Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

He should go for this, the hip drop with both arms pinned is seriously dangerous, it doesn't look like the sling tackles that normally get penalised but it's just as dangerous and unnecessary. If you pin a guy's arms and bring them down hard and fast like that, a concussion is a likely outcome. I don't think it matters what Danger was actually trying to do here, the tackler has a duty of care not to injure their opponent through an unnecessary second action, which I think the hip drop qualifies for. He didn't have to flick his legs out in front of him and should have tried to keep his feet.

Dangerfield, like his former compatriots in GAJ and Joel Selwood will get off on the “Good bloke” defence. 1 rule for some, other rules for others.

Dangerfield, like his former compatriots in GAJ and Joel Selwood will get off on the “Good bloke” defence. 1 rule for some, other rules for others.
Selwood once got a month for doing football a service and whacking well known campaigner Brent Guerra.
Should have been given a pardon for that good deed.

He should go for this, the hip drop with both arms pinned is seriously dangerous, it doesn't look like the sling tackles that normally get penalised but it's just as dangerous and unnecessary. If you pin a guy's arms and bring them down hard and fast like that, a concussion is a likely outcome. I don't think it matters what Danger was actually trying to do here, the tackler has a duty of care not to injure their opponent through an unnecessary second action, which I think the hip drop qualifies for. He didn't have to flick his legs out in front of him and should have tried to keep his feet.

You've never actually tackled somebody at speed before have you?

Can guarantee if he was in brownlow form he they would have found a way for this to be a fine

He seemed to take all reasonable actions outside of letting Walsh go to protect the guy getting tackled
Yeah maybe if he player for Carlton, he (Danger) tackled Kreuzer in 2017 and copped a week and lost the Brownlow by less than 3 votes

https://www.afl.com.au/news/145957

Last edited:
Selwood once got a month for doing football a service and whacking well known campaigner Brent Guerra.
Should have been given a pardon for that good deed.
There was no footage of that incident and they gave him a month, so the other poster knows FA about Geelong and the match review panel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong must've had a win and Dangerfield BoG again.

But in all seriousness maybe give netball.com.au a visit and see if it's more up your alley.

Once again we are left wondering if Danger is out to hurt players in a manner that is unsportsmanlike.

His tackle on Walsh was pretty “agricultural “ and completely unnecessary in its execution.

Pinning a player’s arms and using his legs as pendulum to slam a player into the turf was overtly dangerous and showed no duty of care.

History shows that he intends to hurt players to assert his dominance and he has been involved in too many incidents that result in injury or suspension to be coincidental.

Then there is the secondary issue of his atrocious kicking skills.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is protected, as is D Moore, who accidentally on purpose threw his knee into Petracca's ribs as the 3rd man up. I encourage everyone to watch that incident again and make up their own mind. Disgraceful the media have not had the guts to question it. Barely got a fingernail to the ball, was a mile away from the contest, but felt the need to extend his leg out in some sort of aerial ballet manoeuvre, directing his full momemtum into Trac's rib cage, for what exactly? As he surely wasn't going for the mark. To protect himself then? Spare me.

At the very least it was extremely unsportsman like, but his reaction afterwards - exiting the scene of the crime like a guilty child - tells me otherwise.

Last edited:
Or he could have tackled and shown a duty of care like most players do.
Or he could’ve just ‘pirouetted’ out of the way to avoid any consequences at all.

Dangerfield has laid 1228 tackles in his career at an average of 3.77 per game.

It sounds like you’re insinuating that he doesn’t know how to tackle correctly based on that one instance on Friday.

Last edited:
Or he could’ve just ‘pirouetted’ out of the way to avoid any consequences at all.

It sounds like you’re insinuating that he doesn’t know how to tackle correctly based on that one instance on Friday.

He knows how to tackle, he was tackling to hurt his opponent!

He gets away with a lot of stuff that has thuggery written all over it.

In fact the more I think about it he is Geelong’s Maynard!

Except Maynard is a good kick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh he knows alright, but can't help himself but try to injure the other player. Would have been the type to pinch his younger siblings with his best angelic face.

That’s not the point, the point is he is not looked after and never has been
So why did you bring Brownlow voting into it? You could have just said IMHO he was unfairly suspended for the Kreuzer incident in 2017. But then he didn't even get looked at for knocking out Vlastuin in 2020. So... swings, roundabouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back