Player X vs Player Y (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same but having already got Sylvia was thinking

ROK vs Rioli vs Chapman? maybe even Boomer?

Current Forward line is
Franklin, Pav, Sylvia, S.Johnson, Goodes, N.Riewoldt, Darling (T.Lynch, Howe, Richardson)

Franklin and Reiwoldt oviously not playing this week

Thoughts?
I'd eliminate Rioli, just doesn't grab me an his injury potential worries me.
Really it's down to you assessing with you think ROK's current good form will stay vs whether Chappy's current bad form will go...

N. Riewoldt vs Sylvia.
NRoo is set to slide in price big time after the bye sue to his 32 last round. Do people think he is going to turn himself around, or is it maye worthdoing almost a straight swap to Sylvia and cutting my losses. I've been burned by trading out Green to Fyfe about a month a go (Greeen has actually been better than him) so I'm inclined to stick with the "don't trade out premiums" rule, but is NRoo just so hopeless at SC and not likely to stop being so that it's a good trade? Thoughts? :)

I'd eliminate Rioli, just doesn't grab me an his injury potential worries me.
Really it's down to you assessing with you think ROK's current good form will stay vs whether Chappy's current bad form will go...

yeah fair assessment... i think Chappy is looking to turn the corner, and is a bit cheaper too which is a plus.

Just looked now and Geelong have the bye in round 22.
going for the league win and with Stevie J in the fwds could be an issue

although mpp may alleviate....

ROK vs Rioli vs Sylvia?

Those were the three I had to choose from. Was gonna go ROK, even though he's burnt me in the past, but decided that for the sake of 5 points a week I'd be better to go Sylvia and save a wad of cash that will help me upgrade to Pendles and Fisher in the coming weeks.

Already have Franklin, Mitchell, I Smith and looking a suckling still, so thats enough of my beloved Hawks.

Who'd you end up going?

N. Riewoldt vs Sylvia.
NRoo is set to slide in price big time after the bye sue to his 32 last round. Do people think he is going to turn himself around, or is it maye worthdoing almost a straight swap to Sylvia and cutting my losses. I've been burned by trading out Green to Fyfe about a month a go (Greeen has actually been better than him) so I'm inclined to stick with the "don't trade out premiums" rule, but is NRoo just so hopeless at SC and not likely to stop being so that it's a good trade?
Thoughts? :)

Who will have the better long term job security - I.Smith or I.Callinan?
Need a bench player with the possibility of maybe playing on the field once or twice rest of the season and dunno who to go for. Not fussed with missing Smith's price rise but it took him that long to get back in if he gets dropped will the same thing happen?

The other option is Dalhaus but his security may be less than the aformentioned??

Thoughts would be appreciated..

Who will have the better long term job security - I.Smith or I.Callinan?
Need a bench player with the possibility of maybe playing on the field once or twice rest of the season and dunno who to go for. Not fussed with missing Smith's price rise but it took him that long to get back in if he gets dropped will the same thing happen?

The other option is Dalhaus but his security may be less than the aformentioned??

Thoughts would be appreciated..
If Calinan stays injury free, he will play out the year. Hawks have a big injury list but a few are set to return soon, they love Smith down there but he's only covering for injury I would suggest. Not sure about Dalhaus, Bulldogs finals chances are over so they will keep playing the kids.

I'd go Calinan - mature age player, Crows are struggling and he will play every game bar injury.

Which player should I trade out first?

Heppell - Darling - Knights

M: Boyd Judd Ablett Swan Hodge Heppell (Illes, Hibberd, Mzunga & Jacobs B/M)
F: Pavlich ROK Goodes Darling Krakouer Knights Smith (Franklin, Roo & Richardson)

Appreciate any feedback:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which player should I trade out first?

Heppell - Darling - Knights

M: Boyd Judd Ablett Swan Hodge Heppell (Illes, Hibberd, Mzunga & Jacobs B/M)
F: Pavlich ROK Goodes Darling Krakouer Knights Smith (Franklin, Roo & Richardson)

Appreciate any feedback:thumbsu:
Knights & darling then heppell - be wary that Mzungu is probably a late withdrawl too, time to get Sylvia or Fyfe

Those were the three I had to choose from. Was gonna go ROK, even though he's burnt me in the past, but decided that for the sake of 5 points a week I'd be better to go Sylvia and save a wad of cash that will help me upgrade to Pendles and Fisher in the coming weeks.

Already have Franklin, Mitchell, I Smith and looking a suckling still, so thats enough of my beloved Hawks.

Who'd you end up going?

Ended up going with Sylvia in the end with his cheaper price carrying much weight. Bit meh this week but hopefully it turns out.

A little complicated but essentially it boils down to

Lower (vs. GC) vs Higgins (vs. Melbourne)

It would involved playing Lower at D7, moving Deledio to the Mids which would push Pavlich to the Fwds which would move Higgins to the mid bench. Also i'm already playing Higgins in front of N.Roo despite his super ave vs North.

With all of Freo's outs i think Lower could end up with a big score against GC.

Worth the risk?

A little complicated but essentially it boils down to

Lower (vs. GC) vs Higgins (vs. Melbourne)

It would involved playing Lower at D7, moving Deledio to the Mids which would push Pavlich to the Fwds which would move Higgins to the mid bench. Also i'm already playing Higgins in front of N.Roo despite his super ave vs North.

With all of Freo's outs i think Lower could end up with a big score against GC.

Worth the risk?
Personally i'd play N Roo - all 3 will get around 70 - 90 as a given - but the upside of N Roo is much higher, with Montagna back and given a weeks rest it coudl be N Roo's week to finally show some form.
Lower could get given a tagging role on G-Ablett or Riskatele
and Higgins -well he is just a SPUD.

Dpwngrading Sandilands this week. Have Cox, Smith and Jake Spencer... money is not an issue at all.

Thoughts on: Jamar vs Petrie vs Goldstien vs any other player not listed!

MPP is not an issue with Petrie, hw would be coming in purely as my second ruckman

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Are you looking for a new R2? I would consider McEvoy.

Here is one I'm wrestling with,
Vardy v Dahlhaus..
I have the option of playing Petrie in the ruck or forward which means I have the above option for who plays in the other position.
Any ideas? They are both pretty green. Both playing sides that may allow them to get a fair bit of the ball. On one hand rucks are getting rewarded pretty well this season so Vardy could get some extra points due to that. But on the other hand Dahlhaus is a little pocket rocket and may rack up quite a few touches like he did against GC.

Before this round I thought it was obvious, but not so sure now. Looking at a backline upgrade and deciding out of Fisher or Scotland.

Concerns: Fisher was easily tagged out of the game today. Scotland may have picked up an injury. Did anyone watch the game and can provide further about his knee?

Going forward and ignorning the fact the Blues still have a bye to come, who would you pick and why? :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back