B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you, Maxwell,

It's just that you normally file promptly. Often on the evening of the match. Yet here we are on a Monday evening and it took some prompting to get you energised. We devotees who look forward to your rundown of the day's events were wondering why the 'no appearance your worship'

A "Maxwell is a little touchy this week" M

Best wishes with the knee surgery. If you don't mind me asking, the orthopod?
We had a function on Saturday night (I was at the club for 15 hours- I wish I got paid by the hour, actually I wish I got paid), got home very early the next day, then Grandpa and son duties took all of Sunday.

Wanted to get my head straight. Make sure some facts were correct.

Dr. Nathan White (In Kew). He will confirm when op is. It will be knee op no. 5 and overall op no. 17.

Max

We had a function on Saturday night (I was at the club for 15 hours- I wish I got paid by the hour, actually I wish I got paid), got home very early the next day, then Grandpa and son duties took all of Sunday.

Wanted to get my head straight. Make sure some facts were correct.

Dr. Nathan White (In Kew). He will confirm when op is. It will be knee op no. 5 and overall op no. 17.

Max
You're excused, Maxwell.:smilev1:

Your devotion to your club as a volunteer is outstanding. Community sports generally would be in deep doo-doo if it wasn't for people like you who give so much time voluntarily. Kudos.

You've certainly been in the wars medically. I haven't heard of Dr White, but his CV is impressive. Dr David Young did my reco back in the day and I've only needed a scrape and a cortisone jab since. I don't pound the knees like you appear to you. Bikes and swimming are easier on the joints.

Best wishes with the consult and possible forthcoming surgery.

Look forward to the future after the match 'Max's Musings' - at times to be decided.

You're excused, Maxwell.:smilev1:

Your devotion to your club as a volunteer is outstanding. Community sports generally would be in deep doo-doo if it wasn't for people like you who give so much time voluntarily. Kudos.

You've certainly been in the wars medically. I haven't heard of Dr White, but his CV is impressive. Dr David Young did my reco back in the day and I've only needed a scrape and a cortisone jab since. I don't pound the knees like you appear to you. Bikes and swimming are easier on the joints.

Best wishes with the consult and possible forthcoming surgery.

Look forward to the future after the match 'Max's Musings' - at times to be decided.
Thanks mate

David Young did my 1st knee op in 1988.

All clubs have amazing volunteers. That’s what mate community sport so special.

Round 8 OI v OH (Poo Browns V the Magentas)
Conditions near perfect. 1-2 goal (at best) favouring the Lodge end
Ground a firm 8.
Last time we played was in OH's C Grade Premiership year. (2015 i believe)

Let me say from the outset of my report, the best team won on the day. No disputing the fact. So what is to follow doesnt change this fact.

However

1st Quarter OH kicking to the scoring end.

After 5 minutes the game was effectively over. 4 goals, (3 from free kicks, 1 howler, 2 50:50). That ended up being the final margin.

At one stage it was 33 to 0.

OH were dominating with very clean possession and their pressure reminded me of an old fashion A Grade v C Grade smashing.

Then OI found its feet and put the next 3 goals in the board. OI looked stronger with the return of No. 18 at full forward.

Two late goals saw OH go into quarter time leading by 32 points.

2nd quarter saw the coach rearrange the magnets, getting his match ups better, especially in the back line. These changes saw OH remain goals in quarter 2. After kicking the 2nd goal 5.25 into the 1st, Seccull was hell by one of our young backmen.

We then lost two players for the rest of the game, but it appears teams who are down on rotations appear not to be to badly affected.

We kept OH goalless and a late miss by OI would have/could have (but didn't) create some doubts.

Pressure from both teams was high, and it appeared that the umpires also settled down.

The rain came and went during the half time break. This helped OH as they flexed their muscles and kicked 4 to 2 goals.

Game over. injury to Jones (OH) who was a little proppy from a 1st quarter clash with the turf.

4th Quarter saw OI win the quarter 3 to 2 goals.

Highlight of the day was a barrel from Reed Jepsen from full back, and the return of No. 18

OH were more clinical around goals/ground when it counted.

Summary

OH had 5-6 VFL players playing. OI has 2 and none played.
OH were (according to themselves) nearly at full strength.
OI were without 5 key players.
OH were physically bigger than OI across the ground. Seccull and Steele in the middle are very impossing.
OH skills are higher than anyone Ive seen this year (I missed DLS due to wifey booking a little getaway that weekend)
OH again have very little to offer from the reserve team. (They have a crack, but other then Gleadhill who is a OH legend, and the only player on OH's list that would have previously played OI, they can hope for some Under 19's or other VFL listed players). We have 2.

I had to get the green top on the weekend for my 1st and I hope last run. Knee surgeon on Tuesday. The OH reserve field umpire (young James) was amazing. He covered 75% of the ground and I hobbled the remaining 25%.

OI still have the best lunches and afternoon tea bar none. Canteen does its job.

Can someone give advise on what to do tomorrow and Thursday night. Surely there is some football on somewhere.

Max "Can everyone be a little patient" Leader

Max - If you are really desperate to watch some local footy, I see there is a Div 3 (North) Thirds game between Hawthorn and Old Yarra starting at 6:30 at Rathmines Reserve tomorrow night.

Something is better than nothing as they say.

Max - If you are really desperate to watch some local footy, I see there is a Div 3 (North) Thirds game between Hawthorn and Old Yarra starting at 6:30 at Rathmines Reserve tomorrow night.

Something is better than nothing as they say.
Unfortunately at 10.30pm last night i was admitted to Cabrini hospital with another Gallstone attack. Tomorrow I’ll have my gallbladder removed. So no footy this weekend. Otherwise I would have loved too. I would be forward scouting for our thirds.

Unfortunately at 10.30pm last night i was admitted to Cabrini hospital with another Gallstone attack. Tomorrow I’ll have my gallbladder removed. So no footy this weekend. Otherwise I would have loved too. I would be forward scouting for our thirds.
Take care mate

A gallstone caught in the duct can be very painful.

Know someone who had keyhole surgery for gallbladder removal. The recovery was quick.

With the bye week, I expect "Max's Musings" to be back for the next round.:whitecheck:

Take care!

A gallstone caught in the duct can be very painful.

Know someone who had keyhole surgery for gallbladder removal. The recovery was quick.

With the bye week, I expect "Max's Musings" to be back for the next round.:whitecheck:

Take care!
I planned it that way😂😂

Thanks I will get back soon, in time for the knee op😂 during the double bye.

Give me a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 9 Honest Match Report
Caulfield v OI at Glenhuntly Reserve
Generally very good. Centre a little muddy.
3-4 goal wind favouring the race course end.

After a week in hospital it was good to get out.
OI introduced 2 debutants and with 6 changes from the previous week, and with Caulfield scarring OC the previous game, the game was a a toss of the coin.

But Caulfield had been raided by the VFL, which put OI in the slight ascendancy.

OI kicked with the wind and one of the debutants kicked a goal within the 1st minute which was counted by Caulfield immediately.
OI ended up kicking up 7 to 2 against. Those 2 goals were pivotal in keeping Caulfield in touch.

OI held Caulfield for the 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd, but bang, 5 goals to nothing for the remainder of the quarter saw Caulfield take a slight lead into the half.

Caulfield came out in the 3rd quarter and went bang, bang, bang, and OI were looking down the barrel. No. 5 for Caulfield is a gun. OI finally got the ball going there way and dominated the last 20 minutes, kicking 6 to a freak goal to No. 5.

With a 11 point lead, OI knew that kicking into the wind was going to be a challenge.

This proved correct with Caulfield kicking 3 goals to lead the game by 6 points.

And arm wrestle ensued, with OI kicking the next 2 goals, one from a dubious shepherding and subsequent 50 metre penalty, saw OI hold on for a 6 point win.

That’s our 4th win by less than a goal.

Caulfield were very very brave, but at full kit will be very hard to beat. They Play their ground really well.

Game played in good spirits, but Caulfield conceded 3 goals from 50 metre penalties. All warranted.

Max “recuperating from a missing Gallbladder” Leader

OI introduced 2 debutants and with 6 changes from the previous week, and with Caulfield scarring OC the previous game, the game was a a toss of the coin.

But Caulfield had been raided by the VFL, which put OI in the slight ascendancy.

OI kicked with the wind and one of the debutants kicked a goal within the 1st minute which was counted by Caulfield immediately.
OI ended up kicking up 7 to 2 against. Those 2 goals were pivotal in keeping Caulfield in touch.

OI held Caulfield for the 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd, but bang, 5 goals to nothing for the remainder of the quarter saw Caulfield take a slight lead into the half.

Caulfield came out in the 3rd quarter and went bang, bang, bang, and OI were looking down the barrel. No. 5 for Caulfield is a gun. OI finally got the ball going there way and dominated the last 20 minutes, kicking 6 to a freak goal to No. 5.

With a 11 point lead, OI knew that kicking into the wind was going to be a challenge.

This proved correct with Caulfield kicking 3 goals to lead the game by 6 points.

And arm wrestle ensued, with OI kicking the next 2 goals, one from a dubious shepherding and subsequent 50 metre penalty, saw OI hold on for a 6 point win.

Caulfield were very very brave, but at full kit will be very hard to beat. They Play their ground really well.

Game played in good spirits, but Caulfield conceded 3 goals from 50 metre penalties. All warranted.

It really is a ground that takes a lot of getting used to as the goals don't line up

Caulfield barely had a playing pulse last year. Credit to McKenna and his crew for making them competitive this year.

Just saw a post by Williamstown.

Has to be the best “we live and die by our word” statement.

Forfeiting both Under 19 teams for this weekend’s game is sending a very strong message, that behave badly and not take responsibility has consequences.

Big shout out to the Pres, she is a legend.

Just saw a post by Williamstown.

Has to be the best “we live and die by our word” statement.

Forfeiting both Under 19 teams for this weekend’s game is sending a very strong message, that behave badly and not take responsibility has consequences.

Big shout out to the Pres, she is a legend.

Interesting move - I can't see Williamstown featuring very heavily in the tribunal pages, must be trouble on the home front.

Round 10 Honest Match Review
OI v OC at the Gordon Barnard
Conditions Perfect
Ground Fast 8
Wind not a factor.

3 Umpires. I know some read my post. So I’ll only say nice things today. Did a finals performance. Don’t always agree but all had innocuous games.

OI has had an average return at the Gordon, and with 2 school boys playing it was going to be a tough ask.

Both teams had 13 of their 22 from the 2023 Grand Final. On paper OC had a more consistent team.

1st quarter.

Milham came up against his much shorter nemesis, and the battle was on all day.

Allen was blanketed limiting OC from the middle.

The two school boys kicked goals in the 1st, with the ball flowing from end to end.

A couple of goals from OI errors saw the score a little too close for my liking.

OI up by 1 at quarter time.

2nd quarter saw quick goals to both teams, but then another to OC take the lead. OI wrestled back the ascendancy, with quick play on football.

OI went into the main break 10 points up.! OC lost one of their key backs to a hammy.

After half time OI (imo) dominated but did get the full reward. Our young CHF playing his 1st senior game for 2024 took a strong mark and kicked truly. A couple of missed chances from OI kept OC in with a sniff but the weight if numbers saw OI going into the final break with a 25 point lead.

The last quarter was much the same as the last, with OC coming out of the blocks, but to no avail, with a 3 goal to 2 last quarter saw OI with a comfortable 30 point win.

OI had the chance to win by 50 but some poor kicking for goals just stopped us from really dominating.

I can now say, at worst we will be playing in B Grade next year👍👍.

Next week we celebrate Mal Mitris’s 200th game for the club.

8 x Captain
3 x Premiership player
State Player
As tough hard fair player that has graced the brown and white.

Max “see you next week” Leader

B Grade sure is competitive with 5 teams on 28 pts vying for Finals, Beaumaris need to make some decisions you’d say for a Club expected to play in September and with such a talented Junior base represented at AFL level

B Grade sure is competitive with 5 teams on 28 pts vying for Finals, Beaumaris need to make some decisions you’d say for a Club expected to play in September and with such a talented Junior base represented at AFL level
Agree. Usually very hard to beat on their home deck but they were very disappointing today. Have one of the biggest junior programs in the state but pulled their Thirds a few weeks back and today their ressies played with 18. I know that June/July can be a challenge with travel, injuries and waning interest but this must be a concern for the Beaumaris faithful. On another note, they are usually very well supported. Granted it was a putrid day weather wise a very sparse turn out by the home supporters today.

Happy to be corrected but hearing unconfirmed reports that Haileybury forfeited the 2s today. Surely the most dominant team in the grade can rustle up a reserves side. Concerning if true, especially in Prem B.

Remove this Banner Ad

B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back