Autopsy Post Match St Kilda v Carlton Rd 17 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Carltank..

pile_of_shit.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta be happy with that result.

Yes, the Blues are a rabble, but so have we been for a lot of the year and we could have easily allowed the game to bring out the worst in us. But we put our foot on their throats from the first bounce and didn't let up until we'd beaten them comfortably.

Plenty of good performances but special mention to Roma. He reminded a lot of doubters that he is a very talented young tall forward/ruckman who is just going to get better and better. Can't wait to see him after another pre-season. He's definitely a player we can all get excited over.

Pretty dominant performance. Good effort with our injuries, although they were also missing quite a few.

Steven, JB, Savage, Steele were great. Marshall and Membrey were good. Thought Gilbo did a good job on Curnow.

Tackling was great, was a lopsided free kick count in our favour but many of those were HTB decisions that we earnt.

They are arrogant cheats, I could watch St Kilda beat them a million times and still want to keep watching. Would have enjoyed a bigger margin but always good to have a win.

Really liked the look of Roma in the team. Gets on the bike, runs, marks and kicks snags.

Having him in the forward 50 and taking ruck contests allowed us to set up Hickey in our defensive line. It made them
a bit relecutant to kick down the line, so they over possessed the ball which played into our hands.

Also liked the look of Phillips. Runs all day, gets to the right positions and can be an
important chain player. Biggest downside is he has the same kicking action as Clint Jones for similar results (or am I completely off the mark here?). Will be a very handy player when we are a better team.

Big kudos goes to a finally fit David Armitage. I potted him for being cooked (as did about 98% of this board) & he’s come back to his usual selfless battering ram & off ball workhorse. There is no doubting our boys walk taller when he’s throwing himself into contests with complete disregard for his own safety.

Great to have you back Armo ;)

Ahem.....:cool::D

Still he thinks the side is unbalanced. Joking but on the coaches I reckon there has been huge improvement in the last few weeks. I will always wonder what happened. From what I gather richo trusted to many ordinary assistants. Now he does what he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Post Match St Kilda v Carlton Rd 17 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back