2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Nat Fyfe isn’t going to be playing WAFL in a regular basis next year guys.

He’s either going to still be in the AFL side or else he’ll retire before the end of the season.
Ex superstars like Fyfe have nothing to gain playing at state league level in their final season - it doesn’t happen.

Anyway I think he will remain in the AFL 22 longer than people think
I agree. I see O'Meara as being able to swallow his pride and play on a regular basis at Peel. I don't see Fyfe being able to do that.
I see Fyfe not travelling basically at all next season .He will be a stay at home player.
The club have to find possies early for Erasmus, and both Fyfe, as good as he has nbeen for us, and O'Meara are on the chopping block.

Pretty sure Peel had less AFL listed players in finals than most weeks during the regular season tbh.

Some of East Perth’s best players in Brayshaw, Crowden, Macreadie, Schumacher and North were formally AFL listed talents not originally from WA in the first place. Then add someone like Medhat who’s a West Perth player originally (and I assume others). Home grown team my arse - Peel probably had more players from their zone playing than East Perth and if not it’s quite close.

And Sturrock and Randall are ex-Peel players who probably had to move to get senior WAFL games.

In the vision in the minute after the final siren goes you see Sturrock laying on his back in the goalsquare with his hands over his face and the 1st player to get to him is Hewitt from Peel.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back