Remove this Banner Ad

BEST:
Port Melbourne: Cotchett Robbins Lawrence Gibson Pratt McMahon
Northern Bullants: Morrell Crow Teague Bentick Fisher Wiggins

GOALS:
Port Melbourne: Harvey 3 Cotchett 2 Lawrence Hazell Perkins Pinwill Rocca
Northern Bullants: Morrell 7 Longmuir 2 Fisher 2 Clarke 2 Teague

Diggers! :p

Ironic that Teaguey and Diggers made the bests against Port, given it's where they would have been playing if we had kept them.

wakeboardandy said:
I'd say McKernan didn't play.. He will be the extra man taken over... J.Smith probably wont come up and McKernan will take his place.

no McKernan played - Ash Watson and Michael Stevens didnt play they flew to perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Sam Dwyer go in your ressies? Hes had a reasonable run lately. Onslaught or anyone?

Probably gonna kill my chance of a reply but Go Bullies(us Carlton supporters dont have much to cheer about. :eek:

Well I'm told Gibbo stood Diggers for a lot of the game, but I've also heard Gibbo was one of Port's best.

If I may quote from VFL Footy:

http://vflfooty.dyndns.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1029#4654

burraburger
Can anyone who was at Port today, tell me why Josh Gibson was taken off in the last term? He was probably our best player and you could see how ********ed off he was when he booted all the water bottles on the bench.

and in relation to who was on Diggers:

burraburger
Perry had him. Morrel is not a quick player but the port defence decided they would play from behind when the ball was dropping short due to the breeze

Rubbish today Port were.

Rocca was rubbish, was played further up the ground and when he was deep struggled, mostly due to poor delivery.

Hamish was pretty average today I thought, the conditions didnt have suit.

Urch played, and his disposal was surprisingly poor. Will be better for the run and got a fair bit of the ball.

Perkins I just do not rate, he isn't smart, his disposal is average and he just doesn't add a whole lot.

Trotter and Pratt were solid.

Baird played his last game for North in Round 6. Slow and dumb and slow.

Harvey is a bloody good kick and is a genuinely good small forward. Shame hes a squib and refuses to chase.

Teague and Morrell killed us. That Irish bloke did too, luckily he can't kick.

On a positive note, saw the last quarter of the reserves and Moran looked a cut above. Dominated the ruck and took some good marks around the ground.

mattyc2422 said:
and in relation to who was on Diggers:

burraburger
Perry had him. Morrel is not a quick player but the port defence decided they would play from behind when the ball was dropping short due to the breeze

Not good signs :(

Perry will make it, but I don't think he will debut this year. Let's hope he can hold everyone of his opponents goalless in the coming weeks. :)

tara said:
How did Sam Dwyer go in your ressies? Hes had a reasonable run lately. Onslaught or anyone?

Probably gonna kill my chance of a reply but Go Bullies(us Carlton supporters dont have much to cheer about. :eek:

Dwyer went ok, but was not amongst the best. The two's one without looking overly impressive. Certainly not the kind of win they had against Coburg. They were about 5 goals up at in the third quarter, but failed to put the Ants away, and scores were level at time-on in the last. Scott McMahon got an absolute heap of the ball, and took a great speccie in the goal-square, although you could argue that he didnt have it long enough for it to be paid.

McMahon, Bonnaddio and Aloi might well be brought in to take on Sandy. We had a few passengers today in the senior game.

Remove this Banner Ad

PORT MELB vs BULLANTS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back