Game Day Practice match: Fremantle v Collingwood. Saturday Aug 17. 10am (AWST - 12pm Vic time) @ Fremantle Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming will be available on Collingwood website.

5 new faces.

Injury List

Lucy Cronin – Lower Leg – one week

Charlotte Taylor – Foot – two to four weeks

Lauren Butler – Lower Leg – two to four weeks

Bri Davey – Ankle – two to four weeks

Kalinda Howarth – ACL Rehab – TBC

Mikayla Hyde – Foot – TBC

Saturday 17 August
Fremantle v Collingwood
Fremantle Oval, Whadjuk
10:00am (AWST)

FREMANTLE v COLLINGWOOD
BMuireann AtkinsonStacey Livingstone
HBRuby SchleicherLauren BrazzaleSelena Karlson
CSarah RoweTarni WhiteJordy Allen
HFGrace CampbellEleri MorrisErica Fowler
F Alana PorterEliza James
RSabrina FrederickBrittany BonniciMikala Cann
INTImogen BarnettImogen EvansCarly Remmos
Charlotte BlairAmber SchutteSarah Sansonetti
Annie LeeGeorgia Clark

If Bri misses Round 1, a lot will be on the shoulders of Brit and Cann to carry that midfield, Rowey or White can slot into that third inside mid spot

doh! ... got my times wrong. When it said the game at 10am, I thought the conversation to this side of the planet was done so it's was 10am in Melbourne, and I've been trying to tune in every so often but was getting errors.... ha ....

Now I get this 👍

1723859102168.png

doh! ... got my times wrong. When it said the game at 10am, I thought the conversation to this side of the planet was done so it's was 10am in Melbourne, and I've been trying to tune in every so often but was getting errors.... ha ....

Now I get this 👍

View attachment 2081891
It's going to be sad to see Braz running around of the opposition mob. I presume she's playing yeah?

whoa! ... what happened in the 2nd half? I had to go out so missed it entirely and I've just seen the scores. WTF!? I know it's only a pre-season match but I thought in the 1st half we were certainly only to play it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COLLINGWOOD

New faces:
Georgia Clark (draft), Amber Schutte (draft), Muireann Atkinson (rookie), Annie Lee (trade), Carly Remmos (injury replacement player), Imogen Evans (injury replacement player)
Notable omissions:
Bri Davey (ankle), Lauren Butler (lower leg), Charlotte Taylor (foot), Lucy Cronin (lower leg), Mikayla Hyde (foot), Kalinda Howarth (knee)
Injuries: TBC
Major ball-winners: Jordy Allen (18), Mikala Cann (18), Brit Bonnici (14), Sarah Rowe (12), Imogen Evans (12), Carly Remmos (11)
Goals: Grace Campbell, Erica Fowler

What we learnt: Early on when Collingwood was in control, and adapting well to the wet conditions, Grace Campbell showed off her wheels inside 50, slotting an impressive goal out of stoppage, while also laying 15 tackles. Through the middle Brittany Bonnici and Mikala Cann combined for 32 disposals, 26 tackles, and 11 clearances in the absence of Brianna Davey, and Sabrina Frederick and Imogen Barnett competed well in the air. Adding to the midfield mix was the returning Imogen Evans (12 disposals, 10 contested possessions), who is back in the squad after initially being delisted. Her strength around the ball and ability to adapt to the contested nature of the game was impressive, with a similar impact being felt from Carly Remmos (11 disposals, six tackles). Irish recruit Muireann Atkinson shook off a leg injury in last week's match simulation to take up her post as a key defender, fighting it out with Aine Tighe for much of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Practice match: Fremantle v Collingwood. Saturday Aug 17. 10am (AWST - 12pm Vic time) @ Fremantle Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back