Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

5 years max, he's from sa he wasn't going to leave unless we offered him under 500k, way too many years
Yeah I don't understand the thought process. The only way it could make sense if it is a stability thing, where we were able to pay him less overall than multiple deals would've cost, and that long deal despite being less lucrative was more beneficial for Connor for personal Investment reasons, etc?

I mean from our perspective he'll play at Port for as long as he wants, there's no doubt there, so the risk is low I guess, but it's still an unnecessary risk.

The biggest go home risks on our list IMO feel like Bergman, Georgiades, maybe Butters and Visentini. Don't think there's any chance Rozee is ever leaving.

Yeah I don't understand the thought process. The only way it could make sense if it is a stability thing, where we were able to pay him less overall than multiple deals would've cost, and that long deal despite being less lucrative was more beneficial for Connor for personal Investment reasons, etc?

I mean from our perspective he'll play at Port for as long as he wants, there's no doubt there, so the risk is low I guess, but it's still an unnecessary risk.

The biggest go home risks on our list IMO feel like Bergman, Georgiades, maybe Butters and Visentini. Don't think there's any chance Rozee is ever leaving.

Tasmania/afl will throw the kind of money around that would turn Tim Ginever.

Let's not get caught out.

Mitch just signed on for 4! What would that be, 7 years, if he wants to leave after that he’s given us good time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deals aren't what they used to be. These days a club will do long term deals just to structure our payments. At the end of the day, if a player wants to leave, these days it happens, and if a club wants to trade a player it happens. A long term deal like this just means the club has some stake in what happens and it (currently) factors into what kind of deal needs to be done if he does leave. A long term big dollar deal says he's worth a lot to us.

Looks like the Club is doing the 10 days of Christmas announcements thing for contract extensions.
Butters on Monday, Drew on Tuesday, so may be keeping Rozee's to last

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back