Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Minor Comp Winner Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Everton
Who is your favourite for the 2011 WAFL Premiership at this early stage of the pre-season? Who's recruiting has impressed you most?

East Perth have recruited very well, think they have been the best over the off-season so far. Swans and Claremont will still be tough to beat though.

claremont have an excess of talent and will be hungry after the2010 grand final.

east perth will be honest battlers again and a chance if the high profile recruits show more than there talent. Dont discard east freo and swans.

Paddy Mcginnity should come home to the royals as well!!

East Freo have got Hadley & King back at the club. Rory O'Brien,Peels Tuckey medallist from 2010 has joined with possibly his brother to follow. Griffen looks like playing a fair bit in the WAFL.

They can't afford injuries to key position players. Have an excellent midfield. Plus still plenty of good players around from last years colts grand final winning team.

I think Claremont will be up again this season, it'll be interesting to see with Swans how they go without Krakouer and Brian Dawson but I'm expecting them to be contenders. East Freo should be about the place again, same with East Perth. South Fremantle can't be as bad again in 2011 and West Perth are always up around the mark come September. I think it will be a very interesting season..though last time I said that the Top 4 was locked in about 5 weeks from the end of the season...

I think Perth, WP and EF have made good gains without losing too much where as clubs like EP and SD have recruited well but at the same time lost a fair bit. SD have lost high quality so it depends if their recruits prove to be adequate replacements for those lost where as EP have lost a few due to retirement.

Peel have suffered some big losses but have made big gains and I see them improving. Subi and Souths are the 2 clubs I think have done the least in the off season to improve on 2010. Souths are still holding on to quite a few oldies while Subi have had a real good clean out the last 2 years and will be in a rebuilding phase.

As for Claremont i'll be interested to see how Chad Jones comes back after tearing the hamstring off the bone. He is a key. Their 2010 h & a season will be hard to match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-Season Favourites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back