A Section Premier Section 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing that they did what they did this year, on the back of 9 retirement's from last years team, Piskers injury and Kennedy doing his ACL, missing basically the whole season.

I doubt any other club in the comp would have finished the season second on the ladder.
These are just excuses, all clubs have injuries and retirements. Move on

Congratulations to Old Scotch. Well deserved win.
What made the win even more remarkable is the fact that Old Scotch were coming off a 6 day break like Hampton Rovers in Premier C, but unlike the Rovers who got smashed by Old Carey in the Premier C Grand Final, overcame that hurdle to post a convincing win.

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is that. Justified? Maybe. But the simple fact is that if he'd have been given an exemption, it'd set a precedent for the compulsory stand-down period being challenged in every other competition as well as the VAFA.
He would have missed more games than any other player during the regular season for concussion (assuming medical clearance was granted). 21 one days is ridiculous. Make 19 days, so he misses 2 games.

Not a VAFA person but went to the game today, good game of footy, was a little underwhelmed by the crowd tbh, apart from the sections behind the goals the rest seemed pretty sparse. Didn’t seem like a big crowd for a Premier Division grand final. I just read 3500 on social media which seems small.

Not sure about the Friday thing, it’s a long weekend now so many people take the opportunity to get out of town, I think you’re probably better off winding up your local footy season last Saturday.

Not a VAFA person but went to the game today, good game of footy, was a little underwhelmed by the crowd tbh, apart from the sections behind the goals the rest seemed pretty sparse. Didn’t seem like a big crowd for a Premier Division grand final. I just read 3500 on social media which seems small.

Not sure about the Friday thing, it’s a long weekend now so many people take the opportunity to get out of town, I think you’re probably better off winding up your local footy season last Saturday.
It was a significantly larger crowd than last year. Congrats to The Cardinals, 46 years in the making.

I’m an OSC and went to most games for years, when they were making up the bottom of A grade, in B grade. They’ve come of age and all their teams are excelling. It’s a great thrill for the volunteers, the lifeblood of these clubs. “Good old Scotch!”.

Remove this Banner Ad

A Section Premier Section 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back