Pods- Love You!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
About time one of my rookies whose name is not Barlow did something. But he just looks so composed.

Will he hold his spot long term though? Keeper or not?:confused:

I Hope so!! He looked a million times better than Hopeless Hawkins... But as thomas_m18 (i think) mentioned in another thread; with Varco, Stokes & co. coming back who can tell what Bomber will decide to do. You'd like to think he'd base his decision on form. Here's hoping.

I think the question of the week will be whether to trade Hitchcock out and Pods or Rockliff in, because he looks like being Relton Roberts with a two week lag.

I'm with you on that one. Pods looks a decent player, and on form you'd think he'd hold his spot in front of Hawkins.

I can't see Hitchcock holding a first team spot for that much longer considering his form.

I Hope so!! He looked a million times better than Hopeless Hawkins... But as thomas_m18 (i think) mentioned in another thread; with Varco, Stokes & co. coming back who can tell what Bomber will decide to do. You'd like to think he'd base his decision on form. Here's hoping.

My dead dog would have done more than Hawkins. Seriously Geelong are lucky the new F/S rules were not in place when Hawkins was drafted! Surely only Stokes would push Pods out, and they are barely competing for the same position anyway.

Didn't Stokes get injured in the VFL anyway?

Anyway, the three-tall forward line worked well for Geelong today, let's hope they don't change it. Pods will be the unluckiest guy in history to get dropped after the last two weeks.

We won't drop Hawkins.

You want to keep the games close? How nice of you. I thought the objective was to play the best players though..and Hawkins would struggle to be in the top 25 let alone 22!

this week...

Out: Peterson

In: iPod

silly trade, but it is up to you. Surely you have another cheap rookie not getting a game. Peterson will continue to get games, and the Hawks have a decent run in the next 3-4 weeks.

silly trade, but it is up to you. Surely you have another cheap rookie not getting a game. Peterson will continue to get games, and the Hawks have a decent run in the next 3-4 weeks.

The only other option is Gumby. But he is more likely to play AFL than Peterson as the hawks have a lot of to come back (Franklin, Sewell, Burgoyne, Shiels and Hooper) just to name a few.

Geelong will NOT drop Hawkins. Nor Mooney. They didn't draft Pods as a replacement, they drafted him as cover for Mooney and an extra option. Geelong have given Hawkins so many chances, they won't drop him for some 28 year old.

Remember, this WAS Port Adelaide. AT Skilled Stadium.

Stokes/Varcoe/Rooke and co coming back soon. They don't play the same position, no, and I understand that. But they do play in the same forward line.

Pods is the 3rd tall. The third tall is dispensable. Couple bad games = VFL. Won't get dropped this week, that would be silly, but soon enough. Hawkins, Mooney, Byrnes and Johnson all get a spot ahead of him. So do the three mentioned above, you'd think.

Dropping Hawkins is comparable to dropping Gumbleton or Travie Cloke. It might seem the right thing, but it just won't happen (you'd think).

And Stokes's injury is 'minor', they say.

You want to keep the games close? How nice of you. I thought the objective was to play the best players though..and Hawkins would struggle to be in the top 25 let alone 22!

Not having a go at you, but the same could be said about Gumbleton...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only other option is Gumby. But he is more likely to play AFL than Peterson as the hawks have a lot of to come back (Franklin, Sewell, Burgoyne, Shiels and Hooper) just to name a few.

Completely up to you. I have got Peterson on my ruck bench, and he is a good cover that is all. Peterson should play up until Skipper is back from injury, and that is not for 6 weeks or so. I'll leave him there and then trade in a better ruckam off the bench if needed.

Hitchcock to PODS?

I'll keep Rockliff and Peterson

Then the next question is who to start? PODS, Rockliff or Peterson

Yes. Pods to start, although Rockliff is tempting.

Was going to post a thread a few days ago. I reckon if Pods plays out the entire season he will finish as one of the top seven forwards on average.

Geelong will NOT drop Hawkins. Nor Mooney. They didn't draft Pods as a replacement, they drafted him as cover for Mooney and an extra option. Geelong have given Hawkins so many chances, they won't drop him for some 28 year old.

Remember, this WAS Port Adelaide. AT Skilled Stadium.

Stokes/Varcoe/Rooke and co coming back soon. They don't play the same position, no, and I understand that. But they do play in the same forward line.

Pods is the 3rd tall. The third tall is dispensable. Couple bad games = VFL. Won't get dropped this week, that would be silly, but soon enough. Hawkins, Mooney, Byrnes and Johnson all get a spot ahead of him. So do the three mentioned above, you'd think.

Dropping Hawkins is comparable to dropping Gumbleton or Travie Cloke. It might seem the right thing, but it just won't happen (you'd think).

And Stokes's injury is 'minor', they say.

Not having a go at you, but the same could be said about Gumbleton...

Yeah, Stokes wasn't going to be back anytime soon anyway. And Gumby has not had the kind of chances that Hawkins has had. However, am with you on Cloke.

IMO I'd like to see Geelong pick PODs for no other reason than he's given his all and proven he deserves the spot. Hawkins has a heap more time to get some experience in the VFL and give PODs his deserved chance. BUT, they have the problem of too much talent with not enough spots! Good for Geelong but not good for SC'ers.

My thinking is at the very least PODs will make me some money in the next few weeks and that's as much as you can ask I guess.

supercoach rule #! - follow your instincts and if you like a player pick them regardless of what anyone says because most of the time it will come back and bite you in the ass.

been talking up pods since december and copped so much s**t. funny thing is everyone who hung s**t on me picked him and i didnt. should be some rule against having players you bag the s**t out of :rolleyes:

Was going to post a thread a few days ago. I reckon if Pods plays out the entire season he will finish as one of the top seven forwards on average.
Hey doesnt really have to play all season to do that, he could be dropped and never play again an still accomplish this feat as he already has an Avg of 97.5. ;)

But in saying that, with guys like Varcoe, Stokes, Motlop, Brown, Ottens and Scarlett set to come back JS may be an issue for him. Thompson, I feel, wouldnt drop the 'future' of the club in Hawkins for a nearlly 29 year old who has 2 seasons in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back