Gozz

All Australian
Dec 9, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Blackwood FC and Sturt FC
Paul Cahill is a Sturt player from SANFL and is an absolute gun. Plays at CHF and is an amazing athlete with great hands. Dominated for SA against Tasmania and although he is not very well known I can guarantee he will be a bargain pickup. Especially for a team like Carlton who are in dire need of a CHF. Still pretty thin but he has been hitting the weights hard recently and is starting to fill out. He is very similar to Buddy Franklin in playing style but sadly that includes his kicking as he usually kicks scores like 6 goals 6 behinds. Watch out for him in SA's state matches.

Mark my words, if Cahill is drafted he will be a gun.

And by the way SA state team is dud and Vic Metro and Country will roll them.

Man no joke this guy is a gun. I played against him in the School KO competition and he absolutely dominated in the ruck and kicked 9.4 and took 20 marks or something. He has an absolutely huge vertical leap and I hope he gets drafted.

He also won the Macullum medal which is the U17 SANFL Brownlow even though he played about 5 games for U19.

He kicked 7 in State U18 trial match as well. And got 3rd Best in the State U18 match against Tassie.

just wondering how he compares with Lewis Johnston from North Adelaide and those that have seen them rate as the better forward.

just wondering how he compares with Lewis Johnston from North Adelaide and who those that have seen then rate as the better forward.
Johnston would probably kick more goals, however Cahill is far superior around the ground. Both are guns but Cahill has the edge, since they both played u17 last year and Cahill won the MaCallum medal. Cahill beats him in the athletics department, but Johnston would have a better football nous.

Johnston would probably kick more goals, however Cahill is far superior around the ground. Both are guns but Cahill has the edge, since they both played u17 last year and Cahill won the MaCallum medal. Cahill beats him in the athletics department, but Johnston would have a better football nous.
I have seen a lot of Paul Cahill, last year i thought he'd be a certaintity to get drafted, this year im a little more apprhensive just dont know if he's up to it, last year he was a big kid playing against a lot of smaller kids, unbelievable hands but can be to selfish at times for my liking.

Im going to stick my neck out here and say Lewis Johnston will be the best player out of this years state team, just a typical modern day footballer, great size, great skills, ATHLETIC much more so than Cahill. Could be anything i think on potential i believe, kicking goals isnt everything, Michael Wundke kicked 99 goals in a 17s season and didnt get drafted until later.

Also remember in this Johnston is bottom aged as well.

Man no joke this guy is a gun. I played against him in the School KO competition and he absolutely dominated in the ruck and kicked 9.4 and took 20 marks or something. He has an absolutely huge vertical leap and I hope he gets drafted.

He also won the Macullum medal which is the U17 SANFL Brownlow even though he played about 5 games for U19.

He kicked 7 in State U18 trial match as well. And got 3rd Best in the State U18 match against Tassie.
so he shouldve that day he was playing against no opposition from schools with no great footballers really.

Cahill got 3rd best against WA. I went and saw the last quarter at AAMI stadium before the Port - Carlton match and he played very well. Nearly a certainty to get drafted now.

Cahill got 3rd best against WA. I went and saw the last quarter at AAMI stadium before the Port - Carlton match and he played very well. Nearly a certainty to get drafted now.

The last was his worst. His 1st half was very good. Sadly he kicked about 1gl 5pts for the game, with most of the pts coming from set shots. A 4 gl haul would have been nice for the marks he took early on. Looks a prospect.

His contested marking has been a feature so far in the carnival for mine. He, along with Lewis Johnston have been the focal points for S.A. thus far and have really worked well together.

Cahill's leap is fantastic and a key attribute to the way he plays. Needs to work a bit harder defensively and I have noticed from the sidelines some negative body language when he misses a goal which he needs to improve.

Certainly a likely type heading forward though so look out for his name down the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do ya think he will last to wce maybe 3rds round pick? or will he go much sooner?
Should be able to get him at that stage as he has been relatively unknown until the last couple of weeks. And yeah Cahill took about 10 marks in the 1st half according to one of my mates but was quiet in the second. And Johnston from North also ripped up.

Im going to stick my neck out here and say Lewis Johnston will be the best player out of this years state team, just a typical modern day footballer, great size, great skills, ATHLETIC much more so than Cahill.
Is this some kind of joke. Cahill is the greatest athlete in the entire SA team and Johnston is more bulk than athleticism...

...But Johnston is still a gun

do ya think he will last to wce maybe 3rds round pick? or will he go much sooner?
It would be great to get him around then but he is likely to go 2nd round if his form continues throughout the state U18 championships. I watched him against Tas and yes he does remind me of Buddy Franklin, even in appearance.

he ran 15.5 in a beep test once.

How long ago was that test done? I mean if that is the case he could be an adam goodes type player running a muck all over the park.

From what those that have seen Lewis Johnston, do you rate him as a late 1st round pick or later? Also from all reports it seems like Johnston could be a real 'under the rader' gun forward. Thanks for the feedback guys.

hahaha that is quality DWR. Don't talk up your mates, it just inflates their ego and leads to them playing poorer football.

"The moment you start telling yourself how good you are is the moment you stop trying"
Yeh its off an add, but its a good quote

From what those that have seen Lewis Johnston, do you rate him as a late 1st round pick or later? Also from all reports it seems like Johnston could be a real 'under the rader' gun forward. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Yes Johnston certainly will be an under the radar gun forward however probably not a first round pick. Certain 2nd round though.

I think people (including me) need to remember this thread is about Paul Cahill, not Lewis Johnston.

Cahill got concussed on the weekend against the State u 20 in a practice match. However he appears to be alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Cahill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back