Port Power not good enough for Collingwood, says Eddie

Remove this Banner Ad

BACCS

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts TheBrownDog
May 10, 2009
I've just heard on radio over here that Eddie Mcguire approached Brett Duncanson (Port president) at last weeks AFL launch, and told him that they won't be unveiling their flag at the game this weekend. It was quite simply because they won't draw a big enough crowd, and they want a blockbuster team, lulz.:D

Port once again showing the little worth they have in AFL circles.:eek:

Second class team

..and a fact that they are the Crow's biggest rival? Soul destroying, surely

Or is it just another example of Eddie being a fat headed arrogant prick?

They decided to unveil it at the Carlton game. Bigger crowd, plus trolling a rival while they are down

Double win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie's a tosser but anyone who disagrees with him on this is clueless. Why the **** would Collingwood unveil the flag against such a pathetic unimportant franchise that will draw shit all fans to the game?

I'll bet you that more will come along and watch us this week than will attend your 20 year game vs the hawks!

I'll bet you that more will come along and watch us this week than will attend your 20 year game vs the hawks!

Way to go out on a limb there chief.

Team your playing has over 60k members, won't need to bring your tarps over for this game.

I've just heard on radio over here that Eddie Mcguire approached Brett Duncanson (Port president) at last weeks AFL launch, and told him that they won't be unveiling their flag at the game this weekend. It was quite simply because they won't draw a big enough crowd, and they want a blockbuster team, lulz.:D

Port once again showing the little worth they have in AFL circles.:eek:

Kind of old news but there was more too it than that. The game was originally scheduled at the MCG and Eddie moved it and wanted it at Etihad to accommodate the fact there will be no Port fans, and then made the decision to unfurl the flag in round 2.

At the MCG it gives all of our members the chance to see it unfurled... unlike Etihad.

Hang on, you forgot Pentridge:p
The fang doctors will be unfurling their flag on the same day.
freedental.jpg

Kind of old news but there was more too it than that. The game was originally scheduled at the MCG and Eddie moved it and wanted it at Etihad to accommodate the fact there will be no Port fans, and then made the decision to unfurl the flag in round 2.

Yes the flag will be presented at a North home game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Power not good enough for Collingwood, says Eddie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back