Pick 9 plus Campbell Brown for Burgoyne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pick 9 + Campbell Brown for Burgoyne??

Well at least we can confirm that Hawthorn offered us Brown. If we can't get him and a deal done I'm hopeful we can move on and Shaun opens himself up to the highest bidder to accommodate us for a change.

WTF? Port approached CB with an offer.
Didn't know it was legal to tap up a contracted player?

Re: Target - 10,000 Emails to Jeff by COB today

Just got out of a two hour meeting & the last I heard on the matter was JK explaining that we never offered Brown up as trade bait (but reading b/w the lines PA had approached him).

Then what is with all the ongoing hysteria in here??

What's changed since since JK's chat to SEN? Someone fill me in, please.

WTF? Port approached CB with an offer.
Didn't know it was legal to tap up a contracted player?
You're not allowed to approach a contracted player unless the club the player is contracted to gives you permission.

Pity JGK has denied the trade is going to happen.

Brown is completely gone. Body is stuffed. Similar to Dermott he has smashed his body for a decade and its held together by sticky tape. Wont be in the best 22 by half way through next year, you emotional morons need to use your brains.

Shove off d**kkead. Most of us are just having an open and frank discussion. If youv'e never become emotional when it comes to Hawthorn then you are either a liar or a shithouse supporter!:thumbsdown:

they had permission from the hawks

port and hawks agreed on the trade pending browns acceptance

he said no

all 3 parties must agree

Hi all,
Ok I should be 10soontobe11 but I haven't been on all year due to reasons like what I have been reading, on the speculation of Campbell Brown and the response from many of you. I made a comment at the start of the year and all I got was vitrolic criticism from a few.

I'm no different to all of you, a proud passionate supporter for all of my 53 years and a member of the Hawthorn Football Club for the past 20, last 10 as an interstate one.

First comment; The club is bigger than the individual, yes I would be sadden that if Campbell does go (if at all this is true) but in return we get a quality player to our club. And I will always support the club, and in return if Shaun does play for the hawks I'll be supporting him (in the state I live)

Second comment; nothing has changed for a few of you, the s*** that you throw up to your fellow supporters is disgusting and it's not just on this topic.

Yes I will email Jeff and the club, to give them my full support as I have done for 53 years.

We now move on

sorry you had a bad experience mate, but you shouldn't take any "abuse" headed your way on forums as personal. half the crap on here is simply to stir people up and to get reactions like we've seen today on the campbell brown trade. the other half is ill-informed garbage.

where do i fit in? you tell me.

You're not allowed to approach a contracted player unless the club the player is contracted to gives you permission.

How could that possibly be true? Clubs put enquiries out about players all the time... Every player, whether it is the last year in their contract or not, is contracted to the club until Oct 31st- the final date for list lodgements...

Re: Renewing Membership (Brown Fall-Out)

If 50,000 members all want the player to stay then the club is not bigger than the player. Its not even an argument about the player its about the paying members and their opinon is vital.
right so taking that logic on board, next year when Browny is out of contract and he says 'see ya Hawks I am off to the Gold Coast' the club should bust its balls to keep him on the basis that the members say so?

they had permission from the hawks

port and hawks agreed on the trade pending browns acceptance

he said no

all 3 parties must agree

Thats the way I see it.

This is a road block, but i think this shows club are getting a lot closer to a deal now, then at the start of the week. You would think that they agreed on this, that they will be able to agree on something else.

nothing has been reported by Clarko or Pelchen & until i do see a quote from them then there is nothing to see!

I don't know.. I feel this blue duck is pretty neat.

blue20duck20copy3.jpg

Well at least we can confirm that Hawthorn offered us Brown. If we can't get him and a deal done I'm hopeful we can move on and Shaun opens himself up to the highest bidder to accommodate us for a change.

I agree. If the Hawks can't accommodate, then I'd hope Shaun will accept just a move to Melbourne. It now hinges on how much Shaun is prepared to help Port.

To be honest, if we can't get something satisfactory, I'd get some form of delight seeing Shaun having to play ND Roulette....."How do you like Perth, Shaun?"

Re: Renewing Membership (Brown Fall-Out)

right so taking that logic on board, next year when Browny is out of contract and he says 'see ya Hawks I am off to the Gold Coast' the club should bust its balls to keep him on the basis that the members say so?

Silly analogy, if Brown wants to leave, I doubt many people would want him to stay. Fact is Brown is being offered, and Brown is a favourite son of HFC fans. Different circumstances will elicit different responses/reactions.

I think everyone just needs to chill and see what happens. It's an emotional game.

Quite a relief.

Couldn't believe this would even be entertained. Both Burgers and Brown have played about 150 games, played in one premiership, been second in their club B&Fs once and been AA once. How that results in Burgers = Brown + Pick 9 is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats the way I see it.

This is a road block, but i think this shows club are getting a lot closer to a deal now, then at the start of the week. You would think that they agreed on this, that they will be able to agree on something else.

Not if any player offered by the Hawks refuses the trade. The Hawks don't have their 2nd rounder to pair with 9 anymore. Where to then?

I much as I hate to say t, I'm seeing a last minute Friday- "Take 9, or no deal"

Will Port take 9 and get something or send Shaun to the ND?

I wonder how many Vic clubs are still interested in Shaun that have something that not only Port want, but they can also deliver?

when trent croad was traded to freo for their no1 pick did croad say no to the trade?

How could that possibly be true? Clubs put enquiries out about players all the time... Every player, whether it is the last year in their contract or not, is contracted to the club until Oct 31st- the final date for list lodgements...
It's not rocket science

Campbell Brown contracted to Hawthorn for 2010,
Hawthorn offers Campbell Brown to Port Adelaide as part of Burgoyne trade,
Port Adelaide seeks approval from Hawthorn to contact Campbell Brown,
Hawthorn agrees for Port Adelaide to contact Campbell Brown, &
Port Adelaide contacts Campbell Brown.

That's the process you have to go through across the AFL for all contracted players.

with a club statement about Brown thread will be closed!
http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/85824/default.aspx

Club Statement

2:40 PM Wed 07 October, 2009
CB_246b.jpg
Hawthorn’s Campbell Brown has declined an approach by Port Adelaide to join the South Australian club

Hawthorn’s Campbell Brown has declined an approach by Port Adelaide to join the South Australian club as part of a trade for Power’s Shaun Burgoyne.

Port Adelaide raised their interest in the versatile defender with Brown’s management at Elite Sports Properties, however, Brown expressed his desire to stay at Hawthorn and he re-affirmed his commitment to the Club in talks with Club officials today.

The other issue is how would Campbell Brown be feeling, knowing that the club gave the ok to Port to contact him to bring him across? Would he want to then play for Hawthorn beyond 2010 knowing that they were willing to let him go?

Campbell Brown is a premiership player! He's not going anywhere, especially not Port. I hate them.:D

The other issue is how would Campbell Brown be feeling, knowing that the club gave the ok to Port to contact him to bring him across? Would he want to then play for Hawthorn beyond 2010 knowing that they were willing to let him go?
If he was reading bigfooty or listening to SEN, you'd assume he'd be pumped at all the Cam Brown love and sign for another couple right now.

Might pop down to thank that Receptionist for her inside knowledge.

If he was reading bigfooty or listening to SEN, you'd assume he'd be pumped at all the Cam Brown love and sign for another couple right now.

Yep, but still, as a player you would also want the club to stand by you, not just the supporters and members. Thats why I asked, how would he be feeling right now because of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back