Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:

I couldn't tell between Darcy Tucker and Ethan Hughes for years, they have such generic faces.

They remind me of this:

Ethan Hughes in the middle and Darcy Tucker on the left.

0bykk8c3o6k71.png

Worst results possible this weekend. The only thing we can affect though is our own game and we didn't turn up. No point in getting upset about diabolical umpiring and other results.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Get in the bin, this is the death ride thread!

If Collingwood win this They will rightly say they can win from anywhere. Though Has any one actually pointed out how shit they play to get themselves in these situations in the first place?
Collingwood have the luxury of being ALF royalty and barely have to move their arses out of Victoria to play in this competition. It'd be nice to play rounds 4-10 (minus a bye) squarely at your home venue

Saints also lost, as far as the deathride is concerned we got 3:4 just a pity our pick was one of the 3 and Pies got fellated by the umps.

Collingwood and Port both finished top four, St Kilda inside the eight.

You look at it that way things are actually going pretty well imo. Each team (except if you count us) are lower than they were last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't lose on either the Pies or Port picks if we make finals.

Those aren't related but it's the cost of Schultz in performance being quantified
Not sure I agree with this. Your logic assumes everything else stays constant. There was going to be natural improvement regardless. No Schultz this year could be the difference between top 4 and finishing 9th this year.

Sheesh, if you look at that Collingwood pick it was as 'high' as 11 up to Round 9 and single digits all the way up to before Round 8 (sigh!), but those last 5 rounds since R9, the Pies have come back swinging meaning it's now as 'low' as 16 currently. That's where the 'damage' has been done.

The cruddy "Opening Round" nonsense we had: 2, 8, 12 and 33. I'd take that if we could halt the season now, I know we have 25 off St. Kilda's awful run as it stands - but 33 with those other picks is still not too bad if we were heading solely to the draft. 2, 8 and 12 gives you a chance of 2/3 really good draft hits. Although I'm always reminded Reece Conca was a pick 6.

As it stands (x2) and 11,12,16 and 25, whilst not terrible can't help but feel a bit disappointed or underwhelmed. Not sure I like this Death Riding Game that much anymore.

Time to get bitter!! F*** you Pies and Port, I hope you never win another game again. Saints, as you were... :tearsofjoy:

Sheesh, if you look at that Collingwood pick it was as 'high' as 11 up to Round 9 and single digits all the way up to before Round 8 (sigh!), but those last 5 rounds since R9, the Pies have come back swinging meaning it's now as 'low' as 16 currently. That's where the 'damage' has been done.

The cruddy "Opening Round" nonsense we had: 2, 8, 12 and 33. I'd take that if we could halt the season now, I know we have 25 off St. Kilda's awful run as it stands - but 33 with those other picks is still not too bad if we were heading solely to the draft. 2, 8 and 12 gives you a chance of 2/3 really good draft hits. Although I'm always reminded Reece Conca was a pick 6.

As it stands (x2) and 11,12,16 and 25, whilst not terrible can't help but feel a bit disappointed or underwhelmed. Not sure I like this Death Riding Game that much anymore.

Time to get bitter!! F*** you Pies and Port, I hope you never win another game again. Saints, as you were... :tearsofjoy:
I don’t get it from people. Teams contending like Pies and Port are going to more likely give away a first than teams like NM or WC. It is what it is. Did anyone really think these 2 teams would finish bottom 4 with the lists they have?? We all need to deal with the fact we are getting picks in the teens and not single digits.

I don’t get it from people. Teams contending like Pies and Port are going to more likely give away a first than teams like NM or WC. It is what it is. Did anyone really think these 2 teams would finish bottom 4 with the lists they have?? We all need to deal with the fact we are getting picks in the teens and not single digits.
Yes, I had them penned in for 17th and 18th. Saints in to 16th. Fair to say I am shattered.

It's not quite the same being a second rounder but we're lucky to have seen St Kilda fall away so badly given their finishing position last year. Thought there was enough talent and experience that Ross Lyon could get them playing decent footy at worst - I was wrong so far and am happy about it.

Thought Port could go either way - top four right down to dropping out if the eight completely. So far my uncertainty of where to rate them seems justified.

My logic on Collingwood was they can't finish higher than last year. I would've been reasonably comfortable with any better than pick 18 before the season started.

Don’t forget pies have the bye this week, that ladder position is inflated by playing an extra game.

Edit: all of Bombers, Cats, Giants and Port can overtake them this week, likewise we can overtaken any of those four if they lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back