2nds Peel Thunder 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Was he played wing or back against wce ?

Both from what I saw. He dominates when on the wing in terms of finding the ball, even last year as a 19yo in his first season of men's footy and off a very limited preseason. Playing half back both develops his contested and defensive game but also gives us back up for Clark, Ryan or Young. I see him as a winger long term though.

Don’t reckon we need to worry too much about Worner. If Richmond come hard and offer a large contract then good for them. He can remain on our rookie list if this article below is the latest for a further 2 years:

We can do essentially what we have done with Schultz.

I would like to see him tidy up his disposal. This is improving in the past few weeks so he is putting a good amount of time into this.

Out of contract at the end of the year. I have heard that Richmond is paying a lot of attention to his development and performance.
Should play on the wing tbh.
Aish can play inside/half back. Worner loves to run and has great kicking. Can’t see why that won’t be the case soon

Don’t reckon we need to worry too much about Worner. If Richmond come hard and offer a large contract then good for them. He can remain on our rookie list if this article below is the latest for a further 2 years:

I would like to see him tidy up his disposal. This is improving in the past few weeks so he is putting a good amount of time into this.
Pretty sure that was a rule for 2022 only due to the list cuts in the prior year

would be very handy if its around this year though

Also if Richmond actually do want Worner then he is a free agent to them, there is a little known rule that a rookie player can leave as a free agent to another club if they are not offered a senior list position at their club, we tried to do it with Mihocek a few years ago (We can stop this rule by offering Worner a primary list contract but we may not be in a list position to do that)

Yeah they have been playing him in the centre bounce, I assume to build his contested side which is really lacking. Hope it works and he realises the contest isn't too scary and hunts the ball a bit more.
With the size of midfielders today, I don't blame him for being scared. I always see him getting crunched so his body must cop a bit.

We can but Schultz was best 22 and Worner hasn't played an AFL game.

What we can do is the same but keeping Schultz would've been considered very important comparatively.

What’s the limit on finals players again? 12?

If all of Ras, Johnson, Brodie and Treacy qualify the team is going to be bonkers heading into finals with those guys having AFL games under their belt

Ras, Brodie, Johnson, Treacy, Hamling, Henry, Kuek, Emmet, Sturt, Wilson, Worner, Colyer?

Some very good Freo Peel players that will miss out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all of Ras, Johnson, Brodie and Treacy qualify the team is going to be bonkers heading into finals with those guys having AFL games under their belt

Ras, Brodie, Johnson, Treacy, Hamling, Henry, Kuek, Emmet, Sturt, Wilson, Worner, Colyer?

I’d like to think we won’t see too much of Ras, Johnson or Treacy at peel again in future.

Gotta play 5 in the back end of the season so it's likely a few of those miss eligibility

If we have a full compliment of players available due to a low injury list then yes it will be bonkers.

Why are there no WAFL games this weekend? Only 6 completed and we’re up to 10 in AFL. Why did they start so late this year? Cr@99y competition. That’s 4 rounds our kids get no game time so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And they had scratchies for most of the early rounds too. Our ressies players were still getting games.

Why are there no WAFL games this weekend? Only 6 completed and we’re up to 10 in AFL. Why did they start so late this year? Cr@99y competition. That’s 4 rounds our kids get no game time so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
it was a bye round for the state game, our youngsters will play during freos bye round to make up for it

we had WAFL scratch matches for the whole start of the season so they were still playing footy

Better than starting it earlier and having no games during the AFL finals series

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back