Pick 9 plus Campbell Brown for Burgoyne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official: pick 9 & Brown for burgoyne

I posted this elsewhere but probably should've put it here... I don't think you guys quite understand just how good Shaun is.

Once you have Shaun in a Hawks guernsey - you will forget about Brown quick smart (assuming his knee is up to it)

Having said that, Brown + 9 seems fair compensation to me.

Win / Win.

Re: Pick 9 + Campbell Brown for Burgoyne??

I can't believe how many of you think this deal is appropriate or fair. I'm a Swans supporter and I love Browny. What he brings is a really competitive spirit. He's passionate about his club and wears his heart on his sleeve. Sometimes that's worth more than the skills he lacks. He's kind of like the equivalent of Kirk in that sense. Not your best player, but the first player you'd want to play with because of how hard they play and how committed they are. The Hawks supporters who don't mind giving him and Pick 9 away are shitty supporters.

This offers made me really angry and if it goes through I've lost any respect I had for this club and what they represent. :mad:

But consider Hodge and Brown's apparent falling out? Maybe the club simply had to give one up, maybe it wasn't doing the whole all for one mentality any good to have bad blood in the group.. I understand all this anger fully because although I want Campbell I also want to see him be a Hawthorn player for life (then again, I wanted to see that with Hall), but it could be better off for your club, we just don't know how deep it goes

Yeah, I just emailed the club, if this deal goes through I will not renew my membership, I am extremely angered, words cannot describe how angry this rumour makes me. Campbell bleeds ****ing brown and gold.

The fact that Burgoyne is an out-and-out superstar seems to be being forgotten about here. Clarkson, really, REALLY wants him at Hawthorn.

Re: Target - 10,000 Emails to Jeff by COB today

Obviously if these rumours are true then a valid reason must also exist. So maybe hold off on burning down Hawk HQ until all the facts are known?

what are you talking about???

i just said show your support for brownie. It will be too late once he is traded. If you dont want to show support then get bent.

Potential Brown trade only bad because of Gibson and Burgoyne trades

I do not want to trade Brown, I would rather him than Burgoyne at the Hawthorn Football Club, but I feel this trade is only so aggravating because Hawthorn have lured two players from other clubs to Hawthorn, and now we have experienced the heart-break of losing one of your own.

Its a sad dad for the Hawthorn Football Club, and for Campbell Brown, but life goes on......

Tim Clarke was the a "heart and soul of the group" as well and we let him go when he no longer had a position in the team.

I hate it but I understand. The best way to improve as a team is to look ahead and cut early as sad as that is.

Please note I'm not pleased with the trade but I think I understand the club's intention.

Brown is not Tim ****ing Clarke!!! he's an AA ffs. He's easily in our best 22.

WE're being ripped off what ever way you look at it. Clarko and Pelchin's manlove for SB has blinded them to his actual value.

I keep reading that no one is bigger than the club. So neither are Clarko or Pelchen. If they jump off a bridge, do we all have to follow blindly.
I for one think that if this deal goes ahead that Port have screwed us good. Our arse will look like a week old pizza.

Already emailed them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown 'bleeds' Brown and Gold ... he is Hawthorn through and through. Shattered if he is traded and shattered if the playing group had an issue with what he said about Lloyd, stood up for his teammate.

Won't cancel my Gold Membership though ... but would not be happy.

NO Brown bleeds blood like you and me - he won't win us a premiership.

We need a defender, a ruckman and a quality midfielder.

Hodge can more than cover him in defence.

Stop acting like a pack of school girls and have faith the club is doing the right ting

remember trading croad, drafting Dew, they know what they are doing

AFL: "Rhode, sign here, here and... here."
AFL: "Pelchen, sign here, here and... here."

Rhode: "yep... done."
Pelch: "aaaaah hang on, before I do I'll just ring Jeff and ask him to check his email..."

:rolleyes:

Lets just see what happens first shall we? Trust the club :)

Its too late to show support once the deal is done. Secondly I will show my support regardless of whether if effects the outcome.

wont continue my 5 year membership..if we trade brown for a non clubman !!!

and pick 9 to rub it in !!!!!!!!!!!

I asked in another thread, can Brown be made to serve out his contract in the reserves if he refuses to go, just to try and push him along??

Oh I've been here longer than you have. Don't let my new account fool you.

Well then you should know that I don't pass lies off as fact.

Opinions, even mine can be rubbished but if I say that it happened, it happened....and my track record on here proves this. And I am telling you, the potential trading of Campbell Brown was okayed by the leadership group long before trade week started and he has known for some time that this was a possibility. That is a fact.

(This isn't a troll. )

Last week you were all so full of love and confidence for Pelchen.

Maybe now you're finally starting to see what the rest of us have been saying for a long time; Pelchen is too ruthless for his own good. Often can't see the trees from the forest.

I for one do hope this trade goes through, because I really want to hear what Campbell Brown would say in the media about it. He'd have to be super super pissed that he's been offered up.

Browny is a fan favourite but obviously not a coach fav. His problems are height and skill. The best teams have defenders that are tall and can run and kick accurately e.g. St. K and Geelong. Browny doesn't fall into either category. We tried him forward and although he had great forward pressure, he just missed too many shots. Goo has taken over the spot as the small defender due to his superior kicking skills. We love Brown because he has a dip but I'd love Burga in the midfield more. Having said that pick 9 and Brown is a tad too much. If they throw in a pick around 30 then its all square for mine.

Get Young fit and burning down one wing, Burga on the other, Hodge, Mitch, Sewell and Lewy in the guts and watch out.

Let's all take a deep breath people.

Brown is not Tim ****ing Clarke!!! he's an AA ffs. He's easily in our best 22.

WE're being ripped off what ever way you look at it. Clarko and Pelchin's manlove for SB has blinded them to his actual value.
So it's alright to take a AA midfielder off our hands without giving it much consideration?

NO Brown bleeds blood like you and me - he won't win us a premiership.

We need a defender, a ruckman and a quality midfielder.

Hodge can more than cover him in defence.

Stop acting like a pack of school girls and have faith the club is doing the right ting

remember trading croad, drafting Dew, they know what they are doing

exactly

This isn't about a emotion. I get that its a business and players need to be traded. But it's just way overpaying.

Anyone that thinks Browny isn't in a our best 22 is living in the magical land with the magical man. He's a dam good footballer. He's not just some hack that has guts.

He had a bad 2009 but who didn't ? He was still better than Burgoyne in 09.

Of course he is, but you cant expect Port to accept pick nine (no guarantee of even playing a game) and a player outside of your best 22 for their elite midfielder. Make no mistake, you are getting quality in this trade, but you just have to pay a price. If you ask me, if I were Hawthorn i'd do this trade in a second.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back