QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t have thought that matters to the current Aspley list. Different generation. I do like the history though and remember the game in 08.
yes I know, i think bringing up what happened in the past between 2 clubs is good. We had an interesting rivalry in 01 and 02, especially 02

Bloody oath.
I’m hearing Morningside may be decimated a bit next week with a popular player getting married and it’s not local.

Not making excuses but think they will be down a lot of players in both grades apparently. Who gets married in footy season. So inconsiderate 😂

I’m hearing Morningside may be decimated a bit next week with a popular player getting married and it’s not local.

Not making excuses but think they will be down a lot of players in both grades apparently. Who gets married in footy season. So inconsiderate 😂
Fancy not holding the wedding at the ground! :D

Tipping Ladder;
Only 2 picked the card be it De Zario and NWO ..
Noosa Boy and Boops ,,, no tips from u guys ,, so u get 2 ,, get your tips in for this coming week .
Lots of movement in the ladder again guys

47; PUGS
46;ALL OR NOTHING, BIG E ,
45; DE ZARIO
44;SMY, FOOTY BOY, WESTERMAN,
43; NWO , STILL ME, THUNERDOC, BIG TEX, MAGPIE BOY ,
42; BUD 63, QLD CLUELESS,
41; TOUCAN SOUP
40; DJONNO, STUYD,SIMPLE SAUCE,2010 PREMIER, GOALKICKER, AJ18
39; LONGY ZILLMERE, BUNYIP, SWITCH THE PLAY ,UP IT STUMPY, UP TO BRIZZ, LAGGING BEHIND, MOBBS
38; BOOPS
32; TIME TO RETIRE
31 ; NOOSA BOY

Poor practice SM - it's a different time.... :) gee I was discussing this exact thing with my mates from melb one day and they reminded me how we used to not go to the wedding during cricket season but rolled up to the reception after a days play... lol

Panthers have kicked 7+ in either the 3rd or 4th quarter of every game this year except Round 2 vs Sherwood.

In some cases, 6+ in both quarters

Bloody good closers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panthers have kicked 7+ in either the 3rd or 4th quarter of every game this year except Round 2 vs Sherwood.

In some cases, 6+ in both quarters

Bloody good closers!
Funny how no one had Morningside in top 6 at start of year and most had them bottom 3.

Just shows how quickly things can turn around with right recruits, good kids and existing playing group buying in as well.

Joint was buzzing on weekend. What local footy is all about.

Funny how no one had Morningside in top 6 at start of year and most had them bottom 3.

Just shows how quickly things can turn around with right recruits, good kids and existing playing group buying in as well.

Still Me ,
agree .. and I must admit I did make comment on here pre season that Mornigside will improve as they have picked up some very good recruits but I did not back them to make the final 6 ...
Great for the Comp and I cannot recall the lack of tipsters picking the card in our tipping comp since we have been conducting it ,, I guess about 5 seasons now.

Same coach from last year SM? There was some disquiet on this forum about his appointment over Dogga - not sure there would be now....

Still Me ,
agree .. and I must admit I did make comment on here pre season that Mornigside will improve as they have picked up some very good recruits but I did not back them to make the final 6 ...
Great for the Comp and I cannot recall the lack of tipsters picking the card in our tipping comp since we have been conducting it ,, I guess about 5 seasons now.
Doing a good job Stuyd - aside from gifting SM a few points occasionally... LOL

Same coach from last year SM? There was some disquiet on this forum about his appointment over Dogga - not sure there would be now....
I don’t think it was ever an appointment over Doggie but more change was needed. A lot of things have gone on behind scenes at Morningside that have worked for the club and everyone is on same page.

Had a cracking past players reunion on weekend which was one of the biggest ones I have seen there in my short time.

Paul Egan has his knockers but you can’t argue with results.

I don’t think it was ever an appointment over Doggie but more change was needed. A lot of things have gone on behind scenes at Morningside that have worked for the club and everyone is on same page.

Had a cracking past players reunion on weekend which was one of the biggest ones I have seen there in my short time.

Paul Egan has his knockers but you can’t argue with results.
Forgot to add that Nick Pearson who is an assistant coach and looking after ressies is also doing an outstanding job.

Got them sitting on top undefeated. Think it just shows we have some great lower level coaches that just need an opportunity and some are very good.

Shout out to Longy as well on his appointment of SEQ Women’s Coach.

Few QAFL Clubs need to look at some of these guys a bit more. Pugs at Redcliffe is another one building great resume of taking a club up through a competition.

They going well, no doubt. But the self congratulations after 'manipulating' the cap and points system is still a bit early.

Their 2s going very well, cause they can't pick their best 22 after the recruiting spree and not being able to list their entire squad on the Lions VFL list to reduce their point value.

Would love to know how Lloyd is 3 points? 3 guys in the team on the weekend reportedly on north of $1,000 a game would also make things tight around the salary cap? (reports from the individuals themselves, not just salacious rumour)

Watts won a flag with an open cheque book and loose points rules only a few years back, so not sure the coach change has made much difference - just the support they are given!

Having said all that, Horne and McDonagh would have to be two of the best recruits in the competition in the last 24 months - playing on the right points and probably on normal dollars - they are both absolute stars.

They going well, no doubt. But the self congratulations after 'manipulating' the cap and points system is still a bit early.

Their 2s going very well, cause they can't pick their best 22 after the recruiting spree and not being able to list their entire squad on the Lions VFL list to reduce their point value.

Would love to know how Lloyd is 3 points? 3 guys in the team on the weekend reportedly on north of $1,000 a game would also make things tight around the salary cap? (reports from the individuals themselves, not just salacious rumour)

Watts won a flag with an open cheque book and loose points rules only a few years back, so not sure the coach change has made much difference - just the support they are given!

Having said all that, Horne and McDonagh would have to be two of the best recruits in the competition in the last 24 months - playing on the right points and probably on normal dollars - they are both absolute stars.
Agree that Horne and McDonagh are top recruits... Mcdonagh is a very classy player ,, great kick of the footy

Pretty sure if some of their ressies who want to play 1s somewhere else can transfer to another club until June 30th?

I know they have some home grown talent a bit bemused at the purchase of players put in front of them. Im sure they would be much appreciated at Sherwood and MTG, absolutely no doubt..

Last edited:

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Lloyd was initially 6 points I think when played first game. Then Brisbane looked at taking him in mid season draft because of injuries. So they put him on VFL list to qualify his 3 games before mid season draft. AFL then said no to going onto AFL list because he retired.

So he can just stay on VFL list. Not sure what problem is with that or how it’s Morningsides fault.

Pretty sure if some of their ressies who want to play 1s somewhere else can transfer to another club until June 30th?

I know they have some home grown talent a bit bemused at the purchase of players put in front of them. Im sure they would be much appreciated at Sherwood and MTG, absolutely no doubt..

Pretty sure all of them happy to play finals in some form in either grade and not play seniors to get smashed every week at another club.

Plus 5+ points going to other clubs doesn’t make it attractive recruiting idea for them anyway.

If hes VFL listed, he is a 2 pointer. Like Bertolli Simmonds...😉

But 3 points kind of suggests he is neither 6 (the correct value) or 2 (the VFL value) - so just looks like some sort of deal has been done.

We played with 29 points on weekend, doesn't matter if people are 1 or 10 😂

Hung in well for a half, losing 2 players before half time including another dreaded ACL to a topliner, it was hard to halt momentum after the break. Could have thrown everyone behind the ball, but 9 teenagers in the team vs a team with 4 ex listed players they wouldn't learn much from that.

Our first real blowout other than opening quarter vs Labrador, we are tracking ok.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back