Players To Trade For

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is just so much sh!t written on these boards from so many idiots that dont have a clue ! but there are alot of infomed people also that makes these threads worth reading.

Im thinking that many of us dont really know who Troy Chaplin is and therefore doubt the decision the club has made to go after him.

This will probably inform most tiger supporters of the player we are likely to get in chaplin.

Couple of points to watch out for
Chaplins reaction & encouragment of the crowd - Wait untill he gets to see a real crowd of yellow and black
end of the clip theres a person that Chaplin Hugs -- Interesting

I'd be happy if Chaplin came across to Tigerland. Hopefully can play the role Kelvin Moore did pre-hip injury, when he was the Tigers' best defender. Really like the way he can take a Cloke, Goddard or Milne - flexibility such a key part of the game these days, with all the rotations.

Starting to warm to the Idea of Chaplin , Didnt think i would but i liked what i seen in the video where he is mic'ed up, really passionate player & could be good for the younger boys in the backline.

FB: GRIMES - CHAPLIN - MORRIS
HB: DEA/HOULI - RANCE - BATCHELOR

Alot of these boys can play both tall & small

we either Draft a CHF or trade for one ... said this before and will say it again possessions dont win games goals do

Surely Dawson Simpson at 206cm could be a cheap option to get to have depth in the ruck.

He would be a guy I would definitely look at. Apparently wants out at Geelong and a chance. Tell him he only has to surpass Angus Graham to be the number two ruckman should have him sign up.

TBH I see him going to the WB

TBH I see him going to the WB

Really? I heard Minson is re-signing with them and with Cordy, Campbell and Roughead would seem a stockpile.

We definitely need a ruckman ready to go. We cannot afford Maric to go down or put him under the stress we did this year. Even with Vickery coming back, we need another ruckman who is ready to go on our list as well as a development one. Angus Graham is a waste of space on our list and shouldn't be even looked at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Geelong v Werribee Preliminary Final .... Majak Daw is a third year rookie at North .... if they do not upgrade him they have to delist him .... well worth looking at IMO
I agree and have mentioned this earlier in this thread.
I also think Ben Warren is worth a look for a rookie list spot, if Roos delist him.

Ben Warren is not good enough. Please. He can't get a game at the Roos and with good reason. Very soft, not urgent enough, slow.

Majak Daw? We need a developing ruck on our list so wouldn't be against it if he was free, but think he is severely overrated. Is getting absolutely pants here against Simpson and Stephenson. Would rather Simpson.

Surely Dawson Simpson at 206cm could be a cheap option to get to have depth in the ruck.

He would be a guy I would definitely look at. Apparently wants out at Geelong and a chance. Tell him he only has to surpass Angus Graham to be the number two ruckman should have him sign up.

I would be very keen to get him

Geelong is the type of team that may actually consider a Graham-Simpson trade and they usually dont ask alot and want to accomodate the player and are fair trading team.

Stephen was just a stop-gap insurance selection from the start, geelong have 3 Quality ruckman on their list in
West,Vardy,Simpson and their insurance is stephenson but also have Hawkins & Lonergan that can pinch hit.

Simpson wont be their #1 ruck as he isnt mobile as the other 2 which can be played at the same time and along with Hawkins is more than enough, They could see Graham as a straight swap that will be content with playing VFl and only guest apearance if 1 goes down. Even then he will have 2 others helping him out.

Massive upgrade for us.

Yep I reckon Simpson would be a good get too, but seriously doubt Geelong would trade him. They've put a lot of work into him with very little return so far. Can't see them allowing that investment to be realised by another club.

With doubts over Vardy, they'd have to keep him.

Yep I reckon Simpson would be a good get too, but seriously doubt Geelong would trade him. They've put a lot of work into him with very little return so far. Can't see them allowing that investment to be realised by another club.

With doubts over Vardy, they'd have to keep him.

Heard he has requested a trade. Hence the interest. Otherwise your right, Geelong would be reluctant.

Geelong is the type of team that may actually consider a Graham-Simpson trade and they usually dont ask alot and want to accomodate the player and are fair trading team.

Stephen was just a stop-gap insurance selection from the start, geelong have 3 Quality ruckman on their list in
West,Vardy,Simpson and their insurance is stephenson but also have Hawkins & Lonergan that can pinch hit.

Simpson wont be their #1 ruck as he isnt mobile as the other 2 which can be played at the same time and along with Hawkins is more than enough, They could see Graham as a straight swap that will be content with playing VFl and only guest apearance if 1 goes down. Even then he will have 2 others helping him out.

Massive upgrade for us.

That would be the biggest coup of all time!

If he has indeed requested a trade do we think he would be happy moving clubs to go from 3rd choice to 2nd?

I have often wondered why he has not been given more game time, because the games I have seen him play I reckon his tap work is very good, just he's not the most mobile. Maybe due to his size. He looks like a giant.

EDIT: yep 206cm
Make it happen Tiges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back