Porplyzia

Remove this Banner Ad

just maybe

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2005
Other Teams
Adelaide
Love this little nugget. His 1 %ers and second efforts are inspirational.

He may not have explosive pace, but he has great skills, works hard and is a real team player.

Excellent pickup.

The only chink In Porplyzia's armour IMO is that he lacks a smidgeon of pace - only just though.

His courage is second to nobody's and his skills are first class. Has a very good footy brain as well.

He's making it very very difficult for the selectors not to pick him.

I think he can work on his pace and get it up to the acceptable level.

I think his skills are second to none. Did anyone else notice that clean mark at ankle level in the first quarter.

He is a one grab player and thats a HUGE plus. He has clean hands and his disposal by foot is great as well. Add to that his unquestionable courage and you almost have the complete package. With a touch more pace and more experience we have a VERY VERY good player on our hands.

His only stuff up for the day was missing that goal from 20 meters directly in front. His second goal from the forward pocket took some skill.

IMHO, very much worth the pre-season selection. Are we seeing Edwards the second. Both from Westies, both pre-season draft selections, both highly skills, both courageous and both versatile.

macca23 said:
The only chink In Porplyzia's armour IMO is that he lacks a smidgeon of pace - only just though.

His courage is second to nobody's and his skills are first class. Has a very good footy brain as well.

He's making it very very difficult for the selectors not to pick him.

As Bert Newton says " I like the boy".

Well said Macca 23.

Pace an issue but those clean hands and he has courage!!!!!!

Can really be a good find for the crows.

I would like to see him in the middle more and more getting the ball out to wingers etc.

A very, very good game!!!!!:) :) :) :)

Stiffy_18 said:
I think he can work on his pace and get it up to the acceptable level.

I think his skills are second to none. Did anyone else notice that clean mark at ankle level in the first quarter.

He is a one grab player and thats a HUGE plus. He has clean hands and his disposal by foot is great as well. Add to that his unquestionable courage and you almost have the complete package. With a touch more pace and more experience we have a VERY VERY good player on our hands.

His only stuff up for the day was missing that goal from 20 meters directly in front. His second goal from the forward pocket took some skill.

IMHO, very much worth the pre-season selection. Are we seeing Edwards the second. Both from Westies, both pre-season draft selections, both highly skills, both courageous and both versatile.

I'm aboard this train Stiff!!!!!!:) :) :)

Stiffy_18 said:
Some bloke rang up talking about getting on the crows express, I thought it MUST have been you :D

It wasn't me but did he mention the name Mattner!!!

I agree with you about JP though.

He was very, very good today!!!!

I cannot believe how much his body shape has changed from watching him on replays a few years ago. He was a skinny runt then!!!!!
:confused: :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummond said:
And yet Adam Fisher can't? ;) 24 possessions, 5 tackles yesterday. :)
Lets put it this way, If I was to bet my life on a 100 meter sprint between Fisher and Porplyzia, I know I won't be picking Fisher.

Porplyzia is quicker tha Fisher and has a MUCH better disposal by foot and hands.

There is only a certain percentage you can increase your pace by and Porplyzia is not a lost case. He can improve it enough to be comfortable at AFL level. I am not sure Fisher can.

Stiffy_18 said:
Lets put it this way, If I was to bet my life on a 100 meter sprint between Fisher and Porplyzia, I know I won't be picking Fisher.

Porplyzia is quicker tha Fisher and has a MUCH better disposal by foot and hands.

There is only a certain percentage you can increase your pace by and Porplyzia is not a lost case. He can improve it enough to be comfortable at AFL level. I am not sure Fisher can.

I am a huge Fish fan.

He is one of the nicest bloked going around.

He has great character.

But his pace is an issue.

His kicking is also suspect at times.

Unfortunately he probably does not have enough going for him at this level.

If only he had one or two other special things!!!

If he could only improve his kicking he might get there!

has worked his absolute hide off to get reselected after bein dropped off the rookie list the first time hasnt he.

love his hunger for the ball too.

u cant drop this bloke. porps is a champ.

just maybe said:
Porpleesha
thats how you should say it... these vic commentators cant seem to get it right though...

been a fantastic pick up, will end up being a better player than his old school mates Nick Smith and Andrew Mackie who were both first round selections in their draft....

He needs a nickname.
And i have to stop mistaking him for Ladhams:thumbsdown:

PS: I wonder what he did in his hiatus from the crows to develop that build?

Remove this Banner Ad

Porplyzia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back