Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

hey guys was looking for some feedback and advice on any changes that can be done to better my team. This is pretty much my starting team for now.

Backs: Goddard, gibbs, Deledio, broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppel (Coad, Duguin, Lower)

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Selwood, A.Swalllow, D.Swallow, Harris ( Hibberd, bewick, Irons)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Bailey)

Fwds: Franklin, Sylvia, goodes, Reiwoldt, Knights, Krakour, Richardson (Matera, Darling, Smith)

Still looking for a mpp between fwds and mids any thoughts?

backs- goddard, gibbs, deledio, grimes, heppell, buckley, duigan.
emg: hibberd, watson, lower

mids- swan, pendles, selwood, judd, cotchin, curnow.
emg swallow, harris, liberatore

rucks- sandilands, cox,
emg derickx, smith

fowards- N reiwodlt, buddy, goodes, higgins, yarran, krak, richardson.
emg matera, mckernan, darling

any opinions. 10k left,
still tossing between murphy n judd. deledio concerns me?

No DP mid/fwd link in your midfield???

hey guys was looking for some feedback and advice on any changes that can be done to better my team. This is pretty much my starting team for now.

Backs: Goddard, gibbs, Deledio, broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppel (Coad, Duguin, Lower)

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Selwood, A.Swalllow, D.Swallow, Harris ( Hibberd, bewick, Irons)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Bailey)

Fwds: Franklin, Sylvia, goodes, Reiwoldt, Knights, Krakour, Richardson (Matera, Darling, Smith)

Still looking for a mpp between fwds and mids any thoughts?

For me a DPP between the fwd/mids and then def/mids is a MUST!!

Krakour to the mids instead of A.Swallow??

clipboard01rh.jpg

Feedback much appreciated.

Only team I've seen that only has two premium mids. There is a reason for that

That reason is that most bigfooty teams are simply clones of each other. Rather than being dismissive and make a post that is really completely useless and unnecessary, make a constructive comment that might even be helpful...

I think it's a breath of fresh air to see some originality - SouthSwans team has arguably 14 premiums which is not "low" and has some of the rookies that have the potential to show the most growth price wise.

SouthSwans - I don't agree with a few of your picks - Gilbert has been rumoured to be spending time up forward this season and may see a drop in point scoring.

Dangerfield hasn't shown an ability to score consistently well in DT, though if you pick his breakout year correctly he should improve his average, so I could easily be wrong about him being an avg. selection.

In my reading on BF I'm also led to believe that Polec and I.Smith may be struggling to get into the 22 for round one, so keep an eye on the team sheets and potentially make changes later this week. Irons is probably borderline also, maybe a likely sub?

Cool structure though, good luck.

Stacking the mids with rookies and putting premiums elsewhere is a strategy that has worked in the past. No reason to dismiss it so quickly.

I tried the same idea back a couple of years ago and found it hard to upgrade to premiums due to being unable to generate enough cash.

Job security is even more important this year and if your starting 4 rookies in the mids, you'll be consuming way too many glazed kremes and fall too far behind.

I tried the same idea back a couple of years ago and found it hard to upgrade to premiums due to being unable to generate enough cash.

Job security is even more important this year and if your starting 4 rookies in the mids, you'll be consuming way too many glazed kremes and fall too far behind.
It may not come off but it's a calculated gamble. If it does it could give you a very good chance at winning the whole competition.

It may not come off but it's a calculated gamble. If it does it could give you a very good chance at winning the whole competition.

I think its a good idea to keep your team balanced and look at players who you know will be best 21 week in week out that have potential to increase in value.

Personally I will be looking at a forward like Franklin as an upgrade target compared to a midfielder such as Swan.

I remember Swan dipping in the first couple of rounds last year and then dominating and thinking to myself, thank god I started with him cause there would be no chance of picking him up now!!

clipboard01rh.jpg

Feedback much appreciated.

IMO youre wasting $$$ on gilbert... looks like playing a bit of a forward role this year and he doesnt look great at it. scores will suffer. downgrade to a rookie, put lower on the field and upgrade irons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still having the Petrie/no Petrie argument. Petrie in is winning at the moment. I'm happy with this team but would appreciate some opinions if anyone can suggest anything.

D - Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, lower (Duigan, Stanley, Hibberd)
M - Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Salopek, Foley, Krakouer (Heppell, Harris, Irons)
R - Ryder, Cox (Tippett, McCauley)
F - Frankin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Higgins, Yarran, Knights, Petrie (Richardson, Matera, Darling)

Figure at the first sign of ruck trouble I DP Petrie and have a bench player come in.
What do you think guys?

Appreciate any advice... particularly if Ive stuffed up the DPPs or missed an obvious rookie (been busy past week or so dunno if I missed any injuries or stellar praccy matches)...

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Duigan, Lower)

C: Montagna, Pendlebury, Bartel, A Swallow, Krakouer, Atley (D Swallow, D Harris, M Hibberd)

R: Sandilands, Cox (Keefe, Derickx)

F: Franklin, Sylvia, N Riewoldt, Higgins, Yarran, Knights, Richardson (McKernan, Matera, Darling)

Here is my team. A few things may change after the naming of teams but I'm keen for some feedback.

Backs
Goddard Gibbs Deledio Grimes Myers Otten Lower (Stanley, Duigan, Toy)

Mids
Swan Hayes Rockliff Anthony Palmer Foley (Swallow Harris Prestia)

Rucks
Sandilands Cox (Gorringe, Smith)

Forwards
Franklin S.Johnson N.Riewoldt Knights Petrie Krakouer Richardson
(Gamble, Matera, Tapscott)

Backs Scotland Enright Bruce Grimes Hurley Broadbent Astbury (Stanly Duigan Lower)
Mids
Pendlebury Bartel Stanton Higgins Foley Krakouer. (Heppel Harris Hibberd)
Rucks Cox Jolly (Tippert j. Smith z)
Forwards
Goodes SJ Morton Varcoe Yarren Hale Petrie. (Richardson Prestie Mckernan)

2 TEAMS BOTH EQUALLY DOING MY HEAD IN... IN REGARDS TO WHICH WAY TO GO HERE....

TEAM 1)
BACKS: GODDARD, GIBBS, DELEDIO, BROUGHTON, GRIMES, OTTEN, HEPPELL
(Toy, Duigan, Lower)

MIDS: SWAN, BOYD, BARTEL, FOLEY, SLOLANE, ATLEY
( Harris, Hibbard, Prestia )

RUCKS: SANDILANDS, COX
( Smith, Keefe )

FORWARDS: FRANKLIN, GOODES, RIEWOLDT, HIGGINS, KNIGHTS, PETRIE, KRAKOUER
( Matera, Richardson, Darling )

Remaining $600

TEAM 2
BACKS: GODDARD, GIBBS, DELEDIO, BROUGHTON, GRIMES, OTTEN, HEPPELL
(Toy, Duigan, Lower)

MIDS: SWAN, BOYD, BARTEL, FOLEY, SWALLOW, ATLEY
( Harris, Hibbard, Prestia )

RUCKS: JOLLY, COX
( Smith, Keefe )

FORWARDS: FRANKLIN, GOODES, STEVIE J, RIEWOLDT, HIGGINS, PETRIE, KRAKOUER
( Matera, Richardson, Darling )

Remaining $2300

Team 2 easily. In fact, it's not even a fair fight.

Appreciate any advice... particularly if Ive stuffed up the DPPs or missed an obvious rookie (been busy past week or so dunno if I missed any injuries or stellar praccy matches)...

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Duigan, Lower)

C: Montagna, Pendlebury, Bartel, A Swallow, Krakouer, Atley (D Swallow, D Harris, M Hibberd)

R: Sandilands, Cox (Keefe, Derickx)

F: Franklin, Sylvia, N Riewoldt, Higgins, Yarran, Knights, Richardson (McKernan, Matera, Darling)

Solid team, the forwardline is a bit dangerous though. Higgins and Knights are too injury prone to be in the same forwardline IMO. I'd be looking to downgrade somewhere (maybe Sandilands to Ryder for example) and upgrade Higgins.

I also think Murphy is a better choice than Swallow at that price range, but that's just my hunch.

teambb.jpg

Thoughts?

Relies heavily on Bailey playing early games which I don't think is realistic. I don't go much on the Petrie selection myself, too many headaches involved.

Hi all,

I'm a rugby man and this is my first crack at a DT due to some pressure from mates and they aren't giving me much on my team. Thought I would get on here. Any feedback would be much appreciated as I know my forward line is lacking, so advice is needed about how I can fix that up please.

Backs: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, J.Grimes, R.Murphy, L.McPharlin, E.Wood, A.Otten. (Subs: A.Rance, N.Smith, D.Heppel)

Mids: P.Chapman, S.Pendelbury, C.Judd, B.Stanton, J.Corey, S.Sidebottom (Subs: J.Brennan, P.Dangerfield, D.Prestia)

Rucks: A.Sandilands, D.Cox (Subs: T.Nicholls, T.Derickx)

Forwards: C.Knights, D.Astbury, M.Williams, A.Krakouer, B.Smedts, T.Lynch, J.Butcher (Subs: S.May, B.Matera, J.Darling)

Thanks heaps.

Thoughts on this team

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Duigan
Emg: Stanley, Hibberd, Lower

Mids:
Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Boak, Foley, Swallow
Emg: Heppell, Harris, Atley

Rucks:
Ryder, Cox
Emg: J.Tippett, Z.Smith

Forwards:
Franklin, Sylvia, Goodes, Riewoldnt, Petrie, Krakouer, Prestia
Emg: Tapscott, Matera, Richardson

Hi all,

I'm a rugby man and this is my first crack at a DT due to some pressure from mates and they aren't giving me much on my team. Thought I would get on here. Any feedback would be much appreciated as I know my forward line is lacking, so advice is needed about how I can fix that up please.

Backs: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, J.Grimes, R.Murphy, L.McPharlin, E.Wood, A.Otten. (Subs: A.Rance, N.Smith, D.Heppel)

Mids: P.Chapman, S.Pendelbury, C.Judd, B.Stanton, J.Corey, S.Sidebottom (Subs: J.Brennan, P.Dangerfield, D.Prestia)

Rucks: A.Sandilands, D.Cox (Subs: T.Nicholls, T.Derickx)

Forwards: C.Knights, D.Astbury, M.Williams, A.Krakouer, B.Smedts, T.Lynch, J.Butcher (Subs: S.May, B.Matera, J.Darling)

Thanks heaps.

Fair bit of work ahead of you yet i think.

1. Upgrade R MUrphy in your defense to a better premium because you have 2 dogs in your defense and personally I don't think he represents much value.

2. In your mids take out Chapman and trade for someone like Cross or a player in a similar price range which will free up a little cash. Try to avoid 2 players from the same team in the same area of the ground though there are exceptions to this rule like Harris/ Swallow from Gold Coast.

3. You have too many midfield premiums which is limiting the cash to spend on your forward line. I would downtrade J. Corey and Sidebottom to rookies or players of similar value.

4. If you are sold on J. Brennan or P. Dangerfield then keep one of them but I don't think you can afford to have both. If you do want to keep one then look to downgrade Stanton as well to another rookie.

The reason why I am suggesting you pick midfield rookies is because the majority of the best talent taken in last years draft were midfielders and you want to take advantage of this. Take a look at the rookies that others on here are selecting and it should become pretty obvious as to who you should be considering.

If what I have recommended above is difficult to follow please see the following suggestions.

Pendlebury, Judd, (Cross, Montagna, etc), Stanton, Rookie, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie, Rookie)

or

Pendlebury, Judd, (Cross, Montagna, etc), (Brennan/ Dangerfield), Rookie, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie, Rookie)

Rucks are fine

5. If you have followed the advice above, you should have freed up a significant amount of cash to spend on your forwards and no offense, you need to.

Out of the forwards you have currently selected, I would suggest Knights and Kraks would be worth keeping. The others I think you will need to change. Premiums to consider would be Franklin, N. Riewoldt and Goodes. If you need another cheap option then Petrie would be best.

Once again, check the other teams on here to get an idea of which rookies to start with. There are only limited "good options" at this stage.

6. Lastly, I have highlighted your rookies which I think you may need to take another look at incase you know something that I don't.

Good Luck

heres my current side on paper, give me your thoughts:

DEF: Goddard Gibbs Scotland Grimes Everitt R.Tarrant Toy (McKernan, Duigan and Cripps)

MID: Hayes Pendelbury Judd Deleido Kennedy Swallow (Heppell, Harris and Buckley)

RUC: Sandilands Cox (Smith and McNamara)

FWD: Franklin Didak Goodes Riewoldt Yarran Krakouer Richardson (Matera, Tappscott and Casboult)

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back