Training Pre Season '23

Remove this Banner Ad

I've only ever heard Clarko and Dimma talk about its benefits. What are their medical qualifications again?

Firstly, I'm blocking you so no need to reply.

Secondly, the benefits he talks about are those he has found for himself. He had chronic pain and has found a way to combat it. Then, as a millionaire (probably) he has invested in something he believes in and something that can and has helped so many people.

Thirdly, Why does it bother you, seriously? He gets asked about it in his interviews and gives answers, doesn't flog the brand etc.

Fourthly, find a real issue in the world to focus all your stress on. Right now, there is plenty of them. Yemen children dying, More earthquakes in Turkey, floods in NZ. Or some positive news, Stem cells used to cure cancer in 5 HIV positive people has CURED their HIV as well, that is incredible.

This is a football forum, in a preseason thread and your only input is about Dimma the Devil because he is happy with a choice he has made that has helped in life. Get a grip.

Anyone know bench sizes for NM game?
I know last year it was like 6 qtrs and the VFL team played the last 3?
Or is it just a normal game?

Side note, a 4th umpire may find all the missed free kicks we have? Am I crazy?
No doubt an extra umpire might see a couple of missed free kicks but it goes both ways, it just continues to the over officiation of the game imo

Umps always have missed free kicks I don’t really have an issue with the missed ones, but due to the rules we have so many grey areas that could go either way we are also adding another persons interpretation
3 umps could think play on, the 4th blows the whistle

Instead of more umpires I would prefer a back to basics approach
Streamline the rules and try to remove grey areas

Hi folks,
How massive is Mate Colina. Do you think he will make the grade?
Cheers.
He is in deed an absolute unit, as to if he actually makes it I would probably rate him as unlikely
Track reports haven’t had him doing a huge amount during the pre season, no idea if it’s injury related or not but I really can’t see him pushing past guys like Sampson Ryan or Soldo

He is in deed an absolute unit, as to if he actually makes it I would probably rate him as unlikely
Track reports haven’t had him doing a huge amount during the pre season, no idea if it’s injury related or not but I really can’t see him pushing past guys like Sampson Ryan or Soldo
Unfortunately, I don't think Sampsin Ryan will ever be up to AFL level, I would play Collina before him easily. Edit Bigoa I meant

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
I meant Bigoa Nyuon apologies. Mate is a big unit but don't know much about his game.
Sampson looks a bit slow and awkward to me.
Would have them in similar categories essentially just depth at this point with some potential

But I don’t think they are really competing for the same positions either Biggy would take preference if we need an extra defender who can also help out in the ruck

Ryan the same except if we need a forward/ruck

But both are still probably behind Miller and Soldo in any case

Would have them in similar categories essentially just depth at this point with some potential

But I don’t think they are really competing for the same positions either Biggy would take preference if we need an extra defender who can also help out in the ruck

Ryan the same except if we need a forward/ruck

But both are still probably behind Miller and Soldo in any case
I like Soldo as a forward/ ruck. He is a very accurate shot for goal and should be in his peak now.

This is exactly how it’s going to go
Yep and it's why i'm an advocate of shelving the round 1 opener, let some other club be the guinea pigs for once. Round 1 is so overrated anyway.

We should just roll into the season on a saturday or sunday in round 1 IMO.

Came to look for any word on if that sh*tc*nt Tom Lunch is any chance for rd 1, left with 8000 Dimma on the bongs memes. Thanks lads.

I remember when I had my first beer

I like Soldo as a forward/ ruck. He is a very accurate shot for goal and should be in his peak now.
The most goals Soldo has ever kicked is last season, 7 goals 3 behinds. That is 10 shots at goal in 13 matches, not much of a forward presence if any at all considering he doesn't tackle, chase or harass and defenders can run off him at will. Nank is no better down there for that matter.

Miller can do all the above, just needs to play there. If not then Biggy or Young, or Sampson at least he is a natural forward for a ruckman. Would rather throw Bauer down there and pinch hit him in the ruck if need be. Young players will do anything if asked and means they are playing seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre Season '23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back