Pick 9 plus Campbell Brown for Burgoyne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pick 9 + Campbell Brown for Burgoyne??

Just a thought.....
Clarkson has committed to SB but Port want too much, Port had asked for Schoey + 9 which was refused by by Pelchin.
Clarko cant go back on his commitment to SB but he can let the deal fall over by offering Brownie who then refuses the deal at the end of trade week. Port then have to take 9 at the last moment or SB goes in the draft.

I hope I smell a cunning plan

Yep.

Worst case scenario we upgrade to pick 8 :)

ARTICLE: Port Adelaide's Mark Williams driving Campbell Brown deal

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pbell-brown-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1225783738449

POrt Adelaide's Mark Williams driving Campbell Brown deal

* Mark Stevens
* October 07, 2009 12:02PM

BREAKING NEWS: PORT Adelaide coach Mark Williams is desperate for Campbell Brown to be a part of a trade that would send Shaun Burgoyne to Hawthorn.

The Hawks have been haggling with Port Adelaide throughout trade week over which player they will bundle with the No.9 pick in next month’s AFL draft.

The Port coach has gone as far as requesting Brown, Grant Birchall, and the pick No.9 for Burgoyne.

Sources at Hawthorn are adamant that Brown is a long way from leaving the club.

It is understood the move is being driven far more heavily by Williams than the Hawks, who rate Brown as a heart-and-soul player.

There has been a supporter backlash this morning and Hawthorn is well aware of Brown’s status among the fans, meaning Williams love for him may remain unfulfilled.

It is believed Williams faces a hard sell to get Brown to Alberton.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pbell-brown-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1225783738449

Re: Renewing Membership (Brown Fall-Out)

The Club & The Jumper will ALWAYS get my membership money!

I really do hope that we find out there is more to this story behind the scenes if it is true! On face value, it does appear as though we are being r*ped .....

I repeat, Jeff Kennett should have zero say in trade decisions.

If he did you club would be in much more trouble than losing a player.

Just on Heraldsun that Mark Williams in driving the deal and that the hawks see CB as the heart and soul of the club - I am think friday last minute deals :(

Yes. Deep breaths.

Wait for news people - stand by your club, don't kick it because you don't like what you think it might have done.

If this deal goes ahead there is certainly more to it than meets the eye.

have faith that the people who rebuilt our club, and took us to a flag, know what they're doing.

Because they do.

Just on Heraldsun that Mark Williams in driving the deal and that the hawks see CB as the heart and soul of the club - I am think friday last minute deals :(

Pretty much a nothing article.

Probably in relation to the supporter backlash. No real quotes.

Re: ARTICLE: Port Adelaide's Mark Williams driving Campbell Brown deal

gotta love a reasonable (non-SA) article. ITs Mark Williams whos driving it, not our club.

wipe away those tears hawk fans.

laugh at the fact he wanted Brown and Birch and Pick 9, wtf. Burgs, just walk into the ND, and well take you with pick 9

BREAKING NEWS: PORT Adelaide coach Mark Williams is desperate for Campbell Brown to be a part of a trade that would send Shaun Burgoyne to Hawthorn.

The Hawks have been haggling with Port Adelaide throughout trade week over which player they will bundle with the No.9 pick in next month’s AFL draft.

The Port coach has gone as far as requesting Brown, Grant Birchall, and the pick No.9 for Burgoyne.

Sources at Hawthorn are adamant that Brown is a long way from leaving the club.

It is understood the move is being driven far more heavily by Williams than the Hawks, who rate Brown as a heart-and-soul player.

There has been a supporter backlash this morning and Hawthorn is well aware of Brown’s status among the fans, meaning Williams love for him may remain unfulfilled.

It is believed Williams faces a hard sell to get Brown to Alberton.

To be fair though, every leadership group in the AFL would have some say as to how their playing list shapes up for every new season. It is only a recommendation to the match committee but it does tell you that even though the fans love Browny (as do I, I might add) he is possibly not regarded as a necessity by the playing group. We love him for his "line in the sand" antics and the fact that he sacrifices his own safety for the good of the cause every week. And these are traits that every team needs. We have them in spades though, through players like Hodge, Mitchell and Bateman. Aside from the toughness, Brown doesn't really bring a great deal to the table. He is a good/average footballer at best and he is not getting any younger and has not significantly improved over the past couple of seasons. Nor has Burgoyne, I would suggest but the fact is that in terms of footballing talent, we are comparing a Rolls Royce to a Honda Civic. I wonder how may on here will show some contrition when Burgoyne is routinely hitting Franklin and Roughead on the chest half a dozen times a game?

As for the information getting out, I and a few others on here have been sitting on this for a while due to it's delicate nature. It has only been mentioned today to hopefully quell some of the misguided anger directed at Pelchen and Clarkson (the guys that built our 2008 premeirship side). In any event, it is not as if the information has "gotten out," Brown is obviously well aware by now that he was a trade option and we are already half way through trade week. Had this been published earlier than I would suggest it was an issue. Hence, myself and a couple of other held it back.

The reports that Brown was only told he would be traded yesterday are utter crap.

I'll always be a member. I probably would have been a member of the Melbourne Hawks if we merged (too young to vote but my parents voted no) such is my love for our sport and namely our team. Seriously, as a supporter you have no say in how things are run at Hawthorn. However as a MEMBER, you get the right to voice your opinion at the AGM and vote for the board of directors and president. Cancelling your membership is what all the other clubs in the AFL want you to do.

If you're angry, renew your membership and let em know about it. Quitters and deserters belong down at the f**k hole they call Windy Hill.

If you're trying to be smart about it, as I also mentioned I was just passing on what she said. It is a separate issue as to whether it is true or not.

I'm sorry but I was being a smart-arse because your fellow Hawk supporter was being sarcastic in the post I quoted.

What the receptionist has to say has no value at all. Pelican, thats who I would like to hear from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am starting to disbelieve the trade talk, i listened to the adelaide clown alberuuci....who did not provide hard facts....or reference to a source from the hawks....

hawks will be crazy to go through with this given the supporter backlash.... it will tear our club apart and god forbid it does happen, burgoyne will be under too much pressure to perform...

my view....don't trade for him, let him nominate for the NATIONAL draft and pick him up at pick 9

****en Advertiser, what do you expect seriously?

It was probably KG

I am just as angry as many people are on here that Browny looks like he is going to be traded.

BUT this does not mean im not going to renew my membership next year

The CLUB is bigger then the Individual. And always will be.

I will not hurt MY CLUB Financially because of this decision. And i hope 50,000 people agree with me. But by going on threads on here, dont think it will happen.

I will be renewing my membership next year and the year after that, as long as i live.

Good on ya mate, me too.:thumbsu:

I love the players, but I love the club more.

The players I only love because they are a part of the club.

Hawthorn has offered Brown (Doran on SEN said before), the only thing holding back the trade is Brown's willingness/unwillingness to go.

We all love brownie, however this thread is a little hysterical.
Brown's best years are well and truely behind him, with his foot injury and the recent rule changes making him far, far less effective. He doesn't have the speed or height to be a true defender, and with the removal of his ability to chop arms and intimidate behind the ball he is simply becoming an average defensive forward. We have more promising kids on our list to fill this role.
He is no longer an All Australian, nor will he be in the future. While we can't question his endeavour, or his loyalty to the club, the club can not afford to let a single player become bigger than it.

While we might be playing slightly over the odds for Burgoyne, it is only very slightly over. Driven, unfortunately, by a very hard bargainer in Choco. Have faith that the club knows what they are doing.

He is not the first and won't be the last favourite son to be traded from a club.

Forgive the spelling and grammar, iPhone on the bus is not condusive to good posting!

Actually, if some of the tossers who keep calling SEN really do cancel their memberships, maybe there will be room for me to upgrade mine to Gold seating!:D

Bring it on! (Only joking, do the right thing by the club, people.)

Yes. Deep breaths.

Wait for news people - stand by your club, don't kick it because you don't like what you think it might have done.

If this deal goes ahead there is certainly more to it than meets the eye.

have faith that the people who rebuilt our club, and took us to a flag, no what they're doing.

Because they do
Agreed mate great post

Look i can understand the bitterness from our supporters but lets back our great club what ever the out come!:thumbsu:

Re: Target - 10,000 Emails to Jeff by COB today

Should I hold off renewing my reserved seat by the 30th so we can have a look at all these new reserved seats coming up.

Cancelling your membership and emailing Kennett what a pack of knobs!

Mate, don't have a go at supporters for having a go or speaking their feelings. If you want to join a pack of golf clappers, go join the scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back