Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching our ball movement, I feel like teams that are good at turning the ball over and going quickly may hurt us at times.

Clearly see the game plan, not clear if the team is good enough to deliver on it of course since w were playing ourselves.

Didn’t think the fed pressure was effective.

The kick by JT at 5:05

God I hope we back him in and spend the first rounders on not McDonald
If Treacy can manage to bring that form into the season... with Jackson and Amiss doing what they do... sploosh!
the man from jupiter archer GIF

Watching our ball movement, I feel like teams that are good at turning the ball over and going quickly may hurt us at times.

Clearly see the game plan, not clear if the team is good enough to deliver on it of course since w were playing ourselves.

Didn’t think the fed pressure was effective.
Preseason training, with all the different competing agendas and stages of preparedness, makes it really hard to get a universal read on anything. Glimpses is what you look for. There were some scintillating passages of play yesterday, especially the one late where purple transitioned it the length of the ground.

The glimpses I was really excited by yesterday were the involvements of the younger crew. Emmett, Treacy, Simpson, Young and of course Jackson and Amiss all showed they could have some serious impact on the season ahead.

Preseason training, with all the different competing agendas and stages of preparedness, makes it really hard to get a universal read on anything. Glimpses is what you look for. There were some scintillating passages of play yesterday, especially the one late where purple transitioned it the length of the ground.

The glimpses I was really excited by yesterday were the involvements of the younger crew. Emmett, Treacy, Simpson, Young and of course Jackson and Amiss all sorted they could have done serious impact on the season ahead.
Watching vidwhal first half package, Emmett was close to BOG in his role. Every time his team needed a hit up out of defence, he was there & then he pushed hard to get into the F50 to have a couple of shots on goals & impact there.

Freddy needs to impact games more & Walters needs to stay fit to kick a couple a game to get the most out of our small forwards as it looks like we finally have some tall forwards who will impact in some way.

Watching vidwhal first half package, Emmett was close to BOG in his role. Every time his team needed a hit up out of defence, he was there & then he pushed hard to get into the F50 to have a couple of shots on goals & impact there.

Freddy needs to impact games more & Walters needs to stay fit to kick a couple a game to get the most out of our small forwards as it looks like we finally have some tall forwards who will impact in some way.
Emmett looked really strong yesterday. Especially in the early goings. Was very exciting to see.

I was watching the match sim and was very interested in a young peel player in purple backline . He's tall about 190 cm and he would be close to 90kgs . Brown hair. Nice mullet. He tackled Johnson in the back pocket . .the tackle was first class . Johnson not only couldn't brake the tackle he was taken down and forced over the boundary for a stoppage . Does anyone know the kids name .I believe he's a Colts player

Frederick puts up very good numbers for a HFF in terms of goals and covers significant kms, which is quite important to the role.

May not have had the best game yesterday but based on two years of exposed form he’s the least of our worries. Emmett is doing very well to get past him.

I was watching the match sim and was very interested in a young peel player in purple backline . He's tall about 190 cm and he would be close to 90kgs . Brown hair. Nice mullet. He tackled Johnson in the back pocket . .the tackle was first class . Johnson not only couldn't brake the tackle he was taken down and forced over the boundary for a stoppage . Does anyone know the kids name .I believe he's a Colts player
That was Sellwood I believe. I think he has enough to be on AFL list as a small / general defender personally. Still youngish I believe as well

I'm going to put it out there and see what others think . I personally want to see Johnson and Young interchange between midfield and forward pocket and get them doing the Shults job for Fremantle. Their ability to apply pressure on defenders would be enormous and both can kick goals . IMHO we have the midfield depth to be able to make this work . Opposition teams defenders would be shaking in their boots to see them applying their physical strength and their speed . I await your input

His Dad said that his been told he will be playing more reserve footy this year with a couple of league games if he continues to take his game to a higher level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His Dad said that his been told he will be playing more reserve footy this year with a couple of league games if he continues to take his game to a higher level
I must be thinking of someone else. Sellwood has been playing league for a few years at Peel. Really good genuine footballer

I'm going to put it out there and see what others think . I personally want to see Johnson and Young interchange between midfield and forward pocket and get them doing the Shults job for Fremantle. Their ability to apply pressure on defenders would be enormous and both can kick goals . IMHO we have the midfield depth to be able to make this work . Opposition teams defenders would be shaking in their boots to see them applying their physical strength and their speed . I await your input

Honestly thought this was an option with Johnson before reading this post. If we ever get to the stage where we don’t need to play Johnson on the wing as much as I think we will this year, then him spending time forward is an option. We probably need two almost full time wingers so that Johnson barely has to play there at all.

Not sure about Young tbh - It is not something I’ve given any thought to prior to reading your post.

Honestly thought this was an option with Johnson before reading this post. Thing is be might rotate wing instead of forward - if we ever get to the stage where we don’t need to play Johnson on the wing as much as I think we will this year, then him spending time forward is an option.

Not sure about Young tbh - It is not something I’ve given any thought to prior to reading your post.
With 5 on the bench ,1 as the sub there's ample opportunity for us to play an extra mid off the bench . So rotating these players is an option and I've noticed the forward pressure to keep the ball locked into our forward lines has been lacking in the match Sims so far

Yep. Unfortunately the render corrupted halfway so it's effectively just the 1st half.
I'll be deleting and reupping the redo when it's doneskis.

In the meantime, enjoy this chunk.

Yeah I’m glad watching the replay of that 1st half validated my initial watch. Some great ball movement in there.

Emmett was a lot more involved than I realised

We can't play 4 talls in the forward line thats not an option in my view . If Tabs plays I would have him playing on a wing . He's got the tank and when he has played before he's often high up the ground offering a marking contest

Yeah I’m glad watching the replay of that 1st half validated my initial watch. Some great ball movement in there.

Emmett was a lot more involved than I realised
Emmet played a lot higher up the ground than I thought he would. He is pretty strong in the legs and faster than I thought.

Still don’t rate his actual footy ability and will be battling with Banners and Switta for a spot I think. Pressure fwd, tackle etc

Emmitt has been it the rehab group for a lot of the preseason. Yes I agree with you his input was very good and he was as keen as mustard to have an impact on a number of contests

Emmet played a lot higher up the ground than I thought he would. He is pretty strong in the legs and faster than I thought.

Still don’t rate his actual footy ability and will be battling with Banners and Switta for a spot I think. Pressure fwd, tackle etc
I’ve always been happy with everything he does bar disposal at Peel. If that had somehow magically improved I’ll sit on that bandwagon confident he’s an AFL player

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back