Training Preseason 22-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Already in step

318518133_10160189466032487_1999038079758002462_n.jpg
A couple of 8 foot blondes

I went to training yesterday. I was one of three supporters, despite it being in the heart of Braybrook.
Here's a vid and some of my observations:

Training at Skinner Reserve was windy but magnificent. Fast and furious. Lots of banter and energy. Bevo was emphasising quick release and precision. Watch the video for a snapshot of the crisp ball movement.
Standouts: Richards, West, Baker, Ugle-Hagan, Bedendo, Daniel, Sweet, Vandermeer, Keath, Libba and Williams.
*Ugle-Hagan has the physique of a Greek God now
*Bruce training with the defenders and matched up with Lobb during all match simulation. Bruce was mobile and back to full fitness, as was Keath.
*Baker is a favorite amongst the players already - going at it 100 miles an hour. Looked awesome.
*JJ kicked a goal from about 70m out during an end-to-end drill.
*Jones cleaned up Naughton in a physical marking contest. Both going hard at it and Jones clearly wanting to make an impression.
*Weightman, Dureya, Bailey Smith, Gardner, Busslinger, Darcy, Cleary and Treloar all on modified programs or lap running.
*Players noticeably bulked up include: Khamis, Vandermeer, Bedendo, English, Williams and Raak.

I went to training yesterday. I was one of three supporters, despite it being in the heart of Braybrook.

Training at Skinner Reserve was windy but magnificent. Fast and furious. Lots of banter and energy. Bevo was emphasising quick release and precision. Watch the video for a snapshot of the crisp ball movement.
Standouts: Richards, West, Baker, Ugle-Hagan, Bedendo, Daniel, Sweet, Vandermeer, Keath, Libba and Williams.
*Bruce training with the defenders and matched up with Lobb during all match simulation. Bruce was mobile and back to full fitness, as was Keath.
*Baker is a favorite amongst the players already - going at it 100 miles an hour. Looked awesome.
*Jones cleaned up Naughton in a physical marking contest. Both going hard at it and Jones clearly wanting to make an impression.
*Weightman, Dureya, Bailey Smith, Gardner, Busslinger, Darcy, Cleary and Treloar all on modified programs or lap running.
*Players noticeably bulked up include: Khamis, Vandermeer, Bedendo, English, Williams and Raak.

The big question though, is have we continued with running back 5 metres off the mark or are we now standing the mark.

Liking your posts mate, hope you stick around here!

Liking your posts mate, hope you stick around here!
Cheers Ossi - I was on here years ago and was on the receiving end of some pretty ordinary treatment from some regulars, so I moved on. I run the WB Forum on facebook and now have the Bulldog Channel on youtube, so I will share the content here each time I upload a player interview or do a vid. I'm about to drop a podcast I did yesterday with a 2016 Premiership Player. on youtube. Check it out and please subscribe to support my Bulldog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0H1em3LEnlDiEZVr0TqOw

Cheers Ossi - I was on here years ago and was on the receiving end of some pretty ordinary treatment from some regulars, so I moved on. I run the WB Forum on facebook and now have the Bulldog Channel on youtube, so I will share the content here each time I upload a player interview or do a vid. I'm about to drop a podcast I did yesterday with a 2016 Premiership Player. on youtube. Check it out and please subscribe to support my Bulldog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0H1em3LEnlDiEZVr0TqOw
You run the WB forums on facebook? I don’t envy you at all, some real special posters in that group that make me cringe at times.

Echoing what others have said, good to have you onboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this stuff, thanks so much.

Regarding the question 'have we continued to peel 5m back off the mark?', I can confirm that in simulation yesterday, we have scrapped this and are standing the mark from the spot as to not give up any ground. I hope this continues, as I believe last year's approach to be flawed.
Hallelujah!

Regarding the question 'have we continued to peel 5m back off the mark?', I can confirm that in simulation yesterday, we have scrapped this and are standing the mark from the spot as to not give up any ground. I hope this continues, as I believe last year's approach to be flawed.
That's great to hear. Personally think the players themselves were looking very frustrated with it last season.

Omfg praise the lord, this is the best news of the preseason to date. With an emphasis on quick ball movement too by the sounds of things maybe we’ve switched the **** on - last years tactics offensively, defensively and basically everywhere on the ground were a poor joke

heck!!! Bevo better come up with another dud idea for me to bang on about in every autopsy thread or I'll be happy. And nobody needs that.

Great work thank you. I hope you get a better run on here in future but some of the FB posters :oops: Guess its what you're used to .... and which page.

Great work on your YouTube channel and reporting back here with that video.
Can I just suggest one thing, and this is not a criticism at all, but when taking a video using your phone try turning it sideways and film in landscape. Video footage always works better in landscape.

Oh man you're gonna break some hearts if we don't scrap it!

I hope we do though (scrap it), it's too much to give the opposition player a forward step and easy disposal under no pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 22-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back