanderthals as a soccer shirt, especially here in Britain.

Buttoned collar?

It's been a long, long time since league jumpers had buttons on them over here. They were phased out by the mid-70s. Manly had a lace up neck in the early 70's and most other just had the V-neck. I think Canterbury lept a button-neck jumper into the mid-70's.

Buttoned collar?

It's been a long, long time since league jumpers had buttons on them over here. They were phased out by the mid-70s. Manly had a lace up neck in the early 70's and most other just had the V-neck. I think Canterbury lept a button-neck jumper into the mid-70's.

The Bulldogs never got rid of their button collar, Easts have always had a collar. Only Brisbane are without a button collar. V-necks (The proper term) were all the rage in the late 70's and 80's. By the early 90's collars were making a comeback.

The Bulldogs never got rid of their button collar, Easts have always had a collar. Only Brisbane are without a button collar. V-necks (The proper term) were all the rage in the late 70's and 80's. By the early 90's collars were making a comeback.

My mate has four Easts jumpers from the last 20 years and none of them have a buttoned collar....

I have several authentic NRL and NSWRL jerseys. The four newest that I've bought in the last two years - Wests Tigers 2000, Newcastle 2001, St George 2001(alternative blood & bandages design) and North Queensland's 2002. All four have a button collar.

I once saw an Easts replica top (Not an authentic) which had a v-neck. Easts have never had a v-neck, they have always had collars.

I have several authentic NRL and NSWRL jerseys. The four newest that I've bought in the last two years - Wests Tigers 2000, Newcastle 2001, St George 2001(alternative blood & bandages design) and North Queensland's 2002. All four have a button collar.

I once saw an Easts replica top (Not an authentic) which had a v-neck. Easts have never had a v-neck, they have always had collars.

Well, I can't argue with that "fact" now can I ... :rolleyes:

You can have a collar without buttons you know....

Well, I can't argue with that "fact" now can I ... :rolleyes:

You can have a collar without buttons you know....

Well, all I can say is, all my collars have buttons.

Sports collars don't have buttons, but they are really v-necks with a bit of material to make em look like collars. They were quite popular with British RL clubs.

BTW, isn't the 1968 Manly collar a lace-up style?
;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Parra jerseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back