Player Watch Pick #49 (2020) - Ollie Lord

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be looking to offer him as trade bait to get a better hand to go after Lukosius. His perceived future potential and hence market value is probably still there and it may tempt a team like Melb, to offer something of worth for him ie late 2nd would be handy for negotiations.

CLUBS EYE POWER FORWARD

OLLIE Lord is attracting interest from Victorian clubs, amid Port Adelaide's pursuit of Gold Coast forward Jack Lukosius.

Collingwood is in the market for a key forward and has enquired, while Melbourne has held long-term interest in Lord and is also understood to be keeping tabs.

Lord signed a two-year contract extension last December that ties him to the Power until the end of 2026, after Geelong made an advance during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period.

Port Adelaide has assured the 22-year-old he is part of the future of the club and doesn't want to trade him, despite Lukosius requesting a move to the Power.

Veteran key forward Charlie Dixon called time on his 14-season career on Wednesday, while Todd Marshall faces some uncertainty after another concussion ended his season. Lord should get more opportunity at Port Adelaide in 2025, but rivals are keeping an eye on his situation in South Australia. – Josh Gabelich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean if a club is willing to offer a first, I'd take it.

Apart from his fluke game against Harris Andrews, he's never shown to be a reliable forward.

I mean if a club is willing to offer a first, I'd take it.

Apart from his fluke game against Harris Andrews, he's never shown to be a reliable forward.
I couldn’t in good conscience let another club make such a poor decision haha

But yeah, I’d only let him go for a pick better than 20 just by virtue of the fact we need KPPs

If there's plenty of interest in Lord, we should cash in. He's out of contract next year? Who's to say he won't leave then?

If a club comes with a 2nd rounder, I'd take it. I dont see what others see in him. His kicking is worse than most of our best 22 players and thats worrying giving there's not many good ones in our best 22 that can kick a set shot regularly.

If there's plenty of interest in Lord, we should cash in. He's out of contract next year? Who's to say he won't leave then?

If a club comes with a 2nd rounder, I'd take it. I dont see what others see in him. His kicking is worse than most of our best 22 players and thats worrying giving there's not many good ones in our best 22 that can kick a set shot regularly.
not sure, lord is the only tall forward we have with potential.

Lord is an interesting one. Has some mongrel, had an amazing finals campaign but terrible 2024. His kicking has never been good and not super quick or fit. Can’t chop out in the ruck. All that being said, he could turn it on in 2025 with some consistent games and a good run at it.

I’m still for trading him though. If there is a good offer, I’m talking late first rounder territory, then we are better to cash in now rather than watch as he struggles next year and his value plummets to a bag of chips. Ie take the Hartlett, Butcher, Lobbe trades!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #49 (2020) - Ollie Lord

Remove this Banner Ad

Back