Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear players players never kick to a player 50 to 60 metres out when winning a centre clearance anymore , tredrea made a living out of getting the ball 55 out and immediately wheeling around to either have a shot hit a team mate

Modern footy is garbage 🗑

Disagree. Players would modify behaviour and focus more on protecting their possession. If anything probably more stoppages.
That’s why they’ve been letting it happen. They don’t want stoppages.

Umpires attended Collingwood training to show players how the new HTB rule will be officiated.

Even by the AFL's standards, how can that be allowed?

I'm sure the opportunity was offered to all clubs and Collingwood were the only ones that accepted.

Are there any interstate based umpires?

I doubt they would have flown to WA given the speed of the decision.

friends telling GIF

I will enjoy on Friday ... the maybe they went to far the other way discussion.

It is not like the AFL don't have recent form with making a decision and then finding themselves walking back or making a different call when similar circumstances present themselves.

Such a media cycle driven organisation. With a small section of media gatekeepers controlling if your issue progresses in the cycle.

Easy way to reduce stoppages.
1. You drop the ball or dispose of it without a legal handball or kick - HTB
2. You are being tackled an your own team comes in as a 'second tackler' to ensure the ball doesn't come out - HTB
3. If you are tackled and make no legitimate attempt (none of this lets pretend to punch the ball into my own chest nonsense) to get the ball out - HTB
4. Between the arcs, last touch out rule
5. One HTB I would change though (and likely hard for the umps to adjudicate properly so unlikely to change), if a player makes an attempt to get rid of the ball, the tackler then holds the ball against the player being initially tackled - HTB against the tackler.

Exclusive: Alastair Clarkson is being investigated by the AFL for using vile language allegedly towards the umpires bench during Saturday's loss to Port Adelaide.
Lol might be the straw. Man cant control himself.

Exclusive: Alastair Clarkson is being investigated by the AFL for using vile language allegedly towards the umpires bench during Saturday's loss to Port Adelaide.
I'm sure the umps leadership will take him out for a coffee to see how they can kiss his arse like scott

Clarkson is in trouble this time. This is part of the penalty handed out for abusing Jimmy Webster when he concussed Jy Simpkin.

Clarkson was also slapped with a two-game ban, which has been suspended until the end of the 2025 season that will be immediately activated if he is again found guilty of conduct unbecoming in that time.

Still has a suspended 2 game suspension hanging over his head.

This will be either a classic AFL “nothing to see here” or a classic AFL “knee jerk” reaction and a 5 week suspension.

This will be interesting to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still has a suspended 2 game suspension hanging over his head.

This will be either a classic AFL “nothing to see here” or a classic AFL “knee jerk” reaction and a 5 week suspension.

This will be interesting to watch.

It's 2 weeks. Open and shut.

It's minor but it's a breach of the conditions of the suspended sentence and the suspension is now in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back