Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be quite a sight, I'd love that.

In 2022, Rozee was All-Australian with 23.2 disposals a game and 18 goals (0.8 a game).
Don’t care about the disposals so much, but would like him to hit the scoreboard consistently.

Last edited:

I think we forget how much 2 gpg is. It’s 40-50 goals per year. That’s an ok year for a key forward, and an AA-contending year for anyone else. Only 4 non KPFs got over 40 goals last year.
I think he should be aiming for 40 goals.
Hes certainly capable of it.

I think we forget how much 2 gpg is. It’s 40-50 goals per year. That’s an ok year for a key forward, and an AA-contending year for anyone else. Only 4 non KPFs got over 40 goals last year.

It depends on his midfield/forward ratio. At his pick we should be getting an A grade mid or an elite forward. So if he ends up just pinch hitting in the middle, we should expect him to be among the group of non KPFs that crack 40 goals. Noting he’s still developing, so that level might be another year away.

Josh Rachele
2023 Averages (21 games)

Disposals 15.3
Goals 1.1 (23)
----------------------------------------------------
What he's chasing is something like this,

Toby Greene
2023 Averages (24 games)

Disposals 17.8
Goals 2.8 (66)

Last edited:
It depends on his midfield/forward ratio. At his pick we should be getting an A grade mid or an elite forward. So if he ends up just pinch hitting in the middle, we should expect him to be among the group of non KPFs that crack 40 goals. Noting he’s still developing, so that level might be another year away.
no pressure then

Who else in his player type is kicking 40 goals? Toby Greene is about it, right? There's a couple of dedicated small forwards such as Charlie Cameron and Breust but that's not the role we have Rachele in.

I'm more interested in how many goals he can create.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else in his player type is kicking 40 goals? Toby Greene is about it, right? There's a couple of dedicated small forwards such as Charlie Cameron and Breust but that's not the role we have Rachele in.

I'm more interested in how many goals he can create.

As I said, if he’s only pinch hitting as a mid, turn he needs to be an elite small forward given the pick we used to draft him. The more midfield time, the less score expectation.

As I said, if he’s only pinch hitting as a mid, turn he needs to be an elite small forward given the pick we used to draft him. The more midfield time, the less score expectation.

I guess it depends what you count as midfield. He can still be essentially playing as a midfield even if he's mostly roaming around high half-forward and having the occasional CBA.

I'd love to see him in the guts more often, but we have so many players who are locks in that position (Dawson, Crouch, Laird, O'Brien) and others who should be getting significant time in there (Rankine, Pedlar, Soligo) that I can't see Rachele spending all that much time in there. I don't think that means we just relegate Rachele to a small forward role. Instead, he becomes a classy connector between the midfield and the forward line, shifting further up or down the ground as needed.

Josh Rachele
2023 Averages (21 games)

Disposals 15.3
Goals 1.1 (23)
----------------------------------------------------
What he's chasing is something like this,

Toby Greene
2023 Averages (24 games)

Disposals 17.8
Goals 2.8 (66)

The talent is undeniably there for Rachele to get to Toby Greene level. He has already proven that through the first two seasons. His key issue is fitness and being able to maintain form for a long period of time.

Josh Rachele - First 5 games of 2022 / 2023 when he is freshest:

Disposals 17.1 (per game)
Goals 2.3 (per game)

It all went downhill after those first 5 games in both 22 and 23. Lets hope he can sustain for longer this year.

The talent is undeniably there for Rachele to get to Toby Greene level. He has already proven that through the first two seasons. His key issue is fitness and being able to maintain form for a long period of time.

Josh Rachele - First 5 games of 2022 / 2023 when he is freshest:

Disposals 17.1 (per game)
Goals 2.3 (per game)

It all went downhill after those first 5 games in both 22 and 23. Lets hope he can sustain for longer this year.
Maybe he expends too much energy punching the air after a goal. I’d rather he spend it on gut running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back