Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rory Laird, Luke Brown, Sam Jacobs, Dr. Steve Kennett and Recruiter Steve McCrystal

Robbo caught up in past glories in the main?

Mark Robinson names his top 50 players ahead of 2023 season​

It is the most anticipated list in the AFL. Robbo’s Top 50 is here for 2023. Who took out the number one spot? See the full list now.

ROBBO'S TOP 50 BREAKDOWN​

Teams
Geelong: 6
Richmond: 6
Carlton: 5
Western Bulldogs: 5
Melbourne: 5
Sydney: 4
Brisbane Lions: 4
Collingwood: 4
GWS Giants: 2
West Coast: 1
North Melbourne: 1
Essendon: 1
Hawthorn: 1
Fremantle: 1
Port Adelaide: 1
Adelaide: 1
Gold Coast Suns: 1
St Kilda: 1

Clubs represented: 18

Positions
MIDFIELD 24
FORWARD 9
MIDFIELDER/FORWARD 3
MIDFIELDER/DEFENDER 2
DEFENDER 9
RUCK 3
TOTAL: 50

AGE (AS OF MARCH 16, WHEN R1 STARTS)
20YO: 1
21YO: 1
22YO: 2
23YO: 5
24YO: 1
25YO: 7
26YO: 4
27YO: 10
28YO: 4
29YO: 4
30YO: 5
31YO: 4
32YO: 1
34YO: 1
Nick Daicos youngest, Tom Hawkins oldest

Overall, there are nine defenders, two ruckmen, 10 forwards and the rest are midfielders slash midfield-forwards.

View attachment 1622992

View attachment 1622993

View attachment 1622995
I haven't looked at the whole list, but Dawson is pretty stiff not to be in there

The last thing we need is the media blowing smoke up our arses..

especially before a game against the Giants..

remember how cocky and confident we were going into that game against the Giants last year..

Nicky’s even gave his sympathies to Leon Cameron, and what Leon had been going through, prior to the bounce.. which reeked a bit of Nicksy being a little bit smug IMO..

we got our arses comprehensively handed to us shortly after..

keep a lid on it this year.. let’s start with seeing if we actually can drag ourselves out of the bottom 5 for the first time in 3 years.

The last thing we need is the media blowing smoke up our arses..

especially before a game against the Giants..

remember how cocky and confident we were going into that game against the Giants last year..

Nicky’s even gave his sympathies to Leon Cameron, and what Leon had been going through, prior to the bounce.. which reeked a bit of Nicksy being a little bit smug IMO..

we got our arses comprehensively handed to us shortly after..

keep a lid on it this year.. let’s start with seeing if we actually can drag ourselves out of the bottom 5 for the first time in 3 years.
Nicks needs to stop saying every side we play is a good side lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane said Fog is the biggest improver he has EVER seen in a player 12 mths. Mentioned 31 goals last half of last year and could win Coleman this year if we have a decent year. Bucks said not convinced about him as yet. Needs to see more to be convinced

Around 7am Bucks raised the 'Adelaide Crows' as one of his top 5 highlights from the Preseason. Mentioned a number of 'no name players' that are good Berry, Schoey, Mc Adam, Himmelberg, Keays, KPD's, and talented forward line names.

Overall very complimentary towards the team and said we were the big winners of the pre season. Bucks also said very impressed with the club over the last 14 months (assume Burgess apt etc) and praised Nicks for playing a hard, frenetic style of play. There will be no easy wins against us. Kane said we were pound for pound the most talented team meaning we extract maximum results from the ability of our players. Kane also said we are better than anyone is giving us credit for and can challenge for the 8

Most compliments I can remember hearing on SEN for many years..
It's hard to believe it came from Cane's mouth.

It's hard to believe it came from Cane's mouth.
Doesn’t he do this every feb/march

It’s often a ploy IMO

Talk us up suddenly, often unrealistically

It’s like he sets himself up to either

1. Come down harder if we don’t perform
2. Say I told you so / this is what we should be doing anyway if we do perform well

In either case I’m sure you’ll hear “I actually was bullish on the crows from before the season…” whether that is followed by a negative or positive appraisal

Doesn’t he do this every feb/march

It’s often a ploy IMO

Talk us up suddenly, often unrealistically

It’s like he sets himself up to either

1. Come down harder if we don’t perform
2. Say I told you so / this is what we should be doing anyway if we do perform well

In either case I’m sure you’ll hear “I actually was bullish on the crows from before the season…” whether that is followed by a negative or positive appraisal

Nah - remember last year? He picked us for the spoon. Everyone on here blew up about how much he hates us.

I listen to almost everything footy wise .....but I don't even bother listening to Bickley, he has never made a comment that had my ears pricking up & saying " I hadn't thought of that"

How in the hell, do change your opinion of season finish, off the back of one PS game .....seriously, if you couldn't see this side building ....well i can't help you

I do agree, our development will be hindered by our KPDefenders .....makes the McAsey situation so hard to swallow

1678139095144.png

Isn't the saying a week is a long time in footy

Yeah in season I get that. But we beat up a team that won two games last year in the pre-season and all of a sudden we are being talked up!

A week ago the vibe was we wouldn't improve on our position last year.

They don't even hide the fact that they don't do any research anymore.

Laird says Michalanney is a natural that is keen to learn.

“He’s great, he’s very attentive and he loves footy,” Laird said.

“He just tries to lap it all up I guess, but at the same time you watch him play and he seems to take it all in.

“He’s very calm and he’s just a natural footy player.”

Coming off his own two-goal, 32-disposal performance against the Eagles, Laird hopes his form continues into the season proper after putting on size and completing the entirety of the pre-season.

“I feel great,” Laird said.

“I didn’t miss any of the pre-season, I did all of it.

“I sort of put on a bit of size, I put on a kilo or a kilo and a half.

“I just thought the last couple of years I wasn’t getting pushed around, but I just find there’s a lot more grappling (in the midfield) and it’s a lot more physical than what I was doing at half back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back