2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

People don't understand that at AFL level it's about the role you play.

Erasmus is on ball or bust. Him getting BOG at peel means absoloutly nothing for a wing role. His skills aren't good enough at AFL level to play on the wing. We are yet to see if they are even good enough to play on the inside. When he has been given his few chances at AFL level he has been far worse than Omeara, and that is terrible.

The worst part about the people so desperate for Erasmus in, is most of them probably didn't even watch his game, just judging off stats.

Paddy Dow got BOG every week in the VFL and got deslisted by Carlton despite being a high draft pick. Plenty of WAFL insode mids have won the association best and fairest but have never even been close to getting drafted.

Slowish inside mids with poor kicking ability need to be special to get a game in a side that's contending. Jaeger is lucky to be getting a gig for sure, but at the end of the day he has a better kick than Erasmus. Johnsons pace and skills are much better suited to the wing than Erasmus, and even he has struggled this season out there.

Guys like Tom Mitchell and Wines were good enough to win brownlows when given their role full time, but the game has even gone past them despite them both being prime age (yes I know titch still gets a gig but he is subbed out or rested regularly despite how good he has proven to be).

It sucks but we simply have to bide our time with Erasmus until he pushes Fyfe out. If he forces a trade to another club in the mean time it's is what it is.

Erasmus played wing v Sydney away last year and had his best game. He could only get better if given the opportunity. I simply don't believe it's purely inside mid or bust

I think our midfield lacks pace, so it makes it hard to include him as well. People want him to bulk up. I want him to get some of his pace back.
He has never had elite speed. He has elite endurance. He showed that well on the weekend. Great spread and run to space to be a link up player. So he is a point of difference to Fyfe and Brodie who both aren’t particularly great in terms of endurance. Brodie in particular, has very poor endurance.

He endurance is better than Matthew Johnson. He isn’t as good in confined spaces like MJ, who at times reminds me of Mundy being able to find time and space and shrug off tackles. MJ fits in better currently with the current midfield set-up.

Erasmus has really improved his disposal around the ground including i50. His game on Sat was a step forward for mine.

He still needs to improve his speed on decision making, both in terms of flicking out the quick handball and also when marking at half back or centre midfield and playing on more quickly.

That was also a step forward on the weekend.

The last piece in the puzzle is now to nail some goals. Kicked 1-4 last week and 0-1 this week. He took a good mark i50 but missed the 30metre set shot.

I think he could be an option for half forward mixed with some stints in the midfield. They would want him to be a bit more dangerous in the front half so he needs to nail these goals.

He has never had elite speed. He has elite endurance. He showed that well on the weekend. Great spread and run to space to be a link up player. So he is a point of difference to Fyfe and Brodie who both aren’t particularly great in terms of endurance. Brodie in particular, has very poor endurance.

He endurance is better than Matthew Johnson. He isn’t as good in confined spaces like MJ, who at times reminds me of Mundy being able to find time and space and shrug off tackles. MJ fits in better currently with the current midfield set-up.

Erasmus has really improved his disposal around the ground including i50. His game on Sat was a step forward for mine.

He still needs to improve his speed on decision making, both in terms of flicking out the quick handball and also when marking at half back or centre midfield and playing on more quickly.

That was also a step forward on the weekend.

The last piece in the puzzle is now to nail some goals. Kicked 1-4 last week and 0-1 this week. He took a good mark i50 but missed the 30metre set shot.

I think he could be an option for half forward mixed with some stints in the midfield. They would want him to be a bit more dangerous in the front half so he needs to nail these goals.
He isn't quick but he had more pace as a junior. He is probably a long way from getting an inside mid gig so they should shape his body for a role we need him for. Endurance would be very useful for the wing. Running up and down the wing to help back and run forward. Similar to Sharp. I don't think Johnson is particularly good on the wing despite all the opportunities he has been given. I think Erasmus could play wing and dropping a bit of bulk and running a bit lighter over the ground would help that.

So he has to keep proving himself while others play poorly at afl level
Im just a dude on a phone but it can’t be good to keep coming in and out of the team. I don’t really see him contributing more than JOM in the same role either tbh and think he’ll get scapegoated pretty quick.

I’d rather he keep the disposal and fast decision making up at Peel until even naysayers think he should come in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back