Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DYciyzDVoAASq-d.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article by former ABC Finance Expert and now Business Editor at large for The Australian Alan Kohler comparing Labor's Latest tax grab as Labor's 'Work Choices'....

Either Shorten & Bowen knew the impact of their changes on low income earners ... and didn't care

Or didn't and are trying to clean up their mess.

Not sure which is worse.

There was an alarming discussion on 5aa on Friday morning, with their spot with Christopher Pyne and Anthony Albanese.

Pyne was talking about how those with low incomes would be impaced. Albanese corrected him "low TAXABLE incomes" - meaning that those who earn tax free pensions from the super are not in the same category.

So what Albanese is saying that if you draw your own super in retirement, you should have an indirect tax cost as you should be treated differently.

I have no doubt under a Labor government they will try to tax peoples retirement in super.

WTF I thought advertising was banned since last night, wake up this morning to an email from the local Labor candidate saying vote for me. Pretty pissed I'm on a political party mailing list.

Libs had the robotexts this morning too.

I thought the advertising ban was only for TV

Made the mistake of going early to vote - and queuing for 20 minutes (and the old bat behind me sighing every few seconds). Same booth is deserted now :D

Xenophon sent the wrong electorate's how to vote cards to my booth too :$ No Liberal how to vote cards either.

Worst of all - no democracy sausage at my booth. Just a CFS guy handing out stickers to the bogan kids while Shazza barely shut up for the 20 minute line up before realising she forgot to update her address and had to vote to vote absentee :D

Dana Wortley also wearing purple with no mention of the ALP. Disgraceful.

Ended up putting my money where my mouth is and put in 7.5 hours handing out how to vote cards for Tarzia.

From what I was hearing there's a huge mood to change the government. Will see if it manifests itself in liberal or SA Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back