[POLL] - Should Boyle be Dropped???

Should Boyle be Dropped?

• No Way! He is my favorite Player!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He should retain his spot.

• Yes, he needs to find form in the Magoos.

• Yes! He should be in the Box Hill Reserves!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Its surely got to go back to

"Who is available, that is better than him at the moment?"

If there is someone available, for example Thorp...is he in better form and therefore likely to offer better value than Boyle?

Boyle was fine last year, but our forward line doesn't need him this year.

Franklin, Roughhead, Williams, with Rioli and Osborne as crumbers is fine.

Boyle is a good player, but unfortunately can't make our best 22 at present. He is a fine reserve and backup player, but has had enough chances.

We lacked run on Saturday. How do we fix that? By bringing in another runner.

I don't think we neccearily need the player to be a KPP though.... as the earlier poster said, you can drop Dew in there mayby? Hodge? Ozzie?

Lets say we have 4 ins next week - Croad, Crawf, and Taylor....

Outs could easily be Renouf, Tuck and Boyle....Or any other combination..... I don't think the Swap has to be like for like.

why not?? by the sounds of it, he had a good game in the magoos! his doing more than boyle has done since his came back into the side..just give thorpe a go..thorpe or dowler..and as for runners, we need crawford and mcglynn back in..and tuck, it was his first game back..give him another go, everyone on this forum knows his a gun just needs more game time, its better having tuck than clarke to be honest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If my memory serves me correctly Boyle came in for a running player (I stand to be corrected) and ever since I think we've lacked a bit of run. I'd reverse that decision now and bring a running player back in for Tim, push Willow deeper into the F50 and play someone with a greater aerobic capacity than Willow in that half-forward pushing into the midfield role (ie. Crawf would be perfect).

box hill reserves lacks confidence and has kicked 2 goals from his 3 games with only one on the lead the other buddy gifted it to him

Pretty simple.....some defend him, some criticise him. Put you money where your mouth is and lets see what we all think.........
I disagree with your attitude here wallyt. I know you have it in for Tim Boyle and have since day dot. He needs to stay in the team. The fact every forward was double teamed last week wasn't helpful.

Do we need 3 tall targets?

Current setup

Boyle Franklin Osbourne

Rioli Roughhead Williams

With Boyle – Takes 3rd best tall defender.

Without Boyle – 3rd best tall defender probably goes to the bench or Williams. Imo, most clubs best small defender > 3rd best tall defender.

I think once Stokes is ready to come back we can then rotate Rioli, Ozzie and Stokes leaving Williams, who has been playing upfield a bit to continue that role but also play a leading forward role (can play tall) when things aren’t working with Roughy and Franko.

Boyle is only a good decoy if he’s dangerous, and he’ll only be dangerous if we kick the ball to him. The mindset of players would be to kick it to the best option and your most dangerous player. Boyle is well down the pecking order.

So is he getting in the way, or are we being too harsh and is he playing a role which AC has developed for him.

Can he play CHF in a way like Riewoldt does, lead hard out to the wings and present?

If someone had asked me 3 weeks ago who out of our forwards I would rather take a set shot at goal I would have said..
1.Franklin
2.Williams
3.Roughead
4.Boyle

Ask the same question today and you can turn that table upside down. Buddy and Roughy can't find the goal and Willo doesn't seem to want to kick from further than 25m out at the moment.
The downside to Boyle is he just can't get his hands on the ball at the moment. I don't think sending him back to BHH would help... I think he needs to play this Friday night against West Coast where he is certain to get a bit more of the leather. It will do his confidence good and with that, give us another tall in our attack. We have all seen how good Boyle can be and he is very good from a set shot. It will come back.

it's funny that when you are out of form, you are often also out of luck. i took particular note of boyle on saturday at the game, and every time he led up and actually had the ball kicked to him, he was given dreadful delivery. the difference between franklin and roughhead to boyle is that if franklin and roughhead get a poor kick, they are probably adaptable enough to win the ball anyway, whereas tim looks less agile, so if it isn't in a very good spot for him, he can win the contest.

i didn't mind the role he played when he went down back for a short time either.

all in all, i voted yes - drop him back to get some form - but in all honesty, i don't know how good that would be for him anyway.

i like boyle and i think he adds another dimension to our forward line, but i don't think he is being used very well at the moment, so unless clarko specifically instructs the boys to start using him better, they may as well drop him and bring in a roving type to get under franklin's feet - rioli can only do so much, and even he might need a freshen up.

Remove this Banner Ad

[POLL] - Should Boyle be Dropped???

Back