Game Day Pride Round 8 v Adelaide Crows. Sunday October 20th - 5:05pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

With Captain Bri Davey and star forward Grace Campbell both missing this weekend through injury, and young forward Georgia Clark managed, Sam Wright's side will see three changes.

Imogen Evans, Erica Fowler, and Jordi Ivey are the trio of players who come into Sunday's team

In: Fowler, Evans, Ivey

Out: Davey, Campbell, Clark

AFLW Week Eight
Sunday 20 October
Collingwood v Adelaide
Victoria Park, Wurundjeri
5:05pm (AEDT)

Collingwood v Adelaide
BLucy CroninStacey Livingstone
HBMuireann AtkinsonRuby SchleicherLauren Butler
CSarah RoweTarni WhiteJordy Allen
HFMikala CannJordan IveyAlana Porter
FEleri MorrisEliza James
RImogen BarnettBrittany BonniciCarly Remmos
INTErica FowlerSabrina FrederickAmber Schutte
Lauren BrazzaleImogen Evans
EMGGeorgia ClarkCharlotte TaylorSarah Sansonetti

Don't think I can make this, shame as we still need to show up despite being a disappointing season.
Yeah, win, lose, I'll always go if I can.
Its been a tough season, but we'll be better for it, getting games into the kids.

Not many people cares firstly, and then being on the bottom of the ladder, the occasional watcher has lost interest.
Honestly not a bad crowd for 5:05pm on a Sunday being the bottom team.

Probably lucky to only be 13 points down. If the Crows put the foot down this could get real ugly. Shame we don't play North. I'd like to see them teach us a real lesson. Show us what we need to strive towards.

some pleasing signs in the way they are trying to run, overlap and slingshot the ball .... and this is the bottom side :think:

worth pointing out the improvement in the womens game since the aflw began is impressive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some pleasing signs in the way they are trying to run, overlap and slingshot the ball .... and this is the bottom side :think:

worth pointing out the improvement in the womens game since the aflw began is impressive

The pressure to have representation across all AFL teams have spread the talent too thin. There are far too many players who simply shouldn't be playing in a professional league.

AFLW needs to be limited to 8 - 10 teams until there is a decent developmental pathway.

I have watched a few of our matches and we are such a horrible team.

I don't know who put this team together but wow.

Hawthorn and some of the other teams, seem to have athletic players that can run and have decent skills.

There was one girl against Port who played forward and clunked a nice mark and kicked a goal.

The pressure to have representation across all AFL teams have spread the talent too thin. There are far too many players who simply shouldn't be playing in a professional league.

AFLW needs to be limited to 8 - 10 teams until there is a decent developmental pathway.
No going back now that we're at 18 teams. Just have to make the best of it. The club's never really taken the program seriously I feel. Coaching and game plans are stuck in the early AFLW era. Need to look st North, Brisbane and Adelaide and work towards that style of play.

No going back now that we're at 18 teams. Just have to make the best of it. The club's never really taken the program seriously I feel. Coaching and game plans are stuck in the early AFLW era. Need to look st North, Brisbane and Adelaide and work towards that style of play.

I would clean out the list and recruit girls at the younger end.

Lets be honest, the more we lose the better. It's clear where we are behind is lack of talent of other teams. Look at the difference Lucy Cronin has made to this side. More of that.
We have gone so long with an average, but hard working team. The comp has changed to more skill, which provides more scoring.

The girls try, and we can't fault their effort, but you can't change skill that you grew up with.

I'm glad we kicked a couple late goals because the last thing we need is for the first time ever? to go goalless in a game.
But we need to go backwards before we can go forwards. It'll be interesting to see the list cull at the end of the season. You can probably pinpoint a few. But I think there is more contracted than we would like I reckon.

I checked the scores, I haven’t watched in weeks. It’s just a horrible game to watch. I don’t know if it’s us, the game or if I’m just too use to the mens footy but AFLW is on the nose at the moment.

I usually don’t mind watching women’s sports. Our cricket team is always fun to watch, well apart from a couple of days ago and the Opals definitely get me watching every game. However while I like some of our players and their personalities, love Sarah Rowe and Ruby. Loved it when we had Ash Brazil, Jamie Lambert and Chole Molloy. So is it the personal, the losing, the game style or maybe an overload of footy but I’m just not clicking with the team.

Hopefully we can get a spark from somewhere but I get the feeling that the whole AFLW is suffering from fatigue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Pride Round 8 v Adelaide Crows. Sunday October 20th - 5:05pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back