Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A modicum of balance is only if people agree with you. If it isn't right wing in your opinion it isn't good politics. There is zero balance with you.

Ok - the personal stuff yet again while refusing to address the issue.

We are currently all talking without personal attacks about housing costs and building. But no balance...

I agree with you about construction trades being a strong option. The main downside I think is that one’s body may not be up to it by around 50, although a transfer to a home handyman career or other less demanding options is very possible I think.

I will just add a couple of anecdotal things that come to my mind that relate to the housing crisis.

I was in Japan on holiday a few years back. One hotel I stayed in had a ‘drop in’ bathroom, ie a largely moulded plastic bathroom probably manufactured in a factory in 1 piece and then dropped in and plumbed in on site. It was more than serviceable and a very pragmatic approach. It is the sort of thing that should be considered for low cost housing.

The house next door to me was renovated and extended some 12 or 13 years ago. It has a granny flat. One of the conditions of approval of the plans was that the granny flat cannot be rented as an independent dwelling. Higher density living is supposed to be desirable and this type of condition is bizarre.

After renovation the house next door is a 7 bed, 4 bath, 4 car garage, granny flat dwelling. There has never been more than 4 people living in it since renovation. Often there has only been 2. When people want housing like this solving the housing crisis will be challenging.

I will just add I may have misspoke a little. We may or may not be targeting construction workers In immigration, but either way we apparently are not getting them.

The form fit bathroom is interesting. And a much cheaper option.

The Granny flat thing is ridiculous. What a strange decision. I would be renting it out either way, if we needed the cash flow.

Those types of homes also let you help young couples or singles to live in a nicer area and save. It is not perfect but a brilliant thing to do for a few years.

One of the big questions is can the market tolerate a correction? I don't think baby boomers relying on it for retirement can. But is it needed?

I put it to the forum that the reason there has been very little trade immigration is because the trade unions do not want the sort of result that other skills have when the supply of workers increases - it makes it cheaper to employ people.

They want their members being paid as well as possible and they have enough influence politically to make it happen.

I put it to the forum that the reason there has been very little trade immigration is because the trade unions do not want the sort of result that other skills have when the supply of workers increases - it makes it cheaper to employ people.

They want their members being paid as well as possible and they have enough influence politically to make it happen.
Levels of work for construction trades varies a lot.. I started an apprenticeship in 02 and there was very little of it about and wages for qualified tradesmen was quite poor. But by the 4th year in 06 it had totally swung the other way and there was work everywhere, companies were desperate to get anybody and pay was up like 25%.

I think there was a period around a decade ago it was really bad as well.

I hadn't thought of that angle. It would serve their members though so it doesn't sound like an impossibility. There is also going to be an interesting change in the marketplace as AI does more and more professional services work. Trades will have quite to moat around their servcies.

Levels of work for construction trades varies a lot.. I started an apprenticeship in 02 and there was very little of it about and wages for qualified tradesmen was quite poor. But by the 4th year in 06 it had totally swung the other way and there was work everywhere, companies were desperate to get anybody and pay was up like 25%.

I think there was a period around a decade ago it was really bad as well.

Rates levelled out for a long time and then boomed with Covid. I think they have settled again but at the increased rate.

If I want a good trade I am paying a $120 - $130k salary and provide an opportunity for over time and bonuses based on daily revenue (if they do multiple jobs per week).

So any comment on the judges actions?

Do you think that an admitted rapist of women and children and someone who traffics child pr0n should be sent to a womens prison?
I'm not really one to jump at a headline. Having read the background to this case, it does appear that the judge made the correct decision.

Could be. Although in Tas unions are only really present in the commercial building space. They're almost non existent in the housing sector.

I'm not really one to jump at a headline. Having read the background to this case, it does appear that the judge made the correct decision.

So a admitted rapist of adult women, and child sexual abuser and child pr0n trafficker should have been put in a womens prison?

I take it you must be for prisons to be mixed with full access and mingling? If not, why not?

So a admitted rapist of adult women, and child sexual abuser and child pr0n trafficker should have been put in a womens prison?

I take it you must be for prisons to be mixed with full access and mingling? If not, why not?
Have a read of the judgement. It's far more detailed than just that headline tweet.
But the tl:dr version is that the judge was upholding a judgement from a lower court judge, was following the advice of x3 prison wardens and was also following the Bureau of Prisons guidelines.
It's not as simple as you want it to be.

Have a read of the judgement. It's far more detailed than just that headline tweet.
But the tl:dr version is that the judge was upholding a judgement from a lower court judge, was following the advice of x3 prison wardens and was also following the Bureau of Prisons guidelines.
It's not as simple as you want it to be.

No, the Bureau of prisons was against it.

It really is simple - should a person with a penis who is an admitted rapist of women, young children and violent, be sent to a womens prison?

I have read the judgement and it is a disgrace.

I honestly thought there would be 100% agreement here.

No, the Bureau of prisons was against it.

It really is simple - should a person with a penis who is an admitted rapist of women, young children and violent, be sent to a womens prison?

I have read the judgement and it is a disgrace.

I honestly thought there would be 100% agreement here.
So why would the prison wardens, the people that are actually dealing with this person day to day, make the recommendation to move them to a womens prison? Could it be that they understand what the situation actually is? That they know that this person will almost 100% be r*ped and beaten in a men's prison and that they also understand that this person poses no threat to the women in a women prison, given that after years of medication they are now hormonely a female. That they will be in a high security female prison with some of the worst female offenders. It's not like they're going into a girls boarding school.
Judges need to make decisions on evidence before them, and sending a trans female into a men's prison is just setting them up for torture. And as you've read, it's the wardens of the prison who made the recommendations to move the prisoner. It would be that their experience and understanding OF THIS CASE, that this is the safest and most humane outcome.

So why would the prison wardens, the people that are actually dealing with this person day to day, make the recommendation to move them to a womens prison? Could it be that they understand what the situation actually is? That they know that this person will almost 100% be r*ped and beaten in a men's prison and that they also understand that this person poses no threat to the women in a women prison, given that after years of medication they are now hormonely a female. That they will be in a high security female prison with some of the worst female offenders. It's not like they're going into a girls boarding school.
Judges need to make decisions on evidence before them, and sending a trans female into a men's prison is just setting them up for torture. And as you've read, it's the wardens of the prison who made the recommendations to move the prisoner. It would be that their experience and understanding OF THIS CASE, that this is the safest and most humane outcome.

There are a lot of people who recommended against the move. Could it be that they have understanding of THIS CASE?

Also there is a principle here - males with males and females with females.

There is a severe lack of care for women from the people who made this decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully Media Matters is doing massive layoffs. I hope they go out of business next after paying massive legal fees. Some of the worst examples of media behaviour from either side of politics.

There are a lot of people who recommended against the move. Could it be that they have understanding of THIS CASE?

Also there is a principle here - males with males and females with females.

There is a severe lack of care for women from the people who made this decision.
The case was in 2022 was it not? Is there any evidence since that it was the wrong decision?

Remember the tens of thousands of new IRS employees the Biden admin brought in? I remember being told on here it was a positive as they would be targeting the rich. I mentioned it would end up being the middle class..

There's one where a case involving the mishandling of 1000's of pages of highly confidential government documents, which is a pretty important case, has been delayed indefinitely.
And as there is not only proof from an Obama Presidential Memorandum that confirms "POTUS has sole authority to determine which records are his", ... "used through the Trump and Biden Administrations — confirming the government may have already had originals of the alleged classified documents involved ..."

This revelation cuts a knife through the entire indictment as it proves that many, if not all, of the documents President Trump is accused of unlawfully retaining were and are currently still retained by the Executive Branch and stored on DOD servers.

Further, because of the PITC memo’s aggressive posture that all records the President receives are subject to his control, President Trump had a clear basis for believing he had the authority to possess copies of records stored at the DOD. It would, therefore, be impossible for Trump to have retained records “without authorization” and “willfully” and “knowingly,” as the Jack Smith indictment suggests.

When did Avenatti give a testimony in this trial? He wanted to give a testimony for Trump's defence, and said he spoke to Trump's lawyers.

All that's left in this trial are the final closing arguments by each side that will occur on May 28th (US time), and after that the jury decides.
It was Cohen and not Avenatti.

However, your last effort in quoting a random anonymous twitter entity "empty wheel" as a respected journalist, along with AI manipulated video to present a narrative opposite to the true one, as seen by sworn Court filings by the Computer shop owner that Hunter Biden left his laptops, John Paul Mac Isaac, why should anyone reply to you?

With the collapse of Cohen’s testimony, Merchan is faced with two choices: either a directed verdict of acquittal, or perpetual infamy as the judge who perverted justice for the purpose of political revenge.

His consternation came through in his personal battle with Costello, who is not only capable of further destroying Bragg’s case, but is also a highly competent attorney who, by contrast, shows up the Bragg-Cohen-Merchan slapstick.

Buck up, judge! Or enter history as one of these three stooges.

After being disbarred and convicted as a serial perjurer, Cohen waited for the statute of limitations to run on larceny to admit that he stole as much as $50,000 by pocketing money intended for a contractor.

Liberal commentators acknowledged the fact that Cohen had committed a far more serious offense than the converted misdemeanor against Trump (but was never charged).

And as there is not only proof from an Obama Presidential Memorandum that confirms "POTUS has sole authority to determine which records are his", ... "used through the Trump and Biden Administrations — confirming the government may have already had originals of the alleged classified documents involved ..."

This revelation cuts a knife through the entire indictment as it proves that many, if not all, of the documents President Trump is accused of unlawfully retaining were and are currently still retained by the Executive Branch and stored on DOD servers.

Further, because of the PITC memo’s aggressive posture that all records the President receives are subject to his control, President Trump had a clear basis for believing he had the authority to possess copies of records stored at the DOD. It would, therefore, be impossible for Trump to have retained records “without authorization” and “willfully” and “knowingly,” as the Jack Smith indictment suggests.

And then look at Biden who had classified docs from his time as a senator and VP and had no right to determine they are his. The prosecutor said he would have charged him except that on interview it was clear he was an old man who had lost his mental faculties.

It was Cohen and not Avenatti.

However, your last effort in quoting a random anonymous twitter entity "empty wheel" as a respected journalist, along with AI manipulated video to present a narrative opposite to the true one, as seen by sworn Court filings by the Computer shop owner that Hunter Biden left his laptops, John Paul Mac Isaac, why should anyone reply to you?

With the collapse of Cohen’s testimony, Merchan is faced with two choices: either a directed verdict of acquittal, or perpetual infamy as the judge who perverted justice for the purpose of political revenge.

His consternation came through in his personal battle with Costello, who is not only capable of further destroying Bragg’s case, but is also a highly competent attorney who, by contrast, shows up the Bragg-Cohen-Merchan slapstick.

Buck up, judge! Or enter history as one of these three stooges.

After being disbarred and convicted as a serial perjurer, Cohen waited for the statute of limitations to run on larceny to admit that he stole as much as $50,000 by pocketing money intended for a contractor.

Liberal commentators acknowledged the fact that Cohen had committed a far more serious offense than the converted misdemeanor against Trump (but was never charged).

This is the same Judge who has a daughter working to elect democrat officials and has taken money from key politicians including Kamala (as clients).

And then look at Biden who had classified docs from his time as a senator and VP and had no right to determine they are his. The prosecutor said he would have charged him except that on interview it was clear he was an old man who had lost his mental faculties.
He actually said “an elderly man with a poor memory” so obviously that excuses him 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back