Autopsy Poop v port

Remove this Banner Ad

Mahony feeding a handball Jack to kick from 55 when he only needed to kick 40 was just the sort of thing i can tolerate. I dont expect small forwards to kick 50m, although thats a bonus but to not be confident from there im afraid is career ending for mine. Hash i know, but teams cant afford letting those opportunities slip.

Spicer was quiet but there was a play where he just went past the port player who was leading him to the ball. Those sort of plays are golden.

Our skills were crap and the number of attempted tackles they get the ball out from Vs us having arms pinned is mind boggling.
It wasn’t a 15 m loss. Jack should have kicked it.

Scott gets to some good positions, but either others aren’t working hard enough or he is choosing the wrong options.
I want to like Taylor, but finding it increasingly difficult.
Perez is just puzzling.
The fact McDonald has three more years after this clouds my judgment of him I think.
Problem with Scott is that he is so scared of contact that he gets rid of it like a hot potato instead of making good decisions

Can’t believe after the build up we showed no physicality or real intensity.

So so disappointing.

We are soulless at the moment, and we really stand for nothing.
Im not sure what people expected?

What’s the point of obsessing over someone that we won’t miss anyway.

Other than the odd burst, the calls of JHF being a superstar are very premature.

We would all be calling Wardlaw a bust if he got it 15 times in a performance where we smashed the opposition.

Just back from the game - waited to see the team exit and load the bus. Not many happy faces ; Goldstein was the last player to emerge, just before Clarko (who looked forlorn, but cracked a smile for the photos). Because of covid etc it was the first live game for me for 3 years, and am definitely the wrong person to judge the game because I would have turned up for the Auskickers.

I think the game was never in the balance though the first half was interesting. Port have their act together and are mature. We have a bunch of players attempting party tricks, trying to catch up with our handful of stars.

The positives:
Greenwood shut down the JHF. They seemed to send HF to LDU so he could find the ball.
Goldy
LDU (when he had a hammy - the power/speed was awesome)
JZ
CZ (for the hits and calm)
A couple of smart Spicer moments

Negs:
McKay (though a couple of nice spoils, but a couple of ugly moments)
Scott (has the moves, but only if everyone on the other team gives him time)

Evens :
Lmac . Sooooooo frustrating! Seemed to read the play well but i'm not sure if I saw him kick an orthodox drop-punt today.

I missed a bundle and hate the loss, but it was so good to be back at a game of footy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure what people expected?

What’s the point of obsessing over someone that we won’t miss anyway.

Other than the odd burst, the calls of JHF being a superstar are very premature.

We would all be calling Wardlaw a bust if he got it 15 times in a performance where we smashed the opposition.
Yeah I agree - he can be shut down, and I noticed his frustration today when the tide isn't quite right. He had moments today, but that was it.

giantroo time permitting, can we get a montage of the handballs that missed a target?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Season 5 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

It wasn’t a 15 m loss. Jack should have kicked it.
I couldn't believe that play - of course if Jack calls, then you deliver, but same rules apply - if you call for a blind pass then you should deliver. Mahony did that same thing earlier too, when he was even closer.

I hope to god we are not trying because if we are we are screwed
I don't think effort is the problem, rewiring guys to play a new system takes a while and these guys have had to do that more often than any other club in the last 5 years.. Not having continuity is a killer. Lots of these guys have had 4 (5 if counting patch) head coaches since 2019.

Not even Carlton had that many changes so quick.

It's a mish mash of Brads nucleus with Rhyce and Nobles and Luffys and Rawlings' list building and it shows. Once we stop having to put square pegs in round holes and give Alastair a bit of room to shape the list I'd expect a bit more success.

Going back to Carlton, Melbourne, gws when they were trash it looked like they weren't trying at all but it was just guys losing the system in the heat of battle, and when you do that things go wrong.

At least we're playing the kids though yeah

I am beyond words as where to start. Trying to think of something constructive to say. But can't.

I thought that 16th was around where we'd be this year, but the weekly thrashings would be a thing of the past. That being beaten by half time was gone. That being unable to score would be finished.

We're no better than last year. Which, given the anticipation of improvement, makes this year worse.

An appalling football team - can't think of a worse one over a 4-season stretch.

Our list has so many below standard players that we are pushing shit up hill to compete, yeah we have a few good good players but you can’t expect to win with this dross

Glad we took Perez over rivers
It’s all about development pathways.
I knew of one recruiter who said you would love to play on rivers before he was drafted.

Turns out Melbourne know how to develop players into high quality footballers

giantroo time permitting, can we get a montage of the handballs that missed a target?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just had a fantastic footy flashback, and while quite nonsensical, it might just be bang on. Remember in the good old days, World of Sport and they used to do the handball comp. Surely everybody had decent skills then as they'd be afeared to look bad whenever they got the call from Lou if they couldn't drop a few 10's. I reckon there's a lack of outside pressure now n blokes who can't handball correctly.

I am beyond words as where to start. Trying to think of something constructive to say. But can't.

I thought that 16th was around where we'd be this year, but the weekly thrashings would be a thing of the past. That being beaten by half time was gone. That being unable to score would be finished.

We're no better than last year. Which, given the anticipation of improvement, makes this year worse.

An appalling football team - can't think of a worse one over a 4-season stretch.

We are gonna finish 16th - there are two teams worse than we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Poop v port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back