Jack-free agent
Hooker-free agent
O'Meara
Prestia
Tom Lynch
Lachie Neale
Whitfield
Ward
With Sidebottom signing Josh Bruce can now move into my top 10 uncontracted.

Not many good players uncontracted this year at this early stage, by years end could be slim pickings with maybe just the Essendon 12 using the get out clause

Ward signed with Giants
Schoefield and Sheppard with Eagles
Rich with lions

Very poor list of free agents now also, pretty much just Hooker the only decent free agent under 30.
Maybe Mayne and Myers next best which shows the lack of quality free agents available

I could imagine the AFLPA using that as justification to lower the age.

Ward signed with Giants
Schoefield and Sheppard with Eagles
Rich with lions

Very poor list of free agents now also, pretty much just Hooker the only decent free agent under 30.
Maybe Mayne and Myers next best which shows the lack of quality free agents available
Lindsay Thomas? I don't like the guy but he's quality

5 years for Rich.

Obviously good to get his signature .

But TBD how do you feel about the five year bit, are you comfortable what that ?
I was a bit surprised at the length of the contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But TBD how do you feel about the five year bit, are you comfortable what that ?

Very happy. A player that the great unwashed have declared "overrated" for so long that he has become underrated. Barring a serious injury, a career best year coming up. Bookmark etc :p

Coming into Free Agency is no doubt when a player has most leverage on negotiations, Rich would have been given similar offers you'd imagine (4+ seems to be the standard for restricted agents)

The contract itself could go either way, in ours or Richs favour, which probably shows it's a good, fair result for both parties. Given our list, it would be front ended which will help manage the salary cap down the track.

Heeney & Jack are almost certainties to stay. I would be very surprised if they left or played for another club.

Parker is already in discussions with the club so I think he is the number 1 priority in terms if ink to paper. He is someone I could see move back to vic if we didnt offer a fair contract/got an offer to good to refuse. Though reckon he will sign.

Mitchell is a player I can see leaving for coin, if he did though, we have midfield depth and would get a good trade out of it.

You would be surprised with Tippett. His new role of a R/F has re-vitalised his career. until 2015, I would have been happy to kick him to the kurb. I reckon with less rotations and a 4 man interchange he will be a handy player. (Not worth the coin he is on though)

I just see N.Smith unfortunately leaving. It is a niggling feeling that I have. I reckon he would be a perfect fit at several if not all the vic clubs. There is nothing we can do either as he is a UFA

We have had eyes on mitchell for a while. I hope we get him will be great help for cripps in the centre.. but need a key forward and defender more lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Players Out of Contract 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back