A Section Premier Section 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Those days are long gone at SKOB, only Aplin who played last week didn't attend Skevs. A flag and a runners up in the last two years shows that they are doing something right. The Uni Blues model is not a sustainable one, they will fall, and fall hard at some point, ala Old Haileybury.
OH maybe changing. Beat us by 4 goals, with 5 - 6 VFL players and only played in 25 total points. Reserves are still average but not as bad as they used to be.

Those days are long gone at SKOB, only Aplin who played last week didn't attend Skevs. A flag and a runners up in the last two years shows that they are doing something right. The Uni Blues model is not a sustainable one, they will fall, and fall hard at some point, ala Old Haileybury.
Yes they are both sniffing around.

Forgive me for my post as I don’t want this to be a SKOB fest, but it beggars belief that not one SKOB player was selected in the under 19 ‘rep games’, in fact it’s bloody laughable.

How does a rising star nominee (E Mahoney) of the VAFA not get selected?

How does Billy Galemberti, recently recruited by GWS, who averages 28 disposals a game, with several BOG’s in the side sitting second on the ladder, not get selected?

How does Liam Walters, who went to the AFL draft combine last year, has played 8 games and been named in the best 4 times, not selected? Liam Gunson, 6 games, three times in the best, Robert Larcher etc.

Old Xaverians are in same boat, laughable that none of their boys have been selected.

Not to mention the boys who play in the under 19 teams, who are also at the top of the ladder.

Forgive me for my post as I don’t want this to be a SKOB fest, but it beggars belief that not one SKOB player was selected in the under 19 ‘rep games’, in fact it’s bloody laughable.

How does a rising star nominee (E Mahoney) of the VAFA not get selected?

How does Billy Galemberti, recently recruited by GWS, who averages 28 disposals a game, with several BOG’s in the side sitting second on the ladder, not get selected?

How does Liam Walters, who went to the AFL draft combine last year, has played 8 games and been named in the best 4 times, not selected? Liam Gunson, 6 games, three times in the best, Robert Larcher etc.

Old Xaverians are in same boat, laughable that none of their boys have been selected.

Not to mention the boys who play in the under 19 teams, who are also at the top of the ladder.
Clubs do the nominating. Maybe ask them.

Then these boys may have not accepted invitations coz they would be playing elsewhere. Ie Coates league of VFL
Coates League is U18. They have all graduated.
VAFA imposes rule that you are ineligible for scratch match if you play Senior Premier football.
Selectors unavailable for comment as they too busy readying themselves for Perth junket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OBALUMNI $4.50
SKOBAFL $5.50
UNIAFLSTEWART $6.50
COLLEGIANSAFL $10.00
OSVFL $26.00
OXWAFL $39.50
UNIBLACKS $501.00
GAZMEN $501.00
SNOWDOGS $1001.00
THE MIGHTY ROYS $1001.00

How can anyone not love OBALUMNI. Would love to see them either against SKOBAFL(ALUMNI) or big Stewart in the GF. Think it will be the former.

OBALUMNI $4.50
SKOBAFL $5.50
UNIAFLSTEWART $6.50
COLLEGIANSAFL $10.00
OSVFL $26.00
OXWAFL $39.50
UNIBLACKS $501.00
GAZMEN $501.00
SNOWDOGS $1001.00
THE MIGHTY ROYS $1001.00

How can anyone not love OBALUMNI. Would love to see them either against SKOBAFL(ALUMNI) or big Stewart in the GF. Think it will be the former.
FWIW you are my type of bookie putting out a market at 72%

Good game at Brighton last sat. my 'boys" a bit stiff (one that got away) and OB are very gettable..
If Uni get into the GF and Stewart is playing, they will be very hard to toss.........
FF, it looks by scoring shots that OB had the majority of the play, or is that not the real story?
Uni Blues won’t make the GF, they needed 12 ex AFL players in 2019 to do it, and even then were over the points, which today is still conveniently overlooked by HQ.

I also hear Stewart pinged a hammy on Saturday, if this is correct we will all have our theories tested regarding big shorts’ team.

in a concerning report, a very good friend of mine, who happens to be involved with the Scotch lads, tells me there were allegedly several ‘unsavory’ remarks directed at a Scotch player across the course of the game by an OX player.

If true, they expect the VAFA to take immediate action against said player and said football club, watch this space!

FF, it looks by scoring shots that OB had the majority of the play, or is that not the real story?
Uni Blues won’t make the GF, they needed 12 ex AFL players in 2019 to do it, and even then were over the points, which today is still conveniently overlooked by HQ.

I also hear Stewart pinged a hammy on Saturday, if this is correct we will all have our theories tested regarding big shorts’ team.
Yep fair call Plats, they had plenty of it for sure, but I also take into account the home ground advantage aspect.
If can run them very close at home (anyone), an away game maybe different...Just more "griss" for the mill...

If the hammy rumor is true, anyhing is possible now...

in a concerning report, a very good friend of mine, who happens to be involved with the Scotch lads, tells me there were allegedly several ‘unsavory’ remarks directed at a Scotch player across the course of the game by an OX player.

If true, they expect the VAFA to take immediate action against said player and said football club, watch this space!
very concerning MP. Hard and fast reprimand if the VAFA follows AFL HQ.
Yep fair call Plats, they had plenty of it for sure, but I also take into account the home ground advantage aspect.
If can run them very close at home (anyone), an away game maybe different...Just more "griss" for the mill...

If the hammy rumor is true, anyhing is possible now...
If the big fella has done a hammy, that throw's the premiership odds into further disarray.

1718743213719.png

Interesting footage from this week's VAFA goal of the week. Sadly the lions had our chances and we failed to shut Brighton out of the game when they looked down and out, but that to me looks like it should have been paid out of bounds!

More importantly, the lions turning into the second half of the season at 5-4 need to beat OMs at the Trott this weekend after our somewhat shock defeat in round 1.

View attachment 2023721

Interesting footage from this week's VAFA goal of the week. Sadly the lions had our chances and we failed to shut Brighton out of the game when they looked down and out, but that to me looks like it should have been paid out of bounds!

More importantly, the lions turning into the second half of the season at 5-4 need to beat OMs at the Trott this weekend after our somewhat shock defeat in round 1.
Whole of the ball has to be out
Shadow on the line?

Remove this Banner Ad

A Section Premier Section 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back