PS3 Controllers

Remove this Banner Ad

scott_pendlebury

Senior List
Jun 13, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
They suck!!! My R2 button broke on my dualshock controller which was only a few months old. It just lost its spring and just sits there now. And it's not the first time either, it happened to my old Sixasis controller. I got the new dualshock under warranty from that, and should get this new one under warranty but eventually it's going to run out and I dont want to pay $100 for a new one everytime :thumbsdown:. The worst part is I don't even play the thing that much so I don't see why it keeps happening:mad:
If Sony want us to pay $100 for their controllers, at least make them last!

I found a Logitech one for 50 bucks but it was really awkward to use, unlike their PC controllers which are the same layout but are actually quite good.

Hopefully someone develops a decent alternative or prices go down!

Yeah I'm hoping prices go down because I love the controller, I just hate the fact that the buttons at the back don't last.

I like the controllers, haven't had any issues with it. Got a free Logitech one with it too but as sherrthecat said they are awkward and I never use it unless its for 2 players.

They suck!!! My R2 button broke on my dualshock controller which was only a few months old. It just lost its spring and just sits there now. And it's not the first time either, it happened to my old Sixasis controller. I got the new dualshock under warranty from that, and should get this new one under warranty but eventually it's going to run out and I dont want to pay $100 for a new one everytime :thumbsdown:. The worst part is I don't even play the thing that much so I don't see why it keeps happening:mad:
If Sony want us to pay $100 for their controllers, at least make them last!

that sucks

my experiences have been the total opposite....

i play my system for probs an average of about 2 hours a night and have had the dual shock 3's since they came out (ordered from playasia and recieved them as soon as they became available) and they still perform perfectly

lucky you still have it under warranty

my experiences have been the total opposite....

i play my system for probs an average of about 2 hours a night and have had the dual shock 3's since they came out (ordered from playasia and recieved them as soon as they became available) and they still perform perfectly
Same with me, my SIXAXIS has been gathering dust for a while now.

I've always had bad experiences with PS2 controllers and the spring crapping out on the shoulder controllers or some other piece chipping of and clogging up the spring which means I've got to hit it to shake it out. I've had worse experiences with PS controllers than the N64 (where a lot of people have had trouble with the anologue stick wearing out).

I've always had bad experiences with PS2 controllers and the spring crapping out on the shoulder controllers or some other piece chipping of and clogging up the spring which means I've got to hit it to shake it out. I've had worse experiences with PS controllers than the N64 (where a lot of people have had trouble with the anologue stick wearing out).
Yeah, PS2 ones were shit, I went through about 5 or 6(Maybe more) in my PS2's lifetime, had all sorts of problems from buttons not working, to controls breaking open, and as bad as the N64 ones were for everyone I knew, I probably only went through 1 or 2 of those.

I always seemed too get good us out of my playstation controllers. My first PS1 controller is still in perfect working order after 10 years while my PS2 one is as well working fine after 8 strong years;)

Maybe you need to buy the L2 and R2 extensions to lessen the impact?

screenshot_187956.jpg

They only cost around $10 from any games store.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I've never had a problem, but obviously it is a problem for some otherwise they wouldn't have aftermarket trigger enhancements.

Remove this Banner Ad

PS3 Controllers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back