Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

While both Katy & Katandra have had impressive seasons, I would be surprised if those two teams will still be there in the last game of the year. Plenty of experience in Waaia and Strathy still and they know how to get the job done.

Tungamah were disappointing early but can still finish as high as 6th.

Katy probably the surprise packet for me, won a few close games but I wouldn’t have thought they would be 11 & 2 at this stage.

The Medal is wide open as well, Looby kicking 100 would surely land him some votes?

A full strength Katandra will be hard to beat if they can get their best 22 on the park. With that in mind I think the experience of waaia and strathy at the pointy end holds them in good stead.

As far as medal, hard to know. I wouldn't even be surprised if a Coldwell type goes close. Hard but fair in and under mid

Don't think Looby gets near a league medal. Has kicked bags rather than consistent. Crestani kicking 50 from the midfield should see him lead the votes at strathy you'd think

Bit a flashback on Facebook about the legendary Danny Cassett. It said he played at Rennie. Anyone have any recollection of his time there?

What a day for old school football, fires going flat out, huddling under the shelters and the weather being a leveller between sides. Could there be an upset somewhere

I definitely feel like katandra would prefer to meet Katunga on a Dry day.

I also think Picola could beat Waaia today, with picola being a more physical team

I definitely feel like katandra would prefer to meet Katunga on a Dry day.

I also think Picola could beat Waaia today, with picola being a more physical team
3rd last Round and the two games that had top 8 sides playing each other has resulted in 2 draws . Albeit trying conditions

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0f412431195d801f4fa0de9c8f5ab18d.jpg

Old mate from weekly times off the pace

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pdfl to have a bit of green day about it next season ...
A few clubs already signing ‘wake me up when September ends’ some have been a ‘basket case’ all season. As for the league… Don’t think they’ll be in the Basket case catergory but may be a case of ‘good riddance’?

A few clubs already signing ‘wake me up when September ends’ some have been a ‘basket case’ all season. As for the league… Don’t think they’ll be in the Basket case catergory but may be a case of ‘good riddance’?
While there are a couple of clubs fighting to survive Blighty, and Yarroweyah., i take my hat off to them they haven't forfeited this year that I can remember.
I think Blighty had 10 reserves double up against Rovers last week that's unsustainable. its no fault of the club but the demography in the rural sector is not helping, farms are betting bigger and less reliance on labour with new technologies.
I hope that they can find a suitable partner to join with so their players (Football and Netball) still have opportunities if they desire.

While there are a couple of clubs fighting to survive Blighty, and Yarroweyah., i take my hat off to them they haven't forfeited this year that I can remember.
I think Blighty had 10 reserves double up against Rovers last week that's unsustainable. its no fault of the club but the demography in the rural sector is not helping, farms are betting bigger and less reliance on labour with new technologies.
I hope that they can find a suitable partner to join with so their players (Football and Netball) still have opportunities if they desire.
Yes absolutely, both have surprised many with their perseverance and ability to hang on. My previous comment was very tongue in cheek and just going along the green day theme. Nothing sinister

Yarroweyah too close to too many other clubs but also nothing in yarroweyah itself. Makes it hard to get sponsors as competing with Cobram/ barooga so really only gets scraps. Ideally needs to somehow align itself with Cobram as they have excess kids and players who could go out there and get a game instead of sitting out on a rotation system. Keeps everyone playing but cobram get first crack at selection. Can also work out good for Cobram as hoppers seem to have a good base of kids and there's always some quality in amongst who can be potential footballers for Cobram

Hard to believe the season will draw to a close this weekend for those not in finals, it has certainly snuck up on me…
I can’t see the ladder changing to much from here unless Katunga can upset Strathy making them slip to second. Tunga & Picola game decides who goes to 6 but will see them playing each other the following week regardless. Jerilderie to beat Mathoura and claim 8th.

Anyone see it different?

Hard to believe the season will draw to a close this weekend for those not in finals, it has certainly snuck up on me…
I can’t see the ladder changing to much from here unless Katunga can upset Strathy making them slip to second. Tunga & Picola game decides who goes to 6 but will see them playing each other the following week regardless. Jerilderie to beat Mathoura and claim 8th.

Anyone see it different?

Definitely mate crazy how quick the footy season goes, especially with Picola being an early finish.

Pretty spot on, could see Katungs surprise us to be honest the swannies have been playing a good brand of footy this year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back