Pick 9 plus Campbell Brown for Burgoyne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pick 9 + Campbell Brown for Burgoyne??

Which member of the coaching staff at Hawthorn has this obsession with Burgoyne? He is far from an elite midfielder. Plays a decent game every know and then between knee injuries. For Pick 9 and a required defender who would start in any sides starting 18, you would be expecting an elite player. Even if this Burgoyne deal doesn't go through, the integrity of the club has already been compromised. An impression that won't fade quickly...

Let's hold back the lynching mobs with pitchforks until we get the full detail of the trade and announcement from the club.

How much is Carlile rated with Port? 2nd rounder? Brown and pick 9 for Burgoyne and Carlile?
Christ some people post some crap on the boards. Carlile himself is worth a first rounder alone. He is a gorilla fullback who is coming into his own. You already got Gibson you greedy bastard ;)

Now, Brown + 9 for Burgoyne. Sure Shaun wants out of our club, which is fair enough. He hasn't made public why he wants out, but sometimes a change is just the tonic needed for someone. Personally, his brother retiring, some personality clashes (namely with the Cornes family) and not being endorsed as the PAFC captain are reasons I see him leaving. Some of you in your ultimate wisdom are playing Shaun down. Well just 3 years ago he was being compared to Judd's equal. Now that Hawthorn actually has some quality midfielders for him to play with, I'd expect him returning to his AA form.

Don't pretend this situation doesn't just affect the mighty Hawthorn, which so many righteous folk here profess. Burgoyne leaving us leaves a mighty hole in our midfield for his silky skills and match winning ability. There's not too many players in the league that can read the ruck tap straight off the hand and kick a goal within 4 steps of the contest. We have supporters who equally love Junior as you who love Brown.

It's easy to say oh great let's bend over Port Adelaide, we're currently a laughing stock, yet when the tables are turned and Port looks like getting a fair and probably slightly stacked deal, stuff em Burgoyne aint that good. I want what's best for Port Adelaide, not what's best for Hawthorn. If something that is fair and equitable for both sides can be reached, then that's desirable for all involved.

I'd love Campbell at Port. All of a sudden that releases Krakouer and Salopek to move from the backline and Campbell can form a tandem with Jacob Surjan, who is easily the best small lockdown defender in the AFL. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves and quite frankly, it excites me that the two of them "may" play together.

Campbell Brown + pick 9 may be slightly over-paying for Shaun, as I'd have no issue throwing in our second round pick to accommodate Hawthorn, however we're trying to change the accepted culture of our team, which I can see Campbell Brown having an immediate impact.

a receptionist would have no bloody idea lets be honest.... she is a staff member sure, but she is an indirect... eg.. answers phones, transfers calls, general enquiries etc....

she would have no idea what is happening behind the scenes at etihad, or between 2 clubs organising trades

anyone that thinks she would know, is either just hoping or very naive

I'm not suggesting that what she is saying is true or false. I'm just passing on the information that was given to me, that is all.

Look you guys will love Shaun.

Play him in defense, midfield, or forward.

I expect him to make the AA on the Hawks.

i agree!
i couldnt be more excited to see the guy run around in the brown and gold.
have been massive fan of him for a long time.
i dont like giving browny and 9 for him, but i guess to get quality u need to give.
i trust pelchin and clarko know what they r doing, they did just put together a premiership team together a couple years ago.
i cant wait to see our team play for the first time with gibbo and burgs in it and any other new players, hopefully a ruck.

The truth is Campbell Brown is not in our best 22 if we are fit and firing.

Defenders in front of Brown
1. Schoey
2. Gibson
3. Croad
4. ladson
5. guerra
6. Gilham
7. Ellis
8. Brown????????

Forwards picked in front of Brown
1. Rough
2. Frank
3. willow
4. Osborne
5. Rioli
6. Dowler
7. Brown??????

best potential midfield in the comp
1. Burgoyne
2. Hodge
3. Mitchell
4. Young
5. Bateman
6. Sewell
7. Lewis

Group think - sedative

If there is smoke, there is definitely no fire. No fire!
Several reports from several sources should be ingnored.
Blinding accept whatever your club says.
Dont disagree with the "gatekeepers" of the board.
Never show passion.
Never support a favourite player
Accept whatever trades your club makes
Never hold you club accountable
Wait until trades are done, then spend the next season moaning while the player rips it up for another club.
Everything a club reports to the media is the complete and accurate story, they never withhold information. Never doubt it.
Ask for permission from regular bigfooty posters before posting any opinion.
Calm down there is NOTHING to worry about. Everything is PERFECT.
And never, never, never show emotion.
The most important thing is how supporters from other clubs percieve us.
And NEVER EVER email the club.
With Shaun B we cant help but win a flag.
Pelchen is infalliable. Never question his list management.

Man I hate trade week - only winners are the media....

Would be a shame to loose such a hard nut, guess time will tell......

I will be stunned if this deal goes through. It's like something we would have done back in the Connelly days. Must be more to it than is immediately evident.

BS. Burgoyne is a player you build premiership teams around. He is pure quality and can't play any where except as an outside midfielder.

Fixed it for you !

The first sentence is laughable. CB is tough, no doubt at all but make no mistake and be very clear on this; Luke Hodge is the toughest player at Hawthorn.

The second senetence is the single dumbest comment ever made on BigFooty.

A voice of reason, everything you say is true as much as most don't want to admit it. However he isn't anywhere near the top 5 players at our club on skill, but would be in most supporters top 5 favourite players I would imagine.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN just said Brown's management is fighting the trade. Let's hope so.

How about we keep Brown and Pick 9, you keep Burgoyne, we give you Pelchin as long as you promise that we never have to deal with the ****head again.

Yep, we're being stitched up.

We're the laughing stock of trade week for this.

Yep, since were selling our soul, may as well pack up the statue of JK senior, pack up old Graham Arthur in mothballs and send them to anyone that wants them. Surely someone from the club will have to come out soon and confirm that we are being reemed, or not.

Campbell would know straight away that he doesnt want to go to PA. You would prefer to go to Freo for f*&k's sake.

Christ some people post some crap on the boards. Carlile himself is worth a first rounder alone. He is a gorilla fullback who is coming into his own. You already got Gibson you greedy bastard ;)

Now, Brown + 9 for Burgoyne. Sure Shaun wants out of our club, which is fair enough. He hasn't made public why he wants out, but sometimes a change is just the tonic needed for someone. Personally, his brother retiring, some personality clashes (namely with the Cornes family) and not being endorsed as the PAFC captain are reasons I see him leaving. Some of you in your ultimate wisdom are playing Shaun down. Well just 3 years ago he was being compared to Judd's equal. Now that Hawthorn actually has some quality midfielders for him to play with, I'd expect him returning to his AA form.

Don't pretend this situation doesn't just affect the mighty Hawthorn, which so many righteous folk here profess. Burgoyne leaving us leaves a mighty hole in our midfield for his silky skills and match winning ability. There's not too many players in the league that can read the ruck tap straight off the hand and kick a goal within 4 steps of the contest. We have supporters who equally love Junior as you who love Brown.

It's easy to say oh great let's bend over Port Adelaide, we're currently a laughing stock, yet when the tables are turned and Port looks like getting a fair and probably slightly stacked deal, stuff em Burgoyne aint that good. I want what's best for Port Adelaide, not what's best for Hawthorn. If something that is fair and equitable for both sides can be reached, then that's desirable for all involved.

I'd love Campbell at Port. All of a sudden that releases Krakouer and Salopek to move from the backline and Campbell can form a tandem with Jacob Surjan, who is easily the best small lockdown defender in the AFL. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves and quite frankly, it excites me that the two of them "may" play together.

Campbell Brown + pick 9 may be slightly over-paying for Shaun, as I'd have no issue throwing in our second round pick to accommodate Hawthorn, however we're trying to change the accepted culture of our team, which I can see Campbell Brown having an immediate impact.

nice post! agree with what your saying.

I'd rather have Burgoyne than pick#9 and Brown. The circumstances are different, but I bet you're feeling the loss and the anger.

Did you really think you'll get Burgoyne for a bargain? Your club convinced him to walk, you're club will pay market value for him.

I'd much rather you have Burgoyne too. Not a bargain, but not getting bent over and fisted with an elephants leg!

Look you guys will love Shaun.

Play him in defense, midfield, or forward.

I expect him to make the AA on the Hawks.

Would much rather him be playing at Essendon or Melbourne next year after this, rather then Hawthorn.

:( And I told myself I'd come on the forums keeping my cool.

Re: official: pick 9 & Brown for burgoyne

I can see the logic in this. I think we're over-paying but I'm not certain Brown is part of out best 22 anymore.

Just a question...

Would u guys rather lose Brown or Schoenmakers?

I get a feeling, that it would be the next offer if Brown rejects.

ROFL. You are having a laugh.

Next offer is Pick 9 or ND.

and cryptkeeper, your opinons are f*^cking stupid.

If you cant empathise and understand the lack of loyalty being shown here by Pelchen et al then you are missing spirit. Hopefully this carazy idea is myth.

Who in the hell are you? Grow up you moron or piss off. I am perfectly entitled to my opinion. At least it was put forward with some logical thought, some background information and some structure. Empathy to Brown and supporters is only one aspect of this but some of you are carrying on as thought CB is some sort of superstar. He is not and never has been. He is simply a good, honest, tough footballer. Trades are part and parcel of the sport and it is not as though we have put Franklin, Hodge or Mitchell on the table. Campbell Brown is in our 16-25 group of players and is absolutely tradeable.

Oh, and one other thing....I can categorically tell you that Campbell Brown was recommended as a tradeable commodity by his own leadership group. That is a stone cold fact. So vent your annoyance in the right direction. No individual is bigger than the club.

Got it sport?:mad::rolleyes:

The truth is Campbell Brown is not in our best 22 if we are fit and firing.

Defenders in front of Brown
1. Schoey
2. Gibson
3. Croad
4. ladson
5. guerra
6. Gilham
7. Ellis
8. Brown????????

Forwards picked in front of Brown
1. Rough
2. Frank
3. willow
4. Osborne
5. Rioli
6. Dowler
7. Brown??????

best potential midfield in the comp
1. Burgoyne
2. Hodge
3. Mitchell
4. Young
5. Bateman
6. Sewell
7. Lewis

great post mate, the same point i tried to make earlier!

I can see the logic in this. I think we're over-paying but I'm not certain Brown is part of out best 22 anymore.

He didnt help us to a flag last year or anything did he??

He doesnt bleed brown and gold does he?

I dont give a shit what his of field reactions are it just showed how much he cares for other teams mates and sticks up for them in anyway shape or form.

Judge him if you want but you cant deny that he is the heart and soul of hawthorn.

Some over the top reactions on here.

Brown is not the heart and soul of the club. Blokes like Leigh Matthews, John Kennedy and Graham Arthur = heart and soul. Browny is a gutsy player but heart and soul is excessive.

If the players (importantly the leadership group) have been consulted and made a call on Browny, along with the recruiting team, then they are making the best decision to take us to our next premiership.

This whole concept of cancelling memberships is very Richmond like.

Brown 'bleeds' Brown and Gold ... he is Hawthorn through and through. Shattered if he is traded and shattered if the playing group had an issue with what he said about Lloyd, stood up for his teammate.

Won't cancel my Gold Membership though ... but would not be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back